2021-2022 Case Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone complete late July or before and have heard nothing? Case is my top choice and I am really hoping for some good news soon!
Complete third week of July and nothing yet!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm out here dodging all these Pre-II R's but who knows for how much longer LOLOL :rofl: Beginning to feel the impending doom

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Just got the II! Are my chances pretty much slim since it's January and Case starts early in the cycle?

Just got the II! Are my chances pretty much slim since it's January and Case starts early in the cycle?
At my interview they made it clear that they accept the same percentage of applicants from each interview group. They told us that you have the same chance of getting an acceptance no matter when in the cycle you interview and you are not interviewing for waitlist spots.

Congrats on the II!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
At my interview they made it clear that they accept the same percentage of applicants from each interview group. They told us that you have the same chance of getting an acceptance no matter when in the cycle you interview and you are not interviewing for waitlist spots.

Congrats on the II!
Ok thank you so much!! :)

Congrats on the II!
This is so nice to hear as someone who received an II last week. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 users

Congrats on the II!
So excited to hear this as I also received an II recently!

OOS ORM (LGBT), 3.7X cGPA, 515-520 MCAT, 2 gap years

Members don't see this ad :)
II at 10am!! LM 75.8 Complete Late July. Dates available early Feb.

This school had been one of my top choices since the beginning, and with each day of the cycle passing, I was doubting if I would hear good news from them. So MORAL of the story. Just like Journey said in their song: "Don't stop believing!"

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
For those of us who were told our applications would be voted on on January 10th, does anyone wanna take a guess on the date that we will get our decision?

For those of us who were told our applications would be voted on on January 10th, does anyone wanna take a guess on the date that we will get our decision?
Often comes out on Friday, so you might get emails tonight for those who will be accepted. It is kinda getting late though…

Just received an II. Last open day for interviewing seems to be 2/10. LM 72, OOS

• Love
Does anyone know when the next round of decisions comes out? I remember hearing at my interview day that there would be a decision meeting on January 24th

I have a feeling zoom links will be sent out Thurs evening for interview dates beginning of Jan to now

• Hmm
'Tis the Thursday after Committee Meeting. Do we think there will be those zoom invites sent today? 🤞

• Hmm
On my interview day at the beginning of the month, they said 4-5 weeks, and either Tom or Dr. Mehta said something along the lines of "by the end of the month" if I'm not mistaken. End of the month is Jan 31 Monday, and links have been going out on Thursday, so logically seems like they should go out today? 🤷‍♀️

On my interview day at the beginning of the month, they said 4-5 weeks, and either Tom or Dr. Mehta said something along the lines of "by the end of the month" if I'm not mistaken. End of the month is Jan 31 Monday, and links have been going out on Thursday, so logically seems like they should go out today? 🤷‍♀️
At mine they said end of this one or start of the next, but fingers are crossed and gut feeling tells me you're right about today

Sorry guys - no updates this week. Everything is fine - just a matter of having a small team and an exceptionally busy week. We know that the waiting is no fun but we will get updates out, if all goes well, next week. Thanks for your patience.

Reactions: 8 users
Is anyone still waiting to hear back? Is Case Western done sending IIs or pre-II Rs?

Is anyone still waiting to hear back? Is Case Western done sending IIs or pre-II Rs?
still haven't heard anything from Case myself and was wondering the same thing

Reactions: 2 users
anxiously awaiting post-II updates - I absolutely adore the vibe at Case and their program

I've talked to so many people about this and all the people I know who got the zoom link got accepted. I've never heard mention of a high priority WL except for the one instance in last year's thread.

I've talked to so many people about this and all the people I know who got the zoom link got accepted. I've never heard mention of a high priority WL except for the one instance in last year's thread.
Friend had WL (not high priority) on Zoom link this year for CWRU.

Friend had WL (not high priority) on Zoom link this year for CWRU.
Right -- most people on WL do not receive Zoom links, so the speculation is that those who do have high priority, regardless of what the school is calling it! :)

Zoom links for accepted students only. Admin staff said that they try and keep us confused about the zoom links to make it more fun....

• Love
  • Haha
Got the Pre-II R yesterday (2.2.2022). Gl to the rest of y’all!

• Care
Zoom links for accepted students only. Admin staff said that they try and keep us confused about the zoom links to make it more fun....
Meaning that @userxpy's friend didn't get a Zoom link, wasn't on the WL, or something else, just for fun? :)

Meaning that @userxpy's friend didn't get a Zoom link, wasn't on the WL, or something else, just for fun? :)
Can only go based on what the admin staff told us at the zoom meeting. Also can definitely say that there's no way someone who was waitlisted could've been at the zoom meeting because they just announced to everyone that they're accepted. There are two meetings but admin said they were both for 2 batches of acceptances. Can't speak to what happened with this guys friend, but doesn't track w what admin communicated or has done in past.

• Love
They could also be trolling... how many data points do we have from Zoom link acceptances vs waitlists? It's obviously possible that this might be true but I also couldn't imagine giving people the news that they're on the waitlist on a zoom call. That's just cruel in my opinion.

They could also be trolling... how many data points do we have from Zoom link acceptances vs waitlists? It's obviously possible that this might be true but I also couldn't imagine giving people the news that they're on the waitlist on a zoom call. That's just cruel in my opinion.
Totally agree, and always allowed for the possibility of a troll.

The reason it has a thread of plausibility, however, is because if only some WL people are invited to a Zoom meeting, and if they are told they are at the very top of the list and are highly likely to be accepted, then it wouldn't be cruel, and would, in fact, serve to separate them from the unwashed masses on the unranked WL.

Yes, it would disingenuous and out of character for an admissions team that is as transparent and helpful as @CWRU.Sman's team has always been, but it wouldn't be the first time an admissions office said one thing and did another.