2020-2021 Utah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To my knowledge (and I could be wrong) but unless you are OOS or ED no secondaries have been sent out

I recieved mine a few days ago, same time as my residency application. I wouldnt worry too much, though, I get the impression they are still trying to work out all the kinks with the portal stuff.

OOS secondary received and submit just now. I have only loose ties to the area but shooting my shot anyway lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Any Idaho applicants out there with secondaries?

Got the residency application, but not the secondary yet. Hopefully, I get that one soon. I am almost done writing all my secondaries and am anxious to complete this one as it will likely be the last. I am exhausted after about 25 secondaries, lol

Reactions: 1 user
Mine is the same way, after submitting it I can still edit it. Seems like an error on their part.
Mine is doing the same thing. Did you have to call them to fix it to did the issue resolve itself after a few days?

Mine is doing the same thing. Did you have to call them to fix it to did the issue resolve itself after a few days?

It never resolved, I can still go in and edit it, but I did receive confirmation that my secondary materials were complete and submitted.

IS, reapplicant, received the residency app and submitted it a week ago. Still waiting to be verified and get the secondary.

Does anyone know why they haven't sent out all the secondaries? I definitely meet their minimum GPA and MCAT screening requirements. I'm an IS applicant and I mean it's already September... should I email their admissions office and ask if there is a mistake or just keep waiting?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know why they haven't sent out all the secondaries? I definitely meet their minimum GPA and MCAT screening requirements. I'm an IS applicant and I mean it's already September... should I email their admissions office and ask if there is a mistake or just keep waiting?
I spoke with admissions last week concerning issues w/ my residency app (it's a whole thing & I had tech issues last year as well), and they said that IT is having some technical difficulties relating to the residency application since it's new this cycle. I'm not sure if this is holding up secondaries as well since they said you would receive a residency application first. I received my residency app 2 weeks after my secondary soooo idk. Submitted the residency app Aug 13th & still haven't received a confirmation similar to the one previously described in the thread.
She also mentioned during our convo last week that I should receive an update on my application "beginning of next week" (this week), but nothing yet. I'm IS/EDP. If any EDPs out there have seen some movement, give a shout.

Last edited:
WY applicant (and graduate of a Utah university) got the residency verification form today. Hopefully I'll get that secondary soon, it's my last one!

Received my residency verification today as well. IS.

II!! IS/EDP. Submitted secondary 7/31.

Interview dates are 8/11, 8/14, & 8/18

Reactions: 1 users
II!!! Long time lurker, not often poster. IS/EDP, submitted secondary 7/31.

Reactions: 2 users
IS, EDP, got II today. The instructions for the online assessment day are about the most convoluted thing I've ever read. I can see technical difficulties being a real issue.

IS, EDP, got II today. The instructions for the online assessment day are about the most convoluted thing I've ever read. I can see technical difficulties being a real issue.
Still an MMI this year? Are they using Zoom or VITA?

Still an MMI this year? Are they using Zoom or VITA?

Yes, still MMI. Looks like it'll be a nightmare of breakout rooms on Zoom. They are recommending dual monitors...

It seems like they are keeping all the evaluation methods from previous years (SVI, MMI, SJT), it's just all virtual now.

Yes, still MMI. Looks like it'll be a nightmare of breakout rooms on Zoom. They are recommending dual monitors...

It seems like they are keeping all the evaluation methods from previous years (SVI, MMI, SJT), it's just all virtual now.

The main confusion I see right now is that we're instructed to complete the SVI 10 days prior to Assessment Day, butttt if you choose September 11 for your Assessment Day that means you needed to do the SVI.... yesterday.

I don't have dual monitors so we'll see how this goes lol

Not gonna lie, sounds very Utah-esque. How could you possibly recommend dual monitors?

The main confusion I see right now is that we're instructed to complete the SVI 10 days prior to Assessment Day, butttt if you choose September 11 for your Assessment Day that means you needed to do the SVI.... yesterday.

I don't have dual monitors so we'll see how this goes lol

I emailed them asking about the SVI, and they told me as long as you do it before your assessment day, you're golden! Which is a relief.

how are you guys putting end dates and hours for this school? if it is a role you are still doing it, do you just put hours and dates up until the day of submission?

I emailed them asking about the SVI, and they told me as long as you do it before your assessment day, you're golden! Which is a relief.

Do you know if that's the case for all dates or just September 11th?

I got an invite to the portal but there’s no secondary questions on there..will they just automatically show up when my residency app is reviewed?

Has anyone who is not an ED applicant received a II?

I got an invite to the portal but there’s no secondary questions on there..will they just automatically show up when my residency app is reviewed?
That's where I am at. Residency application a week ago, still no secondary.

For those that did secondaries, did you write new activity descriptions? Or can you reuse the AMCAS descriptions?

For those that did secondaries, did you write new activity descriptions? Or can you reuse the AMCAS descriptions?
If I remember correctly, the secondary said that they will be referencing what you put into the secondary and not necessarily what's on the primary application for interview screening and whatnot. With that in mind, I totally think it's alright to restate what you put on the primary, but the character limit is much shorter (300 characters, including any title you want to give it), so you won't be able to straight up copy paste, even if you wanted to.

How fast does admissions usually respond to y'all? I received two different Assessment Day Reminder emails (one for 9/14 and one for 9/11) so I really hope they respond soon

How fast does admissions usually respond to y'all? I received two different Assessment Day Reminder emails (one for 9/14 and one for 9/11) so I really hope they respond soon

Usually it takes them about a day I would say. I would just go on the date you actually booked.

Non-ED II just now! IS URM. LM 65. Scheduled for Sept. 18.

Reactions: 2 users
Well, I still haven't received a secondary and filled out the residency application on 8/29 (was due 9/4). Never got confirmation for the residency app, and haven't heard anything since. I emailed admissions about being able to go back in and edit the app still, but never heard back other than an automatic reply. Now I can't log back into that residency portal at all... really hoping that doesn't mean it never went through and now Im not able to apply / wont get a secondary. Freaking out a bit lol.

Well, I still haven't received a secondary and filled out the residency application on 8/29 (was due 9/4). Never got confirmation for the residency app, and haven't heard anything since. I emailed admissions about being able to go back in and edit the app still, but never heard back other than an automatic reply. Now I can't log back into that residency portal at all... really hoping that doesn't mean it never went through and now Im not able to apply / wont get a secondary. Freaking out a bit lol.

Give them a call! I called about my issue yesterday although I didn't think anyone would answer, and someone did.

I don’t think you’re the only one! I submitted my residency app on 8/28 and haven’t heard a thing since...hopefully we get a secondary soon.

Hello! For the MMI, it says we have 6 minutes to talk about our answer. Does this mean us talking straight for 6 minutes or do we pause after our answer and let the evaluator ask questions or have it be more like a conversation?

Hello! For the MMI, it says we have 6 minutes to talk about our answer. Does this mean us talking straight for 6 minutes or do we pause after our answer and let the evaluator ask questions or have it be more like a conversation?
It becomes conversational. You say what you would like to answer the prompt but the evaluator usually has a few questions to follow up with.

So are there still some people who filled out the secondary app weeks ago and still have no secondary? Considering the fact that other non-ED applicants with similar stats to mine are interviewing this Friday, it concerns me that I still have no secondary. Is calling the admissions office a terrible idea?
I still don't have mine either. It's been two weeks since I've submitted my residency form.

Reactions: 3 users
For Idaho applicants, how long after getting residency certification did it take UU to update your status in the secondary?