You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Case Western
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
aliceinscienceland
Full Member
OOS II received for Cleveland Clinic! I could NOT be more excited. LM 73.30, complete 7/23, OOS no ties.
The invite went to my junk folder instead of my inbox, so everyone make sure to check your spam.
If you haven't heard anything yet, try to hang in there. Good luck!
The invite went to my junk folder instead of my inbox, so everyone make sure to check your spam.
If you haven't heard anything yet, try to hang in there. Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I ended up doing my Case app late (4 weeks instead of 2 weeks). I know Case strongly recommend submitting within 2 weeks, but unlike other schools they don't mention that submitting increases your priority internally (beyond the general first come first serve). Does anyone know if your application is flagged or anything if you're later?
It's not. Go back earlier in the thread where @CWRU.Sman confirms this.I ended up doing my Case app late (4 weeks instead of 2 weeks). I know Case strongly recommend submitting within 2 weeks, but unlike other schools they don't mention that submitting increases your priority internally (beyond the general first come first serve). Does anyone know if your application is flagged or anything if you're later?
tacobell4life
Full Member
Is there a general expectation to use up all 3500 (or close to 3500) characters for the secondary essay responses? For some of the prompts, I have much shorter responses (like 1500-2000 characters)
Just got an R from University program, although do have II at Cleveland clinic
When were you complete? I am waiting for my demise and want to know how much closer I am hahaJust got an R from University program, although do have II at Cleveland clinic
Sorry, but do you have a general post number I could refer to. I went through the whole convo, but didn't see anything concerning application lateness flags.It's not. Go back earlier in the thread where @CWRU.Sman confirms this.
complete 7/16, lizzy M82.2, OOSWhen were you complete? I am waiting for my demise and want to know how much closer I am haha
#104Sorry, but do you have a general post number I could refer to. I went through the whole convo, but didn't see anything concerning application lateness flags.
also @CWRU.Sman is on the admissions committee and is kind enough to keep you informed on this thread and answer questions.
If you read through the whole thread and see his/her answers to other people's questions, you will have the best picture of what to do-
Drinking-coffeeeeee
Full Member
Sorry, but do you have a general post number I could refer to. I went through the whole convo, but didn't see anything concerning application lateness flags.
here ya go!Correct. The point is that we (and every other med school) have WAY more interview spots available at the beginning of the season than later in the year. Therefore, if you're just submitting your application in November when we're booking interviews in January and February, then your chances of getting an interview could be much less.
The two week recommendation is just that... a recommendation. We're not tracking whether you submitted within 13 days or 17 days.
oh sweet, thank you! My application was complete on August 3, so let's hope that's early enough haha.here ya go!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received R today. Alright Imma head out here now🤣
cofactorcoenzyme
Full Member
Sorry to hear that :/ when were you complete?Received R today. Alright Imma head out here now🤣
Complete 7/23 here and heard nothing either way as of yet
Complete 7/9Sorry to hear that :/ when were you complete?
Complete 7/23 here and heard nothing either way as of yet
Stats? ORM/URM?Complete 7/9
LM 70, InternationalStats? ORM/URM?
@CWRU.Sman Hi! Are we allowed to know if the You Do IQ sessions have a bearing on our application decisions? It says strongly recommended in bold and I'm not sure if that's implying this, or just emphasizing its importance for our own sake when making a decision.
goatgoat4
Full Member
I went to one of these and the facilitator said that it had no impact on their decision and that they don’t report back to anyone. I think it’s just an opportunity to see how the sessions typically go since they make up a large part of the curriculum!@CWRU.Sman Hi! Are we allowed to know if the You Do IQ sessions have a bearing on our application decisions? It says strongly recommended in bold and I'm not sure if that's implying this, or just emphasizing its importance for our own sake when making a decision.
Can you, or anyone else who has attended one, describe the session a little more? How long did it take, how many other applicants were there, how much participation there was, and how were people dressed? Thanks in advance!I went to one of these and the facilitator said that it had no impact on their decision and that they don’t report back to anyone. I think it’s just an opportunity to see how the sessions typically go since they make up a large part of the curriculum!
Comfy casual, I was wearing a sweatshirt. There were 2 student facilitators and maybe ~15 applicants, and we ended up in 2 breakout rooms. Pretty good participation in my group at least, it took about 45 minutes and the med student stuck around after to answer questions about the program/school for us! Overall I had a fun doing it and would highly recommend it!Can you, or anyone else who has attended one, describe the session a little more? How long did it take, how many other applicants were there, how much participation there was, and how were people dressed? Thanks in advance!
Apologies if this has already been asked, but does anyone know where we are supposed to upload a photo prior to interview day? Is this separate from the photo we were required to upload with our application?
It is the same photo that you uploaded for your secondary. No new photo!
Thank you so much!It is the same photo that you uploaded for your secondary. No new photo!
Thank you so much!
You’re very welcome!
Exactly right. It's an opportunity to experience a taste of our curriculum since you can't be here to observe it. Actually, I like it better because you get to participate vs. passively sitting in an IQ group room watching med students do their work. While it's not intended to be evaluative, I suppose if someone acted like a complete jerk, I'd like to know about that. That said, most people know how to comport themselves well and I don't really have to worry about this happening too much.I went to one of these and the facilitator said that it had no impact on their decision and that they don’t report back to anyone. I think it’s just an opportunity to see how the sessions typically go since they make up a large part of the curriculum!
pre-II R. OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry to hear, what is your complete date?pre-II R. OOS
07/26 I believe and LM 76 ORM. I had lower research than case prefers so not surprised but definitely disappointedSorry to hear, what is your complete date?
cofactorcoenzyme
Full Member
complete 7/22, LM 78 ORM with 1500+ research hours and received pre-II R this morning as well, really sad about this one.
cs_doc
Full Member
Not receiving an R can only be a good thing, but it’s very likely all that means is they haven’t gotten to you yet since they don’t queue solely by submit datedo we have any reason to feel somewhat hopeful if we haven't received an R yet and were complete at around the same time as some people receiving Rs? lol
Anecdotally, I submitted mid-July last cycle, got my interview invitation in January, and got in to Case like 2 weeks later. Patience is definitely important in this process.Not receiving an R can only be a good thing, but it’s very likely all that means is they haven’t gotten to you yet since they don’t queue solely by submit date
cs_doc
Full Member
Yeah, sounds like you got put on hold and got re-reviewed later in the cycle. Seeing other people’s submit times can be informative, but at the end of the day admissions is a black box and being patient is the only way forwardAnecdotally, I submitted mid-July last cycle, got my interview invitation in January, and got in to Case like 2 weeks later. Patience is definitely important in this process.
doctorhalstead
Full Member
Gosh, today is really a bloody Thursday
AgitatedSundae73
Full Member
AgitatedSundae73
Full Member
7/22 !Congrats! When was your complete date?
Drinking-coffeeeeee
Full Member
OOS II a few min ago! LM 75 and complete 7/24! Soooo excited about this one!!
just received an II! OOS and complete 7/26
MotorLover
Full Member
go web go
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is a platform I can stand behind.when i become king of ohio i will give everyone a case western II
All hail Khansotia, future king of Ohio 👑when i become king of ohio i will give everyone a case western II
hotlinebling0729
Full Member
when i become king of ohio i will give everyone a case western II
If Khansotia has million number of fans i am one of them 🙋🏻♂️. if Khansotia has ten fans i am one of them. if Khansotia has only one fan, that is me 🙋🏽♂️🙋🏾♂️🙋🏼♂️. if Khansotia has no fans, that means i am no longer on this earth 😢. if the world is against Khansotia, i am against the world ❌🌍☄️. i love Khansotia till my last breath.. 😍 .. Die Hard fan of Khansotia 🤓🌹. Hit like If you Think Khansotia is the most bestest and most Smart In the world 🤠
Laid back and comfortable. Low stresshas anyone interviewed for CCLCM already? if so, how was the vibe!??