2020-2021 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am confused, can anyone explain why II are being sent our so early. Are they for regular MD or other purposes? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I am confused, can anyone explain why II are being sent our so early. Are they for regular MD or other purposes? Thanks

I interviewed regular MD a few weeks ago, I don't think these invites are considered early. Unless it's for a special program like you mentioned, then i guess it might be early...

Does anyone know when UCI will start sending out decisions?

has there been a certain day(s) that IIs were sent out? Or has it been random?

A secondary would be lovely...Primary submitted 7/20 LM70, mission fit and live a mile from the school

Reactions: 2 users
For 9/22 interviewees (and early October too), I guess if we don't hear back by tomorrow that means they will start releasing decisions after Halloween. I am so anxious to get this off my mind, though. I'm sure you all can relate. It's been a long wait!

Members don't see this ad :)
Folks who have interviewed, about how long was the interview day? I just got my II (yay!!) and need to tell my work how much time I need off.

Folks who have interviewed, about how long was the interview day? I just got my II (yay!!) and need to tell my work how much time I need off.
It depends on your exact interview times, but mine was over by the early afternoon!

Reactions: 1 user
My interview day was from 8am to 3pm PST. You might end earlier or later depending on what time your faculty interview is. I had my student interview from 12 to 1pm, a 1-hr break, and then my faculty interview from 2 to 3pm (scheduled to last 1 hr but ended by 2:30pm).

II last night 10 pm. Complete mid August. Interview scheduled for mid Jan (only option)

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone get any MSTP IIs recently?
It seems they schedule them one month before the next interview, on Mondays. My guess is the next one will be 11/9

Reactions: 1 users
Ii last night at 10pm too. I couldn't find any available dates to schedule, though, so I just emailed their office.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an acceptance call from Dr. Osborn this morning. I'm gonna be an Anteater, baby!!! Interviewed on 9/22

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
I just got my call!!! Dr. Osborn as well & 9/22 interview date. I CANNOT BELIEVE IT. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
I just got the call too!!!!! Interviewed 9/22!!!! I am so freaking happy right now OMG!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Just got put on the alternate list :( 9/22 interview.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
Post-interview rejection. 9/22 interview. Good luck everyone else, and congratulations to those who have been accepted!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
accepted today!!!! This feels absolutely unreal! Congratulations to everyone else accepted, and good luck to everyone still applying!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
For people on the alternate list, when you click 'submit' for 'I want to remain on the alternate list' nothing happens right? It still shows the options with whichever choice you chose?

Until what dates have interview dates been filled up?

accepted today!!!! This feels absolutely unreal! Congratulations to everyone else accepted, and good luck to everyone still applying!
Congratulations, you truly deserve this! What was your interview date if you don't mind sharing?

For those who got an acceptance, did you see a change in your portal and did you also get an email?

Hi everyone! Does anyone know if the third interview in Spanish for PRIME-LC is on the same day as your main UCI interview or if it is sometime after acceptance? I ask because it says you must first be accepted before being considered for admission to the PRIME-LC program.

Honestly is there still a chance to get an II? Or should I lose all hope?

• Wow
Hi everyone! Does anyone know if the third interview in Spanish for PRIME-LC is on the same day as your main UCI interview or if it is sometime after acceptance? I ask because it says you must first be accepted before being considered for admission to the PRIME-LC program.
I interviewed for another mission based program but it was the same day as those applying to PRIME-LC. I think everyone had the same format and had the third interview on the same day. If you get accepted into the school, then they will evaluate your third interview for the program.

Anyone who interviewed in October hear back yet?
I think a few 10/6 interviewees received news last week when UCI sent their first batch of notifications. I also interviewed 10/6 and haven’t heard anything. Anxiously waiting...when did you interview?

I think a few 10/6 interviewees received news last week when UCI sent their first batch of notifications. I also interviewed 10/6 and haven’t heard anything. Anxiously waiting...when did you interview?

interviewed 10/06 and received my acceptance 10/30

• Love
Ok, I interviewed 10/19. I haven’t heard if anyone from that day heard back yet. Best of luck to you though, hopefully we hear good news soon!

I interviewed for another mission based program but it was the same day as those applying to PRIME-LC. I think everyone had the same format and had the third interview on the same day. If you get accepted into the school, then they will evaluate your third interview for the program.
Thank you! Good luck!!