2021-2022 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted in July 1st and still no word. Please tell me someone is in the same boat as me!
Submitted secondary June 25 and marked complete July 15. No word as of yet. I keep repeating no news is good news.
Hang in there! If it gives you any peace of mind I was told by admissions staff that they plan to interview around 1000 applicants!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted 7/11 and emailed 9/20 after noticing that one of my LoR was not showing. They replied 9/21 and said that they had it and that my app was under review. Sitting here twiddling my thumbs :shrug:
 
Anyone who scores bottom Casper quartile got an interview? I worry that they are going to screen out very low Casper scores...
 
To those who have interviewed, who do we send the thank-you letters to? I think they mentioned it but I forgot
 
To those who have interviewed, who do we send the thank-you letters to? I think they mentioned it but I forgot
At the end of my interview, Zachary Rowe said to email him thank you letters and he would distribute them to the students/evaluators as needed.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Recent graduate. Feel free to ask me whatever.

If I'm being honest, I actually really like both of these questions. Good luck to everyone applying this year

Hi, could you give me some tips on how to answer number 4--"What creative/innovative ways have you found to continue to build upon the competencies for entering medical students during the pandemic?" Would really appreciate it!
 
The Acceptance starts coming from tomorrow right?? I read the last year posts seems like if your checklist get disappeared tomorrow, then that means acceptance.
 
I interviewed 9/21 and the told me that we should hear back between 10/15 and 11/1.

Also, for those asking about MMIs, I was really nervous about how they were going to handle them over Zoom, but using the breakout rooms actually worked super well.
 
I interviewed 9/21 and the told me that we should hear back between 10/15 and 11/1.

Also, for those asking about MMIs, I was really nervous about how they were going to handle them over Zoom, but using the breakout rooms actually worked super well.
That is my assumption as well.
 
Submitted 7/3, complete 7/15. Radio silence (although that’s the same with every school I applied to)
Try to stay optimistic about RF. I interviewed here early September last year and got waitlisted while people interviewing much later in the cycle got accepted. RF seems to really take their time reviewing apps and so I would not view it as a sign about how they view your app.
 
For those of you who interviewed, how far in advance did you receive the zoom link? Also, did you write down the names of all your MMI evaluators or how did you send thank you letters?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Based on last year thread, the people who got accepted had a change in their portal (read last year middle October dates)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah that would absolutely suck more for sure...but ORM from the chicago burbs is up there with "worst places to be a premed" imo
yoo same situation. Every once in a while I'll think dang if I lived 3-4 hours to the west in Iowa I would have a 1 in 3 chance of getting into med school 😭😭