2020-2021 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just checked my portal and I now have an interview tab and was able to schedule an interview!!! However, I never received an email indicating they would like to invite me to an interview? Anyone else experience this?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
I just checked my portal and I now have an interview tab and was able to schedule an interview!!! However, I never received an email indicating they would like to invite me to an interview? Anyone else experience this?
Congrats!! Because of your post I just checked and I got a PRIME II !! So hyped. If this is a mistake I will be so sad lol

Congrats!! Because of your post I just checked and I got a PRIME II !! So hyped. If this is a mistake I will be so sad lol

Omg congrats!! Do you mind if I ask when you were complete?

Members don't see this ad :)

I did!! It was a real II :) They said they are just slower with the emails to notify you! Congrats!!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to everyone else who has gotten an interview so far. Does anyone know around what time the interview session will end for the day? I just want to let my professors/TAs know I'll be gone.

I have possibly a silly question! I received an II for the LEAD-ABC program, but does that mean I am also being considered for the regular MD or do I need to wait for a separate II? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
The secondary asks if I have ever participated in service to the Latino/Latinx/Latine community for at least one year?
I worked at a clinic that serves homeless populations. However, many of the patients were uninsured and Latino. Would this be considered as an experience in which I served the Latino population?

The secondary asks if I have ever participated in service to the Latino/Latinx/Latine community for at least one year?
I worked at a clinic that serves homeless populations. However, many of the patients were uninsured and Latino. Would this be considered as an experience in which I served the Latino population?
I would say that counts

Received a secondary. Complete 8/6. Lord have mercy

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone not get a secondary yet? I was verified on 8/10 but have not heard anything. I heard that they send pre-secondary rejections early on. Should I assume no news is good news?

Did anyone not get a secondary yet? I was verified on 8/10 but have not heard anything. I heard that they send pre-secondary rejections early on. Should I assume no news is good news?
FWIW, i was verified 6/4 and received my secondary 10/6

Reactions: 1 users
Just received a prime II and broke down crying while working in lab, Im oos and 509 mcat so I really thought there was no chance. Good luck everyone!!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 18 users
Just received a prime II and broke down crying while working in lab, Im oos and 509 mcat so I really thought there was no chance. Good luck everyone!!!!
Congrats!! When were you complete if you don't mind sharing?

Congrats!!! You deserve it!! :)

• Care
Congratulations :) go get 'em!

• Care
did anyone on the secondary put most significant activities in each section, instead of regurgitating the primary app?

did anyone on the secondary put most significant activities in each section, instead of regurgitating the primary app?
I did that, and I lalso love your profile pic! My personal fave kdrama doctor is Lee Jong Suk c:

I also put only the most significant activities

Does anyone who interviewed on 9/22 know when we will hear back? Maybe the next few days or upcoming week?

Does anyone who interviewed on 9/22 know when we will hear back? Maybe the next few days or upcoming week?
No and definitely too afraid to email and ask but last year, when decisions opened on 10/15, the first calls were made on 10/21. Really hoping to see that 949 area code pop up in the next few days.

No and definitely too afraid to email and ask but last year, when decisions opened on 10/15, the first calls were made on 10/21. Really hoping to see that 949 area code pop up in the next few days.
Lol good thing I don't have a II because I might get my spam callers mixed up with UCI

Same. Good luck to you! It seems like 9/22 was the first interview date this year, based on this thread. Perhaps that will influence the timeline of when decisions are released.

Does anyone know if Irvine is actually going to use VITA in making their decision?

I waited for what seemed like forever for the secondary, I guess it makes sense to wait again for an II :happy:

Does anyone know if Irvine is actually going to use VITA in making their decision?
I'm not sure. According to AAMC VITA FAQ, "there is no guarantee that a medical school that selects you to interview will view or evaluate your responses." I guess we might never know if UCI will actually use VITA in making their decision. I'm personally not that confident with my VITA responses, so I hope they don't place too much weight on it.

For those who have interviewed already. What was the duration of your 1 on 1 interviews?

Does anyone have advice for preparing for the interview here?

Does anyone have advice for preparing for the interview here?
It really is as chill as everyone says. The info session in the morning has tons of good info and they are trying their best given the virtual nature. I was definitely asked tell me about yourself, why medicine, why UCI, what are your hobbies. The student interview will be very conversational and looking for fit within the student body. Best of luck!

• Love
Anyone get any regular MD II recently? seems like its been quiet...:(

Reactions: 3 users