-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 UC Irvine
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Have accepted students received any formal letter in the mail yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is this for normal Med or is it a program?interviewed 10/06 and received my acceptance 10/30
Is this for normal Med or is it a program?
reg MD
Avacado001
Full Member
Anyone else still waiting for a secondary? Is it a silent R at this point? 🙁
10thousndhrs
Full Member
complete late august and nothing yet
Same here. Still hopeful though 😉complete late august and nothing yet
No IIs anywhere yet. Feeling really hopeless 🙁
It's tough cycle to say the least. I'm complete on ~45 schools with only one II. Keep the faithNo IIs anywhere yet. Feeling really hopeless 🙁
10thousndhrs
Full Member
It's tough cycle to say the least. I'm complete on ~45 schools with only one II. Keep the faith![]()
SAME
one II and five rejections (+2 holds). this is agony
Can you put a finger on what you think is keeping you from getting more II's ? I feel I have a strong enough app (though not bullet-proof by any stretch), so pretty surprised I don't have a couple more than just the one.SAME
one II and five rejections (+2 holds). this is agony
ShoddySquare
New Member
Does anyone know if theres a FB group for the entering class yet?
This is definately not a normal cycle, things are going way slower than normal. Don’t lose hope yet, you got this!No IIs anywhere yet. Feeling really hopeless 🙁
10thousndhrs
Full Member
Can you put a finger on what you think is keeping you from getting more II's ? I feel I have a strong enough app (though not bullet-proof by any stretch), so pretty surprised I don't have a couple more than just the one.
I'm truly not sure... my one II was a top 10 school but I haven't received any other IIs... applied to 35 schools
Also I'm a CA resident and Asian which doesn't help
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if there's hope for early August complete apps to get interviews?
I had a school where i wasnt complete until mid-late october reach out to me so have faith! best of luck to us both!Does anyone know if there's hope for early August complete apps to get interviews?
10thousndhrs
Full Member
i want that scrumptious III want that delicious A.
Anyone aware of when UCI is planning on releasing their next decisions?
hey everyone, just wanted to get an opinion on something. if we haven't received a secondary at this point in time, is it safe to say it's a silent R? thanks, and congrats for those who did get II/acceptances!
WhatDoYouKnow
Full Member
For anyone who has submitted an update to UCI, did you stick to the rule of 500 characters or less with spaces? Seems like that is barely a sentence and I want to write more.
Definitely wrote more, when I asked admissions they just said keep it short. I wrote about a paragraph, probably 850-1000 characters.For anyone who has submitted an update to UCI, did you stick to the rule of 500 characters or less with spaces? Seems like that is barely a sentence and I want to write more.
Oops I sent a whole ass letter, didn't realize there were guidelines oofFor anyone who has submitted an update to UCI, did you stick to the rule of 500 characters or less with spaces? Seems like that is barely a sentence and I want to write more.
17xapplicant
Full Member
Just received rejection email (3.96, 522, IS)
+1 pre-II R, similar statsJust received rejection email (3.96, 522, IS)
D
deleted1076485
+2, similar stats, complete late august+1 pre-II R, similar stats
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is interesting...if I count right, there are four of you that received pre-II R in the last hour or so. And most / all appear to have what I consider to be very high / exceptionally high stats. Is this a classic case of yield protection ?
Idk maybe yield protection based on mcat, def not gpa for me. Pre-II R now too, 3.4x, 52x and IS 🙁
Got R as well.
17xapplicant
Full Member
dang :/ do u guys mind sharing when u were complete?
Complete mid-august
Woke up to R this morning 🙁 In state, above 3.8, 519 mcat.
R
Removed 982794
Have they reached early September yet?
Sorry to hear that 🙁 would you please share when you were complete?Woke up to R this morning 🙁 In state, above 3.8, 519 mcat.
Sorry to hear that 🙁 would you please share when you were complete?
I think early august my secondary app was complete
JUST GOT THE CALL FROM DEAN OSBORN...ACCEPTED!!! 🙂 🙂 Almost didn't answer because it came up as "Spam Risk" and I've been getting a bunch of spam calls, so make sure you guys answer your phone!
Interviewed 10/6
Interviewed 10/6
What was the area code?JUST GOT THE CALL FROM DEAN OSBORN...ACCEPTED!!! 🙂 🙂 Almost didn't answer because it came up as "Spam Risk" and I've been getting a bunch of spam calls, so make sure you guys answer your phone!
Interviewed 10/6
R
Removed 982794
probz 949What was the area code?
I wasn’t able to see the area code, but I would also assume it’ll be 949What was the area code?
Accepted!! Interviewed 10/19
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the MD acceptance call!! Interviewed 10/19!! applied prime, apparently we hear from them later 🙂
ducks_are _the best
Full Member
Any more interview invites? Complete late-ish august and nothing
+1 complete 8/19. fingers crossed!!Any more interview invites? Complete late-ish august and nothing
Last edited:
Same here, I think we gotta be ready for that Thanksgiving R. It's always better to expect the worstAny more interview invites? Complete late-ish august and nothing