2020-2021 UCLA (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good put. I checked, lots of consternation in last year's thread about a 30-day deadline that apparently got reduced to 15 days this year. Wondering if 15 calendar days or "business" days. Email just says 15 days from date of this email which would imply the former.
 
Good put. I checked, lots of consternation in last year's thread about a 30-day deadline that apparently got reduced to 15 days this year. Wondering if 15 calendar days or "business" days. Email just says 15 days from date of this email which would imply the former.
Yes, I believe it's calendar days.
 
chrome_ABCOepeGVU.png


I don't think it's a coincidence that I received a secondary at 2 AM the same day I changed my program selection from "Other Special Program" to "Regular M.D.". Almost as if I went from a manual screen pile to automatic secondary...

If this helps literally anyone I will feel about 100x better. Otherwise, it can be a meme about how I've had this secondary pre-written since my 7/10 transmission date and only submitted today.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for anyone who got an interview invite: can someone please let me know what the guidelines for the photo upload were

also, did it make your photo blurrier
I uploaded the photo I have been using for other applications: tie + coat and neutral background, smiling.

It seems like it compressed my picture and lowered the quality.
 
I selected other special programs and got a secondary the next morning as if it was automatic. It really is a black box
View attachment 315531

I don't think it's a coincidence that I received a secondary at 2 AM the same day I changed my program selection from "Other Special Program" to "Regular M.D.". Almost as if I went from a manual screen pile to automatic secondary...

If this helps literally anyone I will feel about 100x better. Otherwise, it can be a meme about how I've had this secondary pre-written since my 7/10 transmission date and only submitted today.
 
I received an II yesterday, but have been unable to upload a picture. Website just will not accept my uploaded document. Same thing still going on this morning. Someone noted above the website may be down until sometime today, I just wondered if anyone else has encountered this problem?
 
Did you speak with them directly? I selected the 9/11 interview date earlier today but I never got a confirmation email and also I didnt get the VITA invitation email?

I did talk to them directly. I also was able to schedule my interview yesterday but I haven't received the confirmation, nor did I receive the VITA request. My interview is for Aug 24th so I hope to receive the VITA request soon.

I received an II yesterday, but have been unable to upload a picture. Website just will not accept my uploaded document. Same thing still going on this morning. Someone noted above the website may be down until sometime today, I just wondered if anyone else has encountered this problem?

Did you try another browser if you can't upload a picture? I could upload a picture but not see the calendar.
 
I received an II yesterday, but have been unable to upload a picture. Website just will not accept my uploaded document. Same thing still going on this morning. Someone noted above the website may be down until sometime today, I just wondered if anyone else has encountered this problem?
i had this problem and was able to upload it after making my photo significantly smaller in file size, good luck
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just out of curiosity, did any of the people who got II's check "no" for the Spanish competency? Curious what my chances are without that...
 
Question about interview formats. Does anyone know if the two interviews still consist of both traditional and MMI questions as seen in previous years? And if so, how does MMI work virtually?
 
Has anyone called the admissions office about the interview confirmations yet? I received an II on 8/11 and scheduled an interview but have not received a confirmation email yet. Also, when I log back onto my admissions portal, I can't view the date that I selected anymore.
 
Has anyone called the admissions office about the interview confirmations yet? I received an II on 8/11 and scheduled an interview but have not received a confirmation email yet. Also, when I log back onto my admissions portal, I can't view the date that I selected anymore.
Just got an email from AAMC saying UCLA has requested my VITA. And when I log back into my UCLA page the interview page has updated with a message confirming the date!
 
Has anyone called the admissions office about the interview confirmations yet? I received an II on 8/11 and scheduled an interview but have not received a confirmation email yet. Also, when I log back onto my admissions portal, I can't view the date that I selected anymore.
I went back to my portal and the message under "Interview" changed to reflect the date I chose. Also got a VITA e-mail this morning, so I guess it is real!
 
Sorry if this has already been answered but does anyone know what the interview format is? MSAR says traditional one-on-one but for SDN Interview feedback A lot of people are talking about MMI... is it both? The interview manual doesn’t even disclose
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry if this has already been answered but does anyone know what the interview format is? MSAR says traditional one-on-one but for SDN Interview feedback A lot of people are talking about MMI... is it both? The interview manual doesn’t even disclose

That's why I was unsure and asked about this yesterday.. I think since UCLA is using VITA, which covers MMI-style questions (behavioral/situational), they will just do 2 traditional one-on-one interviews. I may be wrong though. It is odd that according to MSAR they are still doing MMI for PRIME-LA
 
For their 15-day secondary deadline, does anyone know if this includes having LORs in or just completing the supplemental essays? Unfortunately I'm still waiting on one last LOR...
 
I don't think so because from their secondary email: "You have FIFTEEN days (15) from the date and time of this email, in which to complete your application. We advise that you do not wait for your letters of recommendation to submit as this may cause you to miss your deadline. "