-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Case Western
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Damn so I guess that means R for me. I felt I made a mistake during one of the interviews. :/
My bad @Beatles08 haha, UP for mecan someone comment if you guys interviewed for cclcm or the university program plz lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TheIndianMamba
Full Member
Interviewed over a month ago and didn’t get an email, so I’m guessing it’s a R then?
LMAO thanks homie!! <3My bad @Beatles08 haha, UP for me
Dang pretty bummed. No email must not be a good sign right?
serotonin1
Full Member
+2 but I did see this in last year's thread?+1. No email
Attachments
I haven't even got an II yet but I am stressed for y'all
Time to go through fifty pages of old threads
That is great to see. What the heck is the point of the zoom then. Do they send it out to all post-IIs at different times throughout the year?+2 but I did see this in last year's thread?
sleepypremed22
Full Member
+1 for zoom invite earlier this evening…. and +1 for reading through all of last year’s case sdn
Is it better to get a post II R or not get an II? 🤔
Depends on the school tbh. There are some schools I expect to get rejected from, and am surprised to even receive an II. Meanwhile there are other schools I expect to get into. So the emotional impact of an R really changes depending on expectations.Is it better to get a post II R or not get an II? 🤔
I also got the invite to the zoom tomorrow. Based on last year's threads it definitely sounds like a waitlist. Why would they gather only some of us on zoom to accept us? Or maybe it's to tell us that something happened and decisions won't go out tomorrow? Either way I'm feeling pretty bummed. This was my top choice and I thought my interview was great.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1080469
That is great to see. What the heck is the point of the zoom then. Do they send it out to all post-IIs at different times throughout the year?
pretty sure many people who were accepted were also invited to a zoom meeting.I also got the invite to the zoom tomorrow. Based on last year's threads it definitely sounds like a waitlist. Why would they gather only some of us on zoom to accept us? Or maybe it's to tell us that something happened and decisions won't go out tomorrow? Either way I'm feeling pretty bummed. This was my top choice and I thought my interview was great.
Wow that is interesting. I wonder why some accepted people weren't invited though? Who knows at this point 🤣pretty sure many people who were accepted were also invited to a zoom meeting.
It appears some very strong applicants itt didn’t get an email. Think not getting one might be good too.
Coin toss
Coin toss
Yeah during their second decision wave last year a bunch of people with Zoom invites were accepted. I don't think there's any definitive way to read the tea leaves for this email/no email stuff.pretty sure many people who were accepted were also invited to a zoom meeting.
are all the zoom invites for 12-12:15? I realize that we can't read the tea leaves here, but I was wondering if there were different cohorts...
*Looks like* the zoom invite went to WL'd applicants the FIRST time decisions came out, and then after that the zoom invites only went to A'd applicants... could've missed a few data points but nonetheless congrats to everyone who gets accepted tomorrow... send prayers/good vibes for the rest of us please :')
I agree, I just finished going through everything myself. There were very few data points on the first round, but I'm guessing that the one person who mentioned that everyone who went to the zoom meeting got waitlisted was a troll. There are a lot more data points on the second round and pretty much everyone who posted that they didn't get an email was waitlisted and everyone who did get the email was accepted.*Looks like* the zoom invite went to WL'd applicants the FIRST time decisions came out, and then after that the zoom invites only went to A'd applicants... could've missed a few data points but nonetheless congrats to everyone who gets accepted tomorrow... send prayers/good vibes for the rest of us please :')
I believe the zoom meeting was a formal congratulations on getting accepted and those who attended were told not to disclose what happened during the meeting. This is only my speculation though so take it with a grain of salt. I was one of the people who didn't get an email so I guess I'll find out tomorrow!
Yes I think that logically speaking it would be a bit strange to invite everybody to a zoom to say they’re waitlisted. This makes much more senseI agree, I just finished going through everything myself. There were very few data points on the first round, but I'm guessing that the one person who mentioned that everyone who went to the zoom meeting got waitlisted was a troll. There are a lot more data points on the second round and pretty much everyone who posted that they didn't get an email was waitlisted and everyone who did get the email was accepted.
I believe the zoom meeting was a formal congratulations on getting accepted and those who attended were told not to disclose what happened during the meeting. This is only my speculation though so take it with a grain of salt. I was one of the people who didn't get an email so I guess I'll find out tomorrow!
This thread is a rollercoaster of emotion haha. One moment I'm thinking I'm getting A, the next R, the next WL, and so on...
are_u_not_entertained
Full Member
Interviewed last wk, received email for 12 ET zoom tomorrow, cohort was told we’d hear back 10/15for those who did receive an email today, when did you interview/did they tell you that you would hear back oct 15? i vaguely remember being told that i'd hear back in late oct
are_u_not_entertained
Full Member
Best believe we’re gonna enter that call with our chins up though, kings & queensFor real though. Tomorrow could still be the MOST awkward Zoom call of our lives.😂😂
Yea as someone without an email, I can't possibly see how they will do anything but accept you tomorrow...
Yea, this would be the strangest waitlist or rejection announcement otherwise.Yea as someone without an email, I can't possibly see how they will do anything but accept you tomorrow...
Then again, some schools do strange.
On decisions day at temple, I received an email saying "CONGRAGULATIONS, you have been placed on the waitlist"
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Email.@CWRU.Sman Oh I see. Is it possible for you to say if you email or call for releasing decisions?
gigi4567
Full Member
Great! Also, can you comment about the zoom meeting link sent for an update session? Does it correlate in any way with the admission decision? We will all greatly appreciate it after a sleepless night!Email.
I would have loved to see your reaction as you read the recent comments on this thread hahahaEmail.
Just got email for alternate list. They say the list grabs traction after May 1st. Was hoping for an A, but still hoping for the best.
Last edited:
Just got email for alternate list. They say the list grabs traction after May 1st. Was hoping for an A, but still hoping for the best.
Same! Was also of course hoping for an A, felt decent about the interview. Looks like we’re in for the long waiting game now.
.Just got email for alternate list. They say the list grabs traction after May 1st. Was hoping for an A, but still hoping for the best.
Last edited:
Jsjnduendn
Full Member
Also got alternate. Who knows what goes into these decisions. My faculty interview went well, but my student interviewer didn't seem to care about the conversation. All part of the process so keep your heads up.
Did anyone get rejected? Looking back at past threads, it seems that applicants either get placed on an alt list or get accepted. I didn't really see anyone get flat out rejected post-interview.
acefire21
Full Member
They say they don’t rank the waitlist, so idk what the zoom meeting is supposed to be for+1 for waitlist with no Zoom invite. Hopefully someone who went into a Zoom meeting can update on what that was like. I wonder if Zoom invitees are those high up on the waitlist as suggested in previous comments/threads? Disheartening if so. I can't imagine another factor they would use to differentiate between waitlisted students who do and don't get a zoom invite...
Acceptances most likely. Why would they have somebody on zoom to reject them.They say they don’t rank the waitlist, so idk what the zoom meeting is supposed to be for
acefire21
Full Member
Yeah that would be quite cruel otherwise lolAcceptances most likely. Why would they have somebody on zoom to reject them.
Yea seems like they were accepted and maybe asked not to mention anything. There would be a post by now.Acceptances most likely. Why would they have somebody on zoom to reject them.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 for alt list, definitely stung as I thought both interviews were really lovelyWas anticipating the alt list email after seeing the discussion on here yesterday, but man it still hurt 🙁