You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Case Western
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What do you mean by longitudinally? Like throughout the year?
Yeah, Case's cadaver experience is limited to a (quite thorough) 2 week bootcamp, though there are advanced electives you can take throughout the year if you're interested. It's my opinion that it would be better if cadavers were used as you go through the body systems, but I know a lot of folks prefer the sterility of the hololens.
The HEC is a beautiful building with plenty of study space, so I usually study there. Otherwise I'll study at a nearby Starbucks, or one of my friends' homes.ALSO what are your top 5 study spots on or off campus???
lieseldiesel
Full Member
Pre-II R just now. Good luck to everyone!
Edit: Complete 8/1
Edit: Complete 8/1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
richi108202
New Member
Same. Complete 8/15Pre-II R just now. Good luck to everyone!
Edit: Complete 8/1
Stings a bit, it was one of the schools I was super excited for 🙁
Does anyone know if they are willing to provide feedback? I know they must be swamped with apps right now.
Same here. Complete 9/13, LizzyM ~78. I've been getting slammed with rejections this month, lol. Each one stings morePre-II R just now. Good luck to everyone!
Edit: Complete 8/1
Does anyone know if they provide feedback?
strawberriesandmcat
Full Member
Pre-II R- complete 7/15 LOL
April-Cancer
Full Member
Obviously not the end all be all but scrolling back the last reported here was 10/22 so only a week since the last oneWhen was the last time they sent out II?
Doesn't hurt to ask, but most schools have no time in the middle of the cycle, and most applicants have no real need until it is clear at the end of the cycle that they are going to be reapplicants.Same. Complete 8/15
Stings a bit, it was one of the schools I was super excited for 🙁
Does anyone know if they are willing to provide feedback? I know they must be swamped with apps right now.
supermelon
Full Member
II for the university program on 10/30 around 5 pm EST
Based on last year's thread, it would be the week before Thanksgiving! They decided to batch two admissions committee meeting decisions together tho, not sure if that will be the same this year.Does anyone know when the next round of decisions are coming out?
Do they accept pre II update letters?
They don't, their application complete email says so:Do they accept pre II update letters?
We understand that some applicants would like to submit updates to their applications. Given the depth of the AMCAS application, the responses that you shared with us in your secondary application, and other submitted materials, our Screening Committee has more than enough information to render a decision. We can only consider application updates from those who have been invited for an interview; the document upload feature will become available in your iApply portal if you are invited for an interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else getting post-bacc and masters emails from them? I haven't been rejected yet, but feel like this is not a good sign :/
Hey, I didn’t even apply to case western and I get those emails so I have a strong feeling that you’re still in the running for their application cycle.Anyone else getting post-bacc and masters emails from them? I haven't been rejected yet, but feel like this is not a good sign :/
Last edited:
I got my masters from there and still get the emails about their post-baccs, it is a list serv lol
Lol thanks guys. I feel better now
mdphd63627
Full Member
MSTP A received today!
D
deleted1103863
Pre-II R, complete mid-August! I kind of figured my research background wasn't strong enough for them, but thought it was worth a shot lol. Best of luck to everyone else!
D
deleted1074206
pre-II R, complete July, same as above poster - not the strongest research experience
Pre-II rejection. Complete 8/16 and 71 LM.
😉 but congrats on ur IIPre-II rejection. Complete 8/16 and 71 LM.
iamacake124
Full Member
II to UP about an hour ago! Complete on 7/23!
direct message me if you want more details!
direct message me if you want more details!
Last edited:
Giving me hope as someone complete around the same time 🥺II to UP about an hour ago! Complete on 7/23!
Do you guys know if they review apps in chronological order?
ChemistryisFON
Full Member
Well people that were completed in August/September were invited and someone the other day was completed in July. It's probably just a cycle thing where they review all applicants and rate them, then interview the 10/10. After interviewing them, then they will redo it and interview the 9/10, 8/10, etc. Who knows though?Do you guys know if they review apps in chronological order?
ItalianBoi
Full Member
Just received a zoom invite for tomorrow at noon, "to discuss a few updates at our school." I interviewed in early/mid October.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Just received a zoom invite for tomorrow at noon, "to discuss a few updates at our school." I interviewed in early/mid October.
+1 but mine is for 11...Just received a zoom invite for tomorrow at noon, "to discuss a few updates at our school." I interviewed in early/mid October.
ItalianBoi
Full Member
My bad, my invite also says 11. Idk why I thought noon.+1 but mine is for 11...
congratulations
+2+1 but mine is for 11...
wannabedoc7777
New Member
No email 🙁 A bit sad as it seems like this second round will be As based on last years thread. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Best of luck to y'all
D
deleted1075526
Alternate list just now. Interviewed last week. No zoom invite. Does anyone know when they start pulling people off the list?
Since the Commit to Enroll tool opens up on April 30th, a lot of the alt list movement will start after May 1st. It could happen before that date if people withdraw from their acceptance offers before then; however, the first SDN reported WL --> A for CWRU was on the Monday after April 30th!Does anyone know when they start pulling people off the list?
Not quite true. Last cycle, we accepted a group of applicants from our wait list group in March and the majority came off in early to mid-May. Most of the alternate list action really gets going at the decision day (May 2nd this cycle). We took about 40 people in May. The number that we accept from the wait list varies every year and it's always unpredictable how each year will go. Last year, we were a little more conservative with our acceptance offers because we didn't know how a completely virtual interview experience would impact decisions. We realize that being placed on the alternate list isn't the news you were hoping for, but it isn't always the worst place to be. Try and hang in there.Alternate list as well, definitely was expected because of my undergrad affiliation here but disappointed regardless also I've known people last year who got pulled off early like in the fall bust the vast majority were taken off the waitlist in June
+1my friend got an A from Case today!
Why did you expect alternate list because of undergrad affiliation? I would have thought that increased acceptance chances.Alternate list as well, definitely was expected because of my undergrad affiliation here but disappointed regardless also I've known people last year who got pulled off early like in the fall bust the vast majority were taken off the waitlist in June
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Happened to me too, it got updated on the day of my interview! If nothing shows up before your interviews should be occurring, just ask admissions.Hello! I have an interview on Monday and my iapply lists a faculty interviewer/interview time but nothing for the student interview. Did this happen to anyone else/does anyone know if this is cause for concern?
D
deleted1055155
Does CWRU do post interview R's or does it seem to just be A or WL?
Physicianeer7
Full Member
II today! Super hype
+1, very exciting! Dates are early-mid December if anyone is curiousII today! Super hype
When were you complete?+1, very exciting! Dates are early-mid December if anyone is curious