You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 UCLA (Geffen)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
eagledoc2025
Full Member
Do you know if they would like a full CV to be uploaded in portal? CV is one of the examples for documents one may upload.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1063986
not necessaryDo you know if they would like a full CV to be uploaded in portal? CV is one of the examples for documents one may upload.
D
deleted1055354
If you do add a cv are you making it traditional or will it have non work related items like leadership or extra-curricular activities?Do you know if they would like a full CV to be uploaded in portal? CV is one of the examples for documents one may upload.
D
deleted1063986
I would try to avoid being redundant and not include items that are elsewhere in your application.If you do add a cv are you making it traditional or will it have non work related items like leadership or extra-curricular activities?
Hi guys, for MSTP, UCLA secondary has a 4000 character section for each of your research experiences and it asks you describe your role in the research. Are we supposed to go in-depth, like copy paste the significant research essay for each experience or is it more of a simple description like they said on the application: "Role in Lab (e.g. paid/volunteer research position. Please include the total number of hours for each project after each description)." Anyone know if we are supposed to go in-depth? Thanks!
Hello! Where I had room, I went more in depth to talk about what I learned, etc. Otherwise, I just stuck to a straightforward description.Hi guys, for MSTP, UCLA secondary has a 4000 character section for each of your research experiences and it asks you describe your role in the research. Are we supposed to go in-depth, like copy paste the significant research essay for each experience or is it more of a simple description like they said on the application: "Role in Lab (e.g. paid/volunteer research position. Please include the total number of hours for each project after each description)." Anyone know if we are supposed to go in-depth? Thanks!
mrmystery112358
Full Member
Testing a theory:
Did anyone get a secondary while they have a "not received" letter waiting in AMCAS?
Did anyone get a secondary while they have a "not received" letter waiting in AMCAS?
D
deleted1039724
Testing a theory:
Did anyone get a secondary while they have a "not received" letter waiting in AMCAS?
my committee letter still isn’t in and i got a secondary 7/21 (verified in june)
300 characters is brutally short
me, with an IA. emailed them and got a very unhelpful response but they basically said there's still a chance to receive a secondaryis anyone else still waiting on a secondary? I'm losing hope 🙁
is anyone else still waiting on a secondary? I'm losing hope 🙁
I am. Also losing hope. And confused. Very confused.
Sorry if this has been asked before, but my portal says that my letter requirement has been met and my application is complete, but when I go to check the Document Status tab none of the letters show up there, has that happened for anyone else?
Yes this is normal! My Documents tab was empty during the entire cycle.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premed_777
Full Member
Does anyone know if UCLA screens secondaries for this year? Does it mean nothing if you receive secondaries?
premed_777
Full Member
I feel the same way! But there is one section where they ask for 4000 characters. Is that an error since 4000 seems like almost a personal statement and compared to other prompts it seems really high.is it just me or does 300-800 characters seem very minimal to the type of questions they ask haha...
Does anyone know if UCLA screens secondaries for this year? Does it mean nothing if you receive secondaries?
n=1 but I added them to my school list on Sunday night and got the secondary on Monday at like 5am so I'm guessing no at least for some people
eagledoc2025
Full Member
This is always confusing, but did yall include future hours in "hours worked" for paid work experiences. I put end date as the future end date (2021), but not sure about hours. Any answer from admission office?
D
deleted1064759
I just put the past tense so the hours I actually worked, not future.This is always confusing, but did yall include future hours in "hours worked" for paid work experiences. I put end date as the future end date (2021), but not sure about hours. Any answer from admission office?
N=1 but I did include my future expected hours for the job I am currently working atThis is always confusing, but did yall include future hours in "hours worked" for paid work experiences. I put end date as the future end date (2021), but not sure about hours. Any answer from admission office?
D
deleted1039724
This is always confusing, but did yall include future hours in "hours worked" for paid work experiences. I put end date as the future end date (2021), but not sure about hours. Any answer from admission office?
i just put the hours i had actually worked, but mentioned anticipated hours within the description
R
Removed 982794
I'm wondering the same thingDoes anyone know if UCLA screens secondaries for this year? Does it mean nothing if you receive secondaries?
Testing a theory:
Did anyone get a secondary while they have a "not received" letter waiting in AMCAS?
I received a secondary about three weeks ago when my letter packet was not sent to the AMCAS.
It seems like people are getting secondaries at a different pace. I think they still screen but not sure it's really "holistic." Maybe based on GPA and MCAT?Does anyone know if UCLA screens secondaries for this year? Does it mean nothing if you receive secondaries?
It seems like people are getting secondaries at a different pace. I think they still screen but not sure it's really "holistic." Maybe based on GPA and MCAT?
Not for all applicants, at least. I was transmitted 10 July and have a 3.96 cGPA (3.94 sGPA) and 524 MCAT composite. I’ve still not received a secondary, unfortunately. No institutional actions or anything else that stands out to me as a reason for a screen-out at this stage.
lopsidedegg
Full Member
Help! Asking for a friend who missed the deadline! Can they still submit?
D
deleted1038508
I think I've heard of someone submitting after the deadline and it was fineHelp! Asking for a friend who missed the deadline! Can they still submit?
elrm257
Full Member
I was in a UCLA office hour today and they said it depends on your reader's pace and not based on stats....idk how true that is but they asked to be patient for nowNot for all applicants, at least. I was transmitted 10 July and have a 3.96 cGPA (3.94 sGPA) and 524 MCAT composite. I’ve still not received a secondary, unfortunately. No institutional actions or anything else that stands out to me as a reason for a screen-out at this stage.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was in a UCLA office hour today and they said it depends on your reader's pace and not based on stats....idk how true that is but they asked to be patient for now
Yep, I called the admissions office last week and spoke with a very friendly representative who told me the same. I'm doing my best to be patient 🙂
R
Removed 982794
I still have not sent my letters and I received a secondaryI received a secondary about three weeks ago when my letter packet was not sent to the AMCAS.
R
Removed 982794
Are you out of state?Not for all applicants, at least. I was transmitted 10 July and have a 3.96 cGPA (3.94 sGPA) and 524 MCAT composite. I’ve still not received a secondary, unfortunately. No institutional actions or anything else that stands out to me as a reason for a screen-out at this stage.
Are you out of state?
I am -- from Texas.
R
Removed 982794
I am -- from Texas.
maybe for instate it’s automatic? I received mine the morning after I sent in my app. I don’t know how a person could have read it. I want to get my hopes up that getting this secondary means something but I’m not so sure
elrm257
Full Member
stats ? OOS?oh if anyone wants to know I got verified on 8/3 and got my secondary on 8/4
yes OOS, NYC. cGPA 3.95, sGPA 3.9, 514stats ? OOS?
maybe for instate it’s automatic? I received mine the morning after I sent in my app. I don’t know how a person could have read it. I want to get my hopes up that getting this secondary means something but I’m not so sure
Likely that different screeners have different things they're looking for and/or proceed at different paces. Not sure, and it's probably not too useful to speculate.
I believe it's personal debt, like credit card debt or auto loans.uh what does "Estimate your consumer debt at graduation from college" mean???
sammyboy123
Full Member
Looks like the first iis are going out right now
D
deleted1039724
Looks like the first iis are going out right now
where do you see that?
sammyboy123
Full Member
where do you see that?
mitochondriapowercell
Full Member
can anyone confirm IIs?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought they were screening for 512 and above, looks like that is not totally true.
THANK YOU!I believe it's personal debt, like credit card debt or auto loans.
D
deleted1055354
They seem to have higher standards for OOS applicants 🙁I thought they were screening for 512 and above, looks like that is not totally true.
Maybe they've only started giving IIs to IS applicants for whatever reason?