-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 UC Riverside
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
You mean 6 days after you submitted your secondary? When did you submit it?About 6 days for me!
takemercyonme
Full Member
They mentioned releasing the first wave of decisions around the middle of December.Anyone know what the timeline post interview is?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Based on last year's thread, I don't think pre secondary rejection will be send out until late March.
D
deleted907416
Does any one have any idea on contacting admissions about secondary? Still have received a secondary. I haven't even received a conformation that they have received my primary application =(
are you disadvantaged? from socal? when was you primary received?Does any one have any idea on contacting admissions about secondary? Still have received a secondary. I haven't even received a conformation that they have received my primary application =(
Looks like class size increased to 125 from this article. Not sure if it starts this cycle?I got accepted last year with a good scholarship and I was not a disadvantaged student. I am an ORM from the IE with good stats who has lead a privileged life. They only have 70 seats and one third of that go to Haider Applicants so they screen to the max.
State OKs $25M to double UCR medical students
Budget allocates ongoing funding to the medical school
What do you think they screen for? Do they manually review before sending out secondaries?
but some people from IE haven't received i think. ANd some people who weren't and got the secondaryThe biggest screen is not being from the IE.
Not from IE, got secondary in September.
Being from the IE doesnt get you an automatic II. Like all schools, the quality of your PS, ECs, fit and stats also play a big role in getting a II. Being disavantaged and/or URM helps if you have lower stats, but it is not necessary. At least not for me. GL
So getting a secondary from them is huge?
So getting a secondary from them is huge?
That's what I wanna know. Because I am not from IE either and my stats aren't stellar. URM, though. Man, it would be cool to get a shot at this school with an II but so far nothing
Yeah I was referring to secondary, but i wasn't sure if UCR sent it to everyone and if it meant somethinggetting a secondary is very good because all the UCs screen heavily. an interview from any of the UCs is huge, including UCR.
Edit for clarification: II stands for interview invite and not secondary application.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From your lips to God's earsThis is not the norm. You have other qualities that show you are a good fit, including stats. if it comes down to you and another candidate from the IE with similar quality application and stats, you will be at a disadvantage. But you got the II, which is huge. I have your LM score and ended up at a T30 school. You may end up else where as well. UCR is generous with scholarships and/or grants once you are accepted. GL.
getting a secondary is very good because all the UCs screen heavily. an interview from any of the UCs is huge, including UCR.
Edit for clarification: II stands for interview invite and not secondary application.
Okay.
So getting the secondary (the extra essay) from Riverside is a good sign?
I haven’t gotten a II (interview...anything) yet, but I did submit in my Riverside secondary in late September.
I would really like the school - I live in IE, would like to work in the area in the future and am interested in primary care.
Question: Are interviews only going to be conducted this year? I’m just worried I have been screened out post-secondary.
My numbers...aren’t good. My strength lies in my post-bacc GPA and my work experience in the IE.
My numbers...aren’t good. My strength lies in my post-bacc GPA and my work experience in the IE.
I really highly doubt they will only do interviews in 2020. I am almost certain that they will do it in the early months of 2021 as well. For reference, they just sent out the first secondaries a little over a month ago, so they are relatively behind compared to other schools in the application progress.Question: Are interviews only going to be conducted this year? I’m just worried I have been screened out post-secondary.
My numbers...aren’t good. My strength lies in my post-bacc GPA and my work experience in the IE.
I really highly doubt they will only do interviews in 2020. I am almost certain that they will do it in the early months of 2021 as well. For reference, they just sent out the first secondaries a little over a month ago, so they are relatively behind compared to other schools in the application progress.
Okay. Were the secondaries screened this year? I would really love an offer from this school, though I know my record is a bit mangled from college. I did improve later though and have lots of work experience in the IE.
I’m also slightly down on a math requirement, so I don’t know how it will affect my chances for a II. Medicine is so competitive...
Yeah man, it's tough out here. I think you will be fine, though. You seem very mature and very passionate about the IE, which is something that they are looking for. Just stay patient and keep your head up 🙂Okay. Were the secondaries screened this year? I would really love an offer from this school, though I know my record is a bit mangled from college. I did improve later though and have lots of work experience in the IE.
I’m also slightly down on a math requirement, so I don’t know how it will affect my chances for a II. Medicine is so competitive...
And from what I know, they historically screen, and I don't know why they wouldn't this year. They are an incredibly mission-focused school.
Yeah man, it's tough out here. I think you will be fine, though. You seem very mature and very passionate about the IE, which is something that they are looking for. Just stay patient and keep your head up 🙂
And from what I know, they historically screen, and I don't know why they wouldn't this year. They are an incredibly mission-focused school.
I hope and pray. Thank you very much.
I know my numbers are low for MD, but yeah...I still hope and pray regardless. I hope they are at least impressed with my work experience.
wouldn't they screen pre and not post secondary? if she/he received secondary then the screen must've been before deciding to send it out no?I really highly doubt they will only do interviews in 2020. I am almost certain that they will do it in the early months of 2021 as well. For reference, they just sent out the first secondaries a little over a month ago, so they are relatively behind compared to other schools in the application progress.
holistically screen pre-secondary decisions?Yeah man, it's tough out here. I think you will be fine, though. You seem very mature and very passionate about the IE, which is something that they are looking for. Just stay patient and keep your head up 🙂
And from what I know, they historically screen, and I don't know why they wouldn't this year. They are an incredibly mission-focused school.
why would they screen post secondary?I hope and pray. Thank you very much.
I know my numbers are low for MD, but yeah...I still hope and pray regardless. I hope they are at least impressed with my work experience.
You have it right, screen pre-secondarywouldn't they screen pre and not post secondary? if she/he received secondary then the screen must've been before deciding to send it out no?
do you know if apps are in fact reviewed thoroughly before secondary decisions made?You have it right, screen pre-secondary
why would they screen post secondary?
Maybe I'm just nervous. I know they can only give out so many interviews...and acceptances.
Maybe I'm being anxious. Then again, I don't know how much they screened my application either 😵
D
deleted907416
Yes! URM. Born and raised in Southern California. Went to college in Riverside for my undergraduate. Currently completing my MPH in the IE. IE is home. Primary was processed 10/6.are you disadvantaged? from socal? when was you primary received?
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m pretty sure they do a pretty solid review before sending secondaries.do you know if apps are in fact reviewed thoroughly before secondary decisions made?
You remind me of someone I knew who is in the Northeast US for med school right now.I harve over 3000 hours of paid clinical experience and 350 hour of non-clinical volunteer work for an orgainzation that is well known in the IE. I also have a LOR from a well known UCR SOM. I did not attend UCR for my UG.
You seem like a good candidate, I’d anticipate a secondary soon 🙂Yes! URM. Born and raised in Southern California. Went to college in Riverside for my undergraduate. Currently completing my MPH in the IE. IE is home. Primary was processed 10/6.
I think they're just behind on sending out secondary. My stats are super low and still got one so I'm sure you guys will get one.
any news?
Silence for me after my secondary was submitted in late September.
I know I’m a long shot for this school though - my numbers are shaky.
I think they're just behind on sending out secondary. My stats are super low and still got one so I'm sure you guys will get one.
Seems like news on whether they’re screening or not is mixed - some saying they do and others saying they’re not.
It seems like that last year too.
Sigh. It’s stressful waiting for their judgement, though I’m pretty skeptical for my chances. I was even surprised I got an secondary.
i'm not sure if this will ease or worsen anxiety but i also haven't heard back after being complete mid-sept. this is my alma mater and i'm high stats, plus i tailored my secondary to their mission (and a lot of my activities fit it anyways since they took place in the ie) .. this process is a crapshoot y'all. i know most of the reason we are on here is to compare our standing to others but at some point its better to accept that we dont know wtf is going on in adcoms' heads
Last edited:
Seems like news on whether they’re screening or not is mixed - some saying they do and others saying they’re not.
It seems like that last year too.
Sigh. It’s stressful waiting for their judgement, though I’m pretty skeptical for my chances. I was even surprised I got an secondary.
Yea, TBH I don't even know if they screen but my stats are 100000 std from their lowest acceptance numbers lol. This is actually the only UC school that send me a secondary too.
doesn't it seem like ucr is sending it out to all? no screen or prior review decision?Not sure why you haven't gotten a 2nd, but with your stat, they may be yield protecting because you, my friend, will likely matriculate to a T10 or T5 school with scholarship.
when'd you get it@MDGunner I got a secondary, just no II
@MDGunner I got a secondary, just no II
Same here lol.
Yea, TBH I don't even know if they screen but my stats are 100000 std from their lowest acceptance numbers lol. This is actually the only UC school that send me a secondary too.
Same here.
I do live in the local area, so maybe that influenced their decision? They supposedly screen apps...but I really don’t know.
I would love to attend UCR, but I have a lot of dread because of my lackluster app.
i don't live in the area, but got secondarySame here.
I do live in the local area, so maybe that influenced their decision? They supposedly screen apps...but I really don’t know.
I would love to attend UCR, but I have a lot of dread because of my lackluster app.
i don't live in the area, but got secondary
Any ties to the local area? Are you from California? Maybe you did lots of stuff with low-income folks or expressed interest in primary care?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rainingcatsz
Full Member
Just got an II! But there are no dates available to sign up? Lol is this is a technical error? 😵
Just got an II! But there are no dates available to sign up? Lol is this is a technical error? 😵
congrats!!! when were you complete? what is your gpa & mcat???
D
deleted1012224
Also got an II today! Only see one date available, which isn't ideal. Anyone know if they'll add more?
Also got an II today! Only see one date available, which isn't ideal. Anyone know if they'll add more?
congrats! what is your mcat & GPA?