2020-2021 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone have any idea when the next wave of acceptances may be?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Have accepted students received any formal letter in the mail yet?

could some more people provide dates of secondary completion vs II? Trying to get a feel of when to expect anything if at all Thank you! greatly appreciated

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else still waiting for a secondary? Is it a silent R at this point? :(

Reactions: 3 users
SAME

one II and five rejections (+2 holds). this is agony
Can you put a finger on what you think is keeping you from getting more II's ? I feel I have a strong enough app (though not bullet-proof by any stretch), so pretty surprised I don't have a couple more than just the one.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can you put a finger on what you think is keeping you from getting more II's ? I feel I have a strong enough app (though not bullet-proof by any stretch), so pretty surprised I don't have a couple more than just the one.

I'm truly not sure... my one II was a top 10 school but I haven't received any other IIs... applied to 35 schools

Also I'm a CA resident and Asian which doesn't help

Does anyone know if there's hope for early August complete apps to get interviews?

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if there's hope for early August complete apps to get interviews?
I had a school where i wasnt complete until mid-late october reach out to me so have faith! best of luck to us both!

• Care
Do they do silent Rs?

Reactions: 1 users
Any recent reg MD IIs? Been complete since mid Aug but still trying to remain hopeful

• Sad
Anyone aware of when UCI is planning on releasing their next decisions?

Reactions: 1 users
hey everyone, just wanted to get an opinion on something. if we haven't received a secondary at this point in time, is it safe to say it's a silent R? thanks, and congrats for those who did get II/acceptances!

For anyone who has submitted an update to UCI, did you stick to the rule of 500 characters or less with spaces? Seems like that is barely a sentence and I want to write more.

For anyone who has submitted an update to UCI, did you stick to the rule of 500 characters or less with spaces? Seems like that is barely a sentence and I want to write more.
Definitely wrote more, when I asked admissions they just said keep it short. I wrote about a paragraph, probably 850-1000 characters.

Oops I sent a whole ass letter, didn't realize there were guidelines oof

This is interesting...if I count right, there are four of you that received pre-II R in the last hour or so. And most / all appear to have what I consider to be very high / exceptionally high stats. Is this a classic case of yield protection ?

Idk maybe yield protection based on mcat, def not gpa for me. Pre-II R now too, 3.4x, 52x and IS :(

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Got that R this morning, complete 8/15. Good luck everyone

• Care
Woke up to R this morning :( In state, above 3.8, 519 mcat.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
JUST GOT THE CALL FROM DEAN OSBORN...ACCEPTED!!! :) :) Almost didn't answer because it came up as "Spam Risk" and I've been getting a bunch of spam calls, so make sure you guys answer your phone!
Interviewed 10/6

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
JUST GOT THE CALL FROM DEAN OSBORN...ACCEPTED!!! :) :) Almost didn't answer because it came up as "Spam Risk" and I've been getting a bunch of spam calls, so make sure you guys answer your phone!
Interviewed 10/6
What was the area code?

Anyone who interviewed MSTP heard back yet?

Got the MD acceptance call!! Interviewed 10/19!! applied prime, apparently we hear from them later :)

• Love
Just got the acceptance call too!! :) Interviewed 10/19!
Congrats to all those who got accepted and good luck to everyone else!

• Love