2020-2021 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anybody still waiting for a secondary?? I was verified on 7/24, IS, LizzyM ~74... I'm getting worried and not sure if they're just behind since everybody else seems to be getting interviews already

it is still possible to get a secondary in the cycle, but the more time passes, there more applications that they have to select from to give out secondaries

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Apparently the schools and AMCAS are pretty disjointed. On top of that the "primary" they receive is in a pretty awful format from what I understand. Re-entering data on their portal makes it easier for them.

Still lazy because the better solution is just for AAMC to make a primary system that's more conducive to AdComs' review process. Maybe send them an electronic version to which they can move our entries around and re-organize to their liking. Too bad that won't be happening any time soon with how cumbersome COVID-19 has been on the AAMC.

Reactions: 1 users
HI all! First time applicant to UC-Irvine and def reaching but I wanted to see if anyone else had a long wait before receiving secondaru.

My AMCAS was Verified 8/13 but did not add UC-Irvine until Sept 3. I received the receipt email but still have not received the Secondary. Should I email them? Thanks in advance!

HI all! First time applicant to UC-Irvine and def reaching but I wanted to see if anyone else had a long wait before receiving secondaru.

My AMCAS was Verified 8/13 but did not add UC-Irvine until Sept 3. I received the receipt email but still have not received the Secondary. Should I email them? Thanks in advance!
They screen for the secondary--don't email them. I took around 2 months to recieve mine

Reactions: 5 users

I haven't received a secondary either and I was verified on 8/20. I guess I wasn't worth getting to know more about. :cryi:

They screen for the secondary--don't email them. I took around 2 months to recieve mine
I haven't received a secondary either and I was verified on 8/20. I guess I wasn't worth getting to know more about. :cryi:

Good look. Thanks for letting me know!
I have a friend who was verified on 9/1 and received secondary 9/3 so I was like hmmmm...?

Reactions: 1 user
Good look. Thanks for letting me know!
I have a friend who was verified on 9/1 and received secondary 9/3 so I was like hmmmm...?
Same here. My friend was verified and received one three days later. We both have identical stats, exps, and demographics (IS, ORM), so who knows why there's such a discrepancy?!

Same here. My friend was verified and received one three days later. We both have identical stats, exps, and demographics (IS, ORM), so who knows why there's such a discrepancy?!

Yup! I am OOS (AZ) and she is in NorCal (IS). Her MCAT is 6 points higher too so I thought maybe that.

Yup! I am OOS (AZ) and she is in NorCal (IS). Her MCAT is 6 points higher too so I thought maybe that.
No one knows. I live commuting distance from the school, have professional and personal connections there, and high stat, and it still took 2 months lmfao

• Haha
No one knows. I live commuting distance from the school, have professional and personal connections there, and high stat, and it still took 2 months lmfao

I think most UC's are obscure with secondary release

FACTS! This is literally me with my home school and took a month to get the secondary after my Primary was verified. Thanks for helping me be less neurotic.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol I just got my secondary hehe I’m late to the party but we still out here!! :))

Reactions: 2 users
do you guys think that serving in the peace corps in a latin american country would count for the "Have you participated in service to the Latino/Latinx/Latine community for at least one year?" question? or does it need to be a local latino community just in the US?

Just checked my portal and saw that they added interview status (see pic) - does this mean they're still considering me right now and haven't granted an interview yet, or they've already reviewed and decided not to offer me an interview?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 1.00.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 1.00.57 PM.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 208
Just checked my portal and saw that they added interview status (see pic) - does this mean they're still considering me right now and haven't granted an interview yet, or they've already reviewed and decided not to offer me an interview?
The interview section was there for me by default, like even before I submitted my secondary lol

Reactions: 4 users
anyone else get an email that your AMCAS has been received? i got this before and i submitted my secondary a month ago so this freaked me out

anyone else get an email that your AMCAS has been received? i got this before and i submitted my secondary a month ago so this freaked me out
I got it as well and my secondary has been submitted for a while.

ucsd and ucsf recently declared that they are not using MCAT in interview decisions/acceptances this year, even if people do have scores
In regard to UCSD, I believe a score is still required prior to being accepted.

i think they both require a score on file eventually, but they have said that they will not be using it in decisions

I thought they go birdbox on mcat for interview decisions but final decisions they look at Mcat. I could be mistaken

• Haha
I thought they go birdbox on mcat for interview decisions but final decisions they look at Mcat. I could be mistaken

That was my understanding as well, but I hope I'm wrong. I'd love it to be MCAT blind.

For the 9/22 interviewees, we're supposed to see our full 'agenda' for interview day but I don't see mine yet? anyone else have this problem?

Hey guys.

Two questions.

1. On the secondary for the question about service to the Latino community, should I include my medical assistant job? We had a lot of Latino patients due to the area I work in, but I'm not sure if that counts?

2. On the secondary, is it okay if I list my medical assistant job for both "clinical activities" and "employment"?

Hey guys.

Two questions.

1. On the secondary for the question about service to the Latino community, should I include my medical assistant job? We had a lot of Latino patients due to the area I work in, but I'm not sure if that counts?

2. On the secondary, is it okay if I list my medical assistant job for both "clinical activities" and "employment"?
I did the exact same thing but as a Scribe. I think that makes sense

Does anybody else have a Student ID number listed on their portal? I logged on and noticed it for the first time (and noticed it was different from my current student ID cause I'm an undergrad here), and just wanted to see if it was an update or if everyone automatically gets one.

I submitted my secondary here 8/14, but haven't heard anything since...

Does anybody else have a Student ID number listed on their portal? I logged on and noticed it for the first time (and noticed it was different from my current student ID cause I'm an undergrad here), and just wanted to see if it was an update or if everyone automatically gets one.

I submitted my secondary here 8/14, but haven't heard anything since...

Yeah, I think everyone gets one eventually. They say it's just to progress through the app process? and it seems like regardless of end decision, so.

I have the UCI student ID, but not the UCInet ID yet - that one has a note that it can be activated later in November (assuming they don't smack me with the R before then haha).

Yeah, I think everyone gets one eventually. They say it's just to progress through the app process? and it seems like regardless of end decision, so.

I have the UCI student ID, but not the UCInet ID yet - that one has a note that it can be activated later in November (assuming they don't smack me with the R before then haha).

That makes sense, thanks!

For those who interviewed, did they say when they would send decisions?
I was never told. Last year's thread showed people from Day 1 (late August early September) found out late October or even as late as January I believe.

Got teased by a post-interview survey even though they mentioned it coming :( Anyone who interviewed remember them presenting about the admissions process/post-interview info? There's a question in the survey that asks about that info and I never received any. Don't want to contact the school to seem like I'm fishing for when a date As get announched.

For those who have already interviewed: Is there a virtual MMI for Irvine this year? Or is it being substituted by VITA?

For those who have already interviewed: Is there a virtual MMI for Irvine this year? Or is it being substituted by VITA?
UCI is using the VITA interview this year along with interviews with a faculty member and current student.

Hi all,
Does UCI accept updates? I cannot find this info on their site and cannot get in touch with them. I'm applying MSTP, in case their req's are different.

When did people get access to their interview day schedule? I still don't see mine on the portal.

Hi all,
Does UCI accept updates? I cannot find this info on their site and cannot get in touch with them. I'm applying MSTP, in case their req's are different.
They do! I called them and they said to upload it on the portal through the communication tab

• Care
Reactions: 2 users