You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 UC Riverside
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Received secondary twice this morning lol. Ties to SoCal but not IE
+1Secondary this morning! CA. ORM.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sassystudent1998
Full Member
How are you guys converting quarter to semester units for the pre-req section? Divide by 1.5?
I just pulled up my amcas app and used the values on there - foolproofHow are you guys converting quarter to semester units for the pre-req section? Divide by 1.5?
Are they still screening? I added UCR last night and got the secondary this morning, seems like they are just sending them out without screening
R
Removed 982794
Also got secondary this morning. Pretty surprised to have received it. Are they still screening this year?
Secondary received. IS, verified on 8/6
That 1 week deadline though SHEEEEEESH
That 1 week deadline though SHEEEEEESH
But what are they reviewing? They also just say "verified AMCAS applicants"- but who knows, UCR seems to be doing their own thing this cycle haha.After initial review of applications, secondary application invitations will be released on a continual basis to verified AMCAS applicants within the next two weeks.
That sounds like screening but maybe not
My email does not say a 1 one week deadline? It says by December 18th. This is weird.Secondary received. IS, verified on 8/6
That 1 week deadline though SHEEEEEESH
They’re confusing everyone! From the email, it mentioned that “based off initial review, we believe you may be a good fit for our program“ lol like what??But what are they reviewing? They also just say "verified AMCAS applicants"- but who knows, UCR seems to be doing their own thing this cycle haha.
Mine says both:My email does not say a 1 one week deadline? It says by December 18th. This is weird.
We ask that you complete your secondary application within one week.
The deadline to complete this application is December 18th, 2020. It is in your best interest to complete the application as soon as possible.
So maybe the 1 week is a recommendation?
You're right, I missed that on their email! Maybe they're being vague on purpose haha.They’re confusing everyone! From the email, it mentioned that “based off initial review, we believe you may be a good fit for our program“ lol like what??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Secondary received this morning! From SoCal but no direct ties to IE. Submitted my verified primary to them on 8/3.
My email also stated a 1 week deadline.
My email also stated a 1 week deadline.
Read it more closely and same hahaMine says both:
We ask that you complete your secondary application within one week.
The deadline to complete this application is December 18th, 2020. It is in your best interest to complete the application as soon as possible.
So maybe the 1 week is a recommendation?
I'm starting to suspect that the 1-week deadline is a recommendation (albeit maybe a strong one) because I know University of Arizona gives you a deadline. And if you're past that deadline, the application closes. Like, you can login but you can't do anything.
I just logged in for UCR and I can still do stuff.
I just logged in for UCR and I can still do stuff.
I used my AMCAS conversionDo we have to convert quarter hours into semester hours if our transcript is in quarter units? All the directions are so vague
Use your verified AMCAS for the units! They already convert them for you.Do we have to convert quarter hours into semester hours if our transcript is in quarter units? All the directions are so vague
they were looking for humanities courses that "emphasize culture, ethics, public health, spiritual practices, and other aspects of diversity" so I only entered courses that fit that criteriaFor the Humanities/Social science course requirements is it correct to include economics or music as a course for this section? I googled social science and humanities courses and those showed up
Would it be worth it to submit the secondary if you didn't take 3 credits of Spanish? Are they pretty stringent on that?
From the FAQ section on the secondary portal:Would it be worth it to submit the secondary if you didn't take 3 credits of Spanish? Are they pretty stringent on that?
"I have not completed a Spanish course. Am I required to complete one?
Spanish is not required, only recommended. It is certainly helpful to complete Spanish coursework prior to applying since our medical students and local healthcare professionals serve a large amount of Spanish-speaking population in the Inland Empire."
xtb20ltsolxx
Full Member
Secondary invite today (finally)
Verified before transmission 7/10
IS SoCal, ORM, no ties to IE
Verified before transmission 7/10
IS SoCal, ORM, no ties to IE
Would intercultural communication count lmao...... I feel like I may add like 2 courses that MAY count just in case 😉they were looking for humanities courses that "emphasize culture, ethics, public health, spiritual practices, and other aspects of diversity" so I only entered courses that fit that criteria
secondary received, IS, URM, not IE
secondary received! IS, ORM, and IE!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
spiritcat13
Full Member
What grade are you guys putting for AP courses? Other? Credit?
What grade are you guys putting for AP courses? Other? Credit?
I put credit
Secondary received, but unsure if i should spend the time/money to fill it out. IS, ORM, not inland empire and no real ties, as I am living in urban SoCal. Some work with the underserved (~100 hours), but not a whole lot either.
*insert clever ign*
New Member
Secondary received today, ORM, no direct ties to the IE but I live right next to it so here's hoping haha. Also looking for some advice/insight: just realized I'm unfortunately 2 semester hours short of the physics requirement, since lab hours don't count toward the total 🙁. Does anyone know if this will be a deal breaker, or do I still have a chance if the rest of my app isn't too shabby and I've' met the rest of the requirements? Thanks in advance!
Submitted my secondary. However, a weird thing happened:
I got a secondary invitation 9/21. Got confirmation of submitted secondary just now but at the same time got another secondary invite. I guess their system was a little wonky.
I got a secondary invitation 9/21. Got confirmation of submitted secondary just now but at the same time got another secondary invite. I guess their system was a little wonky.
+1@Tetines of Paris same thing happened to me
Did anyone else not receive their previous email stating that the cycle is delayed? just wondering because I haven't gotten a secondary
D
deleted1053887
TBH, I'm not sure increasing the word count for the secondary is really wise for the admissions committee, considering there are increased applications this year, they're sending secondaries to all verified applicants (or so they claim) and they're so late on everything :0 not sure what they were thinking on this one
Is anyone else really annoyed that we have to add the completion date to each class we upload .... so much extra work
Is anyone else really annoyed that we have to add the completion date to each class we upload .... so much extra work
It's probably gonna turn out that there was an easier way to do it but I literally was looking up academic calendars from previous years and just choosing when the semester ended as the date.
My email does not say a 1 one week deadline? It says by December 18th. This is weird.
same here
yeah I did that too 🙂 I have just taken lots of classes so it takes that much longer to input, are you all adding all classes that you did well in or just the minimum required?It's probably gonna turn out that there was an easier way to do it but I literally was looking up academic calendars from previous years and just choosing when the semester ended as the date.
letsgoooooo
Full Member
When were you verified!Secondary this morning! CA. ORM.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe 4 quarter units = 2.70 semester hoursMy AMCAS hours aren't converted for quarter units. Like 4 quarter units still show up as 4 credit hours on AMCAS, but UCR is asking for semester hours. What should I do?
sassystudent1998
Full Member
My AMCAS hours aren't converted for quarter units. Like 4 quarter units still show up as 4 credit hours on AMCAS, but UCR is asking for semester hours. What should I do?
That's really weird, but for me the conversions were pretty much: 1 quarter unit= 0.70 semester units; 3 quarter= 2 semester; 4 quarter= 2.7 semester
Are you sure you were looking at your official AMCAS application because mine does show the semester hours?My AMCAS hours aren't converted for quarter units. Like 4 quarter units still show up as 4 credit hours on AMCAS, but UCR is asking for semester hours. What should I do?
PatricktheSponge
Full Member
Hi! so i dont have 16 semester hours of chem (even though i took all the chem courses required for life science majors at my school + biochem) and i saw that labs dont count.. does anyone know what i should do?