2020-2021 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
What's the lowest MCAT anyone here got who actually received an II or acceptance with, or both?

Reactions: 4 users
Earlier this month our dean informed us that it was announced the Harold Alfond Foundation has made a large investment in several Maine Universities and UNE will be receiving a grant to relocate and rebuild our medical school in Portland, ME. It will be brand new and state-of-the-art, there is no timeline on this though (public news, btw).

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Earlier this month our dean informed us that it was announced the Harold Alfond Foundation has made a large investment in several Maine Universities and UNE will be receiving a grant to relocate and rebuild our medical school in Portland, ME. It will be brand new and state-of-the-art, there is no timeline on this though (public news, btw).
I found the link to the article on their website. Looks like it's supposed to start around 2022 and complete in 2023 hopefully.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Really, no responses? Hah.

I don't have an II so can't speak personally. I recommend going through last year's thread to see if anyone posted their stats in relation to IIs and acceptances. The UNECOM website says their cut-off is a 490, though their accepted class has an average "well above" this figure. They don't list specifics. I know they have regional bias, though I don't know how stringent they are in this regard.

Reactions: 1 users
Complete 8/11/20 and nothing here.

Just in case anyone wants to wallow with me in misery

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel this :( complete in early July and haven't heard anything yet - p bummed bc coming from Boston, UNECOM has definitely been one of my top choices, and all of the admissions/students I've talked to have been so positive about the school

You are not alone!!

• Care
on the zoom session last week they said something about interviews starting this week, maybe that means IIs will go out

Reactions: 1 user
on the zoom session last week they said something about interviews starting this week, maybe that means IIs will go out

First day of interviews was yesterday! It seems they are sending them out in smaller batches. There were about 25 people interviewed yesterday and about the same are scheduled for tomorrow.

Reactions: 6 users
Do you think it is too early to send a letter of interest or do you think you have to wait until they are accepting updates in January?

Last edited:
Do you think it is to early to send a letter of interest or do you think you have to wait until they are accepting updates in January?
They just started sending out interview invites. It will probably continue until March or April. No need to panic yet.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi everybody! Sorry if this question has been answered—I looked through some of the tread but not all. Am I correct: The fee you pay on AACOMAS when you submit your application to UNECOM is not the secondary application fee?

Hi everybody! Sorry if this question has been answered—I looked through some of the tread but not all. Am I correct: The fee you pay on AACOMAS when you submit your application to UNECOM is not the secondary application fee?
Yes correct.

To add on to RalphwalDOemerson's response, they'll send you another link to pay the secondary fee, eventually. I think most people on here got it like 3 weeks after submitting the primary. And they're rejecting people pre-secondary, so if you don't hear back with the link "quickly," don't worry -no news is good news from them.

To add on to RalphwalDOemerson's response, they'll send you another link to pay the secondary fee, eventually. I think most people on here got it like 3 weeks after submitting the primary. And they're rejecting people pre-secondary, so if you don't hear back with the link "quickly," don't worry -no news is good news from them.
Thank you! I appreciate it!!

That one secondary question that I submitted at 2:00am for this school is haunting me lol

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone interview here yet? What is the format of the interview??

Yep. Mine was very chill and conversational. You get an opportunity to talk with current students before and after the interview as well
Do you mind sharing what kind of questions were asked? Anything ethical, or more about our application

*sees more II’s* *excitedly checks email* *empty inbox* *tears*

In all seriousness though congrats to all the recipients!! Hope you get that A!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Do you mind sharing what kind of questions were asked? Anything ethical, or more about our application
I feel like I didn’t even get asked that many questions because it was so conversational there was some about my application, why DO, a social justice question, learning style question

Does anyone know the interview to acceptance ratio for this school?

II at 13:01 CST today! Complete August 11th, OOS, 507 MCAT, 3.53 GPA. 4000+ Patient Contact Hours, 3000+ Research Hours! Super excited this school is at the top of my list!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
The email I received said the interview day is scheduled from 12:30-4:30 does anyone know what the schedule is like? They only give details regarding your specific time

II just now :) So excited. OOS but in New England and complete 07Aug2020. II for middle of November.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users