2021-2022 Case Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
surprised and grateful to get an ii despite submitting secondary well past the 2-week soft deadline! also curious about people's experiences attending IQ sessions if anyone is willing to share - such a cool idea to get a glimpse into student life honestly. i wish more schools offered something like that instead of just student panels that often feel a bit disingenuous.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know what day of the week decisions typically come out on?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear anything today? Ik in the past they've sent zoom links the day before

Anyone hear anything today? Ik in the past they've sent zoom links the day before
Nothing for me. I got the CWRU Med school newsletter a min ago and my heart skipped a beat, but nothing else. I wonder if they always do zoom

Just got a zoom invite for tomorrow. Do we know what this means? Interviewed 11/17

Just got the zoom invite link as well but won't be able to attend bc of a conflict 😩 they said no worries if we can't make it and they'll email us what was discussed so we'll see lmao

Just got the zoom invite link as well but won't be able to attend bc of a conflict 😩 they said no worries if we can't make it and they'll email us what was discussed so we'll see lmao

When did u interview? And is that for accepted students?

Members don't see this ad :)
@CWRU.Sman must just sit back w some popcorn at this time each month and watch the commotion go down as we try to decipher what these zoom links are hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
@CWRU.Sman must just sit back w some popcorn at this time each month and watch the commotion go down as we try to decipher what these zoom links are hahaha
Nick Offerman Popcorn GIF by NBC

Reactions: 1 users
I’m guessing that no zoom invite = something other than an acceptance. Does that sound right?

Yikes what time EST did the people who got a zoom link get their emails? I wonder what the difference between zoom links could be

Is there really a priority waitlist though? I feel like Case Western doesn’t have this, but I’m down for having my mind changed. Do you have evidence of this?
No evidence other than the fact that last year someone reported that's what happened on their Zoom call, someone earlier in this thread said that's what happened on a call their friend was on this cycle, and now @CWRU.Sman is confirming that all links for tomorrow are not the same.

Many people have already reported being placed on a regular WL without being invited to a Zoom call, and no one has reported being rejected post-II. We know people receiving As are invited to Zoom calls the day before, and other people are receiving a different invitation that also isn't a regular WL or R.

Just my speculation (plus what has been sporadically reported by others), but what else could it be? People on the calls apparently agree not to discuss what happens on the calls, so this, plus the tease put out by @CWRU.Sman, is what we have. Convinced? :cool:

No evidence other than the fact that last year someone reported that's what happened on their Zoom call, someone earlier in this thread said that's what happened on a call their friend was on this cycle, and now @CWRU.Sman is confirming that all links for tomorrow are not the same.

Many people have already reported being placed on a regular WL without being invited to a Zoom call, and no one has reported being rejected post-II. We know people receiving As are invited to Zoom calls the day before, and other people are receiving a different invitation that also isn't a regular WL or R.

Just my speculation (plus what has been sporadically reported by others), but what else could it be? People on the calls apparently agree not to discuss what happens on the calls, so this, plus the tease put out by @CWRU.Sman, is what we have. Convinced? :cool:
I have another theory… Consider this: why would a school invite people to a zoom call to tell them they’re waitlisted? this is disappointing news, priority WL or not. Seems a bit off that they would subject students to some sort of group shaming where they get to watch the disappointment on each other’s faces. It also begs the question of how ethically sound it would be to tell said students they are being invited to the zoom call for another reason, only to give them this bad news. Resembles the recent situation where better.com CEO laid off 1,400 employees on an exclusive zoom call they were invited to. I would think someone on the adcom would be like hmmm maybe this is cruel. However, if they try to downplay it and say it’s a meeting about a change in university policies, only to surprise everyone and say “congrats! you’re in” you won’t get much pushback on that. That’s a fine use of deception.

Furthermore, why hasn’t anyone rllllly spoken up about the zoom calls? There’s a lot of hush hush and enigma surrounding the calls. What group of students would be so willing to comply with a request to keep it on the DL? Certainly not embittered, waitlisted students. Perhaps students you just made very happy?

Which brings me to my final point: the reportings of said waitlists. Perhaps they did have that system and realized the awkwardness of having had such a system intact to give the bad news of a waitlist (again, most students are aiming for the A. We’re no underachievers here, right!?) Or, perhaps these reportings were simply smoke screens to help keep the integrity of this surprise intact.

Finally, and most importantly, perhaps I am completely wrong and will get a spinning back fist to the face tomorrow when I’m met with a waitlist placement that I thought was surely a myth. I will then realize why I am on the path to becoming a doctor, rather than a private investigator or detective. Regardless of the outcome, all I know for certain is that I am ashamed to have written such a long post on SDN that will undoubtedly be met with raised eyebrows and thoughts of “what is up with THIS guy?”.

Best of luck tomorrow.. acceptance, waitlist, or R, everyone here should be proud of how far we’ve made it. Of course, a resounding congratulations to those who recieve the former. Thanks for listening to my Ted talk.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I have another theory… Consider this: why would a school invite people to a zoom call to tell them they’re waitlisted? this is disappointing news, priority WL or not. Seems a bit off that they would subject students to some sort of group shaming where they get to watch the disappointment on each other’s faces. It also begs the question of how ethically sound it would be to tell said students they are being invited to the zoom call for another reason, only to give them this bad news. Resembles the recent situation where better.com CEO laid off 1,400 employees on an exclusive zoom call they were invited to. I would think someone on the adcom would be like hmmm maybe this is cruel. However, if they try to downplay it and say it’s a meeting about a change in university policies, only to surprise everyone and say “congrats! you’re in” you won’t get much pushback on that. That’s a fine use of deception.

Furthermore, why hasn’t anyone rllllly spoken up about the zoom calls? There’s a lot of hush hush and enigma surrounding the calls. What group of students would be so willing to comply with a request to keep it on the DL? Certainly not embittered, waitlisted students. Perhaps students you just made very happy?

Which brings me to my final point: the reportings of said waitlists. Perhaps they did have that system and realized the awkwardness of having had such a system intact to give the bad news of a waitlist (again, most students are aiming for the A. We’re no underachievers here, right!?) Or, perhaps these reportings were simply smoke screens to help keep the integrity of this surprise intact.

Finally, and most importantly, perhaps I am completely wrong and will get a spinning back fist to the face tomorrow when I’m met with a waitlist placement that I thought was surely a myth. I will then realize why I am on the path to becoming a doctor, rather than a private investigator or detective. Regardless of the outcome, all I know for certain is that I am ashamed to have written such a long post on SDN that will undoubtedly be met with raised eyebrows and thoughts of “what is up with THIS guy?”.

Best of luck tomorrow.. acceptance, waitlist, or R, everyone here should be proud of how far we’ve made it. Of course, a resounding congratulations to those who recieve the former. Thanks for listening to my Ted talk.
Yes. Most Zoom meetings = A. No question about that. Many happy people. The question was about what the other, different Zoom link is about.

If there is, in fact, a priority WL, that is certainly not terrible news, and having a Zoom call to explain to the lucky few finding themselves on it how they are special, ahead of the regular WL people, have an excellent chance of receiving an A, etc., would be exactly the reason why such a call would be made, rather than just telling them via e-mail that they are on the WL with everyone else. There would honestly be no reason for anyone on that call to be "embittered," or to risk their spot by breaching a non-disclosure agreement to prove a point to us.

In my mind, there would be no reason for @CWRU.Sman to go out of his way to let us know all Zoom links are not the same if they are, or to feed speculation that something is being communicated to some candidates through these meetings other than As, so I'm sticking with my theory. YMMV.

Just received II! Secondary submitted 7.23. The perfect Christmas Gift :)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Interview Invite right now yall.

Secondary submitted 9/14 but not Complete until 10/08 because of LORs.

Only dates available were in Mid to late january

Does this school accept pre-II updates? I didn't see anywhere to upload a letter on the portal.

Does this school accept pre-II updates? I didn't see anywhere to upload a letter on the portal.
No, Updates are only accepted if you have one of the following statuses: Invited for interview, On hold for future interview, Alternate list.

Source: UP FAQ section in the Secondary App portal.

@CWRU.Sman if we were complete early July and still have not heard back, does this mean our app was reviewed and put on hold for later review?

Pre-II R this morning, not what you want to see after a 16 hour overnight shift in the ED.
OOS, ORM, LM 74+, complete early August.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Pre-II R this morning, not what you want to see after a 16 hour overnight shift in the ED.
OOS, ORM, LM 74+, complete early August.

Damn dude that’s tough . Keep your head up man. Sending some good energy your way

Soo they said the committee is voting on the 10th and to expect decisions by the end of the month… anyone who’s been tracking Case A trends have any prediction for those of us who interviewed this past week?

II today! OOS, ORM, LM 78. Earliest dates available early Feb.

II about five days ago, OOS, complete 08/01, stats in signature. A pleasant surprise! Earliest dates were in 2 weeks.

• Love
II about five days ago, OOS, complete 08/01, stats in signature. A pleasant surprise! Earliest dates were in 2 weeks.
Complete since AUGUST?! Geez man, what a wait! Congrats!

• Love
Pre-II R complete late September.

Best wishes, everyone!

• Care
Hopping on the pre-II R train! Complete late August.

Best of luck to the rest of you!

Anyone complete late July or before and have heard nothing? Case is my top choice and I am really hoping for some good news soon!

Pre-II R gang, LM 77, completed beginning of October

Last edited: