2020-2021 Utah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I did not receive any email after submitting my secondary. My status on the portal says "Submitted - Pending Review." Is that the same case with you?

Yes that's the same case! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
@anyone who can answer this: How long was your secondary status on the portal "pending review" before an update"

Members don't see this ad :)
did your status go from pending review to review complete? or straight up to a II?

It went from pending review to "completed." Then a few days later I got an II. I don't see how everything is related though. I'm a reapplicant and last year it went from "pending review" to "completed" (along with a completion email) literally the same day I submitted my secondary, then I got an II about a month and a half later. So they don't seem to be related, so I wouldn't stress about it :)

I'm an in state applicant, submitted my residency app 3 weeks ago and still no secondary... anyone else still waiting for a secondary?

Reactions: 2 users
I'm an in state applicant, submitted my residency app 3 weeks ago and still no secondary... anyone else still waiting for a secondary?
Get in line, buddy!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm a WICHE applicant, and I completed my secondary while still waiting for residency verification. The language in the secondary makes it seem like you need to wait to get verification so I was waiting, waiting, waiting, and was finally coming up on my deadline to submit, so I e-mailed them, and they said go ahead an submit and then send residency verification once it's processed. Just throwing it out there in case anyone else is confused on that detail as well. Still haven't heard anything else back though....

I'm a WICHE applicant, and I completed my secondary while still waiting for residency verification. The language in the secondary makes it seem like you need to wait to get verification so I was waiting, waiting, waiting, and was finally coming up on my deadline to submit, so I e-mailed them, and they said go ahead an submit and then send residency verification once it's processed. Just throwing it out there in case anyone else is confused on that detail as well. Still haven't heard anything else back though....
So you had access to the secondary before your residency app was approved?

In answer to this, and hopefully to add a bit of additional insight, I was asked to send in my WICHE certification as part of the secondary, but it was not a prerequisite to receiving or submitting said secondary. Furthermore, though I have been verified through my state certification office, the secondary still says "incomplete" in that section (and I have an upcoming interview at Utah). I had been in contact with Utah regarding the certification before submitting my secondary, and I followed up with them this week. They told me that, though the secondary may not update to reflect that my certification component is "complete," I was good to go. Obviously I would check directly with them for your individual case though. Hope this helps.

In answer to this, and hopefully to add a bit of additional insight, I was asked to send in my WICHE certification as part of the secondary, but it was not a prerequisite to receiving or submitting said secondary. Furthermore, though I have been verified through my state certification office, the secondary still says "incomplete" in that section (and I have an upcoming interview at Utah). I had been in contact with Utah regarding the certification before submitting my secondary, and I followed up with them this week. They told me that, though the secondary may not update to reflect that my certification component is "complete," I was good to go. Obviously I would check directly with them for your individual case though. Hope this helps.

tor_n gives a good explanation, sorry for my lack of clarity! I did have access to the secondary before verification. I realize this process is different for Idaho folks, but Montana and Wyoming WICHE applicants may be able to apply, and progress through the cycle with a pending residency verification. Just didn't want anyone to fall into the same trap I did of thinking we had to wait to respond :) maybe that was more linked to my own secondary fatigue and lack of reading though. And also @tor_n CONGRATS on an interview!!

Members don't see this ad :)
tor_n gives a good explanation, sorry for my lack of clarity! I did have access to the secondary before verification. I realize this process is different for Idaho folks, but Montana and Wyoming WICHE applicants may be able to apply, and progress through the cycle with a pending residency verification. Just didn't want anyone to fall into the same trap I did of thinking we had to wait to respond :) maybe that was more linked to my own secondary fatigue and lack of reading though. And also @tor_n CONGRATS on an interview!!
Okay, thank you for the response! I think it is different for me as an in state resident then.

I got an email yesterday saying I was going to get another email with my secondary login information but the second email never came. Has anyone else had this?

I got an email yesterday saying I was going to get another email with my secondary login information but the second email never came. Has anyone else had this?
I went on the portal for the utah residency application and it had a new section for the secondary

I went on the portal for the utah residency application and it had a new section for the secondary
Ah, I didn't realize that was the secondary portal as well. Thanks!

Did anyone receive a complete email after submission? I sent my secondary a few weeks ago and never got an email. Is that normal?

Received my residency app on 9/21, submitted it immediately and received the secondary invitation email 3 hours later -though it didn't show up in the portal until the next day. Submitted secondary app on 9/24.

Did anyone receive a complete email after submission? I sent my secondary a few weeks ago and never got an email. Is that normal?

I was worried about the same thing since I had gotten a complete email immediately after I submitted my secondary last year when I applied. So I emailed them about it and they said not to worry about it and that my application was complete and being reviewed, even though my status just said submitted and pending review. I did end up getting a complete email like 4 weeks after I submitted my secondary though, but my guess is that doesn't mean anything different. So I wouldn't worry about it :)

Hey everyone, long time lurker but this is my first post. I submitted my secondary about a month ago and my deadline is this Sunday 9/27. My status is still "Submitted Pending Review" and my LORs have not been processed by the admissions office (I listed four individual letters to be pulled from my committee letter as instructed). The "it is your responsibility to ensure LORs are processed before the deadline" statement makes me worried that my application may not be considered, but I have no control over processing them.

The office is only open M-F so I am assuming today is the last day my letters can be processed. I emailed them 2 days ago and called and left a message today. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.

Am I correct in understanding that they will download the letters from my committee packet or do I need to upload the individual letters to AMCAS? The wording sounded like they would download them from the packet. Anyone else with a committee packet have any insight?

Update: They emailed me back an hour before their office closed today! I am so relieved. They accepted and processed my committee packet letters. They said that everything is running behind, but they were very nice about my request. Hope this is helpful to anyone else having the same issue with their LORs not processing.

Edit: I realize my previous wording was confusing (sorry, was panicked after spending all day trying to fix this issue). To clarify, my first email never got a response. Calling sent me to voicemail, so I emailed again as a last resort and got a quick response and solution to my issue.

Last edited:
Update: They emailed me back an hour before their office closed today! I am so relieved. They did accept my letter packet letters and I just had to email a second time. They said that everything is running behind, but they were very nice about my request. Hope this is helpful to anyone else having the same issue.

Hey I sent in a letter packet too! Did they tell you to do anything to facilitate the letter processing? Thanks!

Update: They emailed me back an hour before their office closed today! I am so relieved. They did accept my letter packet letters and I just had to email a second time. They said that everything is running behind, but they were very nice about my request. Hope this is helpful to anyone else having the same issue.
So we NEED to email for the letters? I thought we only had to put the letter writer's names on their secondary portal.

Hey ED applicants--when do you think we're gonna find out lol

So we NEED to email for the letters? I thought we only had to put the letter writer's names on their secondary portal.
Sorry if my wording was confusing, I was pretty panicked all day yesterday lol.

I only emailed because my LORs had not processed and my deadline was coming up. I emailed to ask them if there was a problem and they said they were just running behind. They processed them for me yesterday. I would say email if you are having an issue/if they have not processed and your deadline is getting close.

But generally, sounds like just writing the names from a letter packet is totally fine! :)

Hey I sent in a letter packet too! Did they tell you to do anything to facilitate the letter processing? Thanks!
Actually, they said I had done everything right. I just listed the names of my letter writers and they pulled them from my committee packet. They were just running behind (understandably) so I contacted them to ensure they were processed before my deadline. :)

I received an II earlier this week. I am OOS

Hey ED applicants--when do you think we're gonna find out lol

I keep trying to tell myself Oct 1 so I don't get too nervous before that hasn't stopped my heart from beating out of my chest every time my phone makes a sound XD

I keep trying to tell myself Oct 1 so I don't get too nervous before that hasn't stopped my heart from beating out of my chest every time my phone makes a sound XD

I have a doctor's appointment at the U this week and I'm not sure if they're going to call to remind me of anything... I'm high key afraid I'm going to get a call from a university cell phone number, freak out, and answer it just to be told by a robot I have a doctor's appointment

I have a doctor's appointment at the U this week and I'm not sure if they're going to call to remind me of anything... I'm high key afraid I'm going to get a call from a university cell phone number, freak out, and answer it just to be told by a robot I have a doctor's appointment

Omg that's the worst. I've just been working nights but leaving my phone on loud the whole time I'm asleep during the day I'm excited for the day I can get a full day's sleep again!

does anyone know if the interviewers are blind to your application?

Yeah the interviewers are just kind of random employees and med students doing MMI stations. I'm pretty sure they have no idea about the rest of your app.

Omg that's the worst. I've just been working nights but leaving my phone on loud the whole time I'm asleep during the day I'm excited for the day I can get a full day's sleep again!
My phone rang this afternoon and I booked it across the lab like a madwoman for it to be... my husband... asking if I've heard anything yet. Ugh.

IS, EDP!!!! Just got the phone call!!!!! Good luck to everyone!!!

Finally got the call back... EDP applicant, going to be a doctor!!!

Reactions: 5 users