2021-2022 Dartmouth (Geisel)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Okay in all seriousness, what if my diversity essay WAS my additional essay? Am I not allowed to change it?
I think if you couldn't change the other essays, they would have said that or like shut off the other two questions. Would be ridiculous if you can't change the others. Also did anyone else's submitted date change? Mine now says 7/19 submitted lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think if you couldn't change the other essays, they would have said that or like shut off the other two questions. Would be ridiculous if you can't change the others. Also did anyone else's submitted date change? Mine now says 7/19 submitted lol
If you're expecting them to be able to handle this in a competent fashion, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
 
Okay in all seriousness, what if my diversity essay WAS my additional essay? Am I not allowed to change it?
I also used a diversity essay as my additional essay. My diversity essay focused on two components. I kept the additional essay focusing on one component and expanded on it, and I used the other component for the new prompt. Given it is their mistake, I really don't think they can expect people to not have to change things around.
 
I also used a diversity essay as my additional essay. My diversity essay focused on two components. I kept the additional essay focusing on one component and expanded on it, and I used the other component for the new prompt. Given it is their mistake, I really don't think they can expect people to not have to change things around.
While normally I would agree, before this email I would have said "Given it is their mistake, I don't really think they can expect us to write the third essay" but here we are.
 
While normally I would agree, before this email I would have said "Given it is their mistake, I don't really think they can expect us to write the third essay" but here we are.
Fair lol. I do think they would have locked the other essays if they did not allow edits. My submission date remained the same at least.
 
Fair lol. I do think they would have locked the other essays if they did not allow edits. My submission date remained the same at least.
I just don't think they have the IT capabilities to only lock 1 essay. My friend last year had her portal unlocked for one section mistake and all the fields became editable.
 
Well, just goes to show they don't give a **** and that they are setting us up for abuse in the future. Just read the residency programs that regularly violate the 80 hr work rule.

also, my submission date changed to 7/19.
are you going to email? mine also changed
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't receive anything, resubmitted but a little worried that the previous email posted here was fake.....
Yup, just a gunner trying to sabotage a thousand other applicants. That is PEAK gunning opportunity right there. Throwing this many people under the bus comes but once in a generation. I saw the opportunity and went for it. But now that you have foiled my plan I am weighted with guilt. The actual email said that if you were affected, as repayment they are automatically interviewing everyone submitted before 7/14/2021. It’s a Christmas-In-July-Miracle!!

Edit just to clarify since there are reactions other than laughter: This is sarcasm.
 
Last edited:
Yup, just a gunner trying to sabotage a thousand other applicants. That is PEAK gunning opportunity right there. Throwing this many people under the bus comes but once in a generation. I saw the opportunity and went for it. But now that you have foiled my plan I am weighted with guilt. The actual email said that if you were affected, as repayment they are automatically interviewing everyone submitted before 7/14/2021. It’s a Christmas-In-July-Miracle!!
1626734249223.png
 
No, I mean that I heard about the resubmission through you all and reddit. But let's assume that I wasn't on either, I would be blind to this and wouldn't know to do anything unless they tell me
Or you checked the portal, didn’t think anything of it and thought you just didn’t submit yet, and pressed submit because you were none the wiser.

devil’s advocate/plausible deniability and all that jazz
 
Damn you guys already rewrote and submitted? I haven't written the other essay for any other school so I have to prepare one, probably wont resubmit for a day or two.
 
Damn you guys already rewrote and submitted? I haven't written the other essay for any other school so I have to prepare one, probably wont resubmit for a day or two.
I haven’t been able but will have one ready tonight. I think Hopkins has it? Idk I have written it beforw
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So is the consensus that we edit and submit the new essay even if we have not received an email from the school?

Just want to clarify what everyone else is doing. I haven't gotten an email yet and I don't want to mess with my submission date (7/7) if I haven't received communication from Geisel.
 
So is the consensus that we edit and submit the new essay even if we have not received an email from the school?

Just want to clarify what everyone else is doing. I haven't gotten an email yet and I don't want to mess with my submission date (7/7) if I haven't received communication from Geisel.
As a reapplicant, last cycle all the emails were not given to everyone at the same time. I got an email other applicants got a day later. Not sure why it does that but go ahead and submit I would say.
 
So is the consensus that we edit and submit the new essay even if we have not received an email from the school?

Just want to clarify what everyone else is doing. I haven't gotten an email yet and I don't want to mess with my submission date (7/7) if I haven't received communication from Geisel.
I haven't gotten the email, but I resubmitted. My application submission date changed, but my fee date didn't so I am hoping they can go off of that? Not sure. I emailed over the weekend and if I do not receive the email soon I will probably send something again just to confirm exactly what they want / how they're going about all of this but I doubt we'll get much clarity
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad