2021-2022 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My response to the 2nd secondary essay is 250,000 characters long and I think that's fine since there's no character limit but does anyone have advice on if I should pare it down a bit anyway? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
My response to the 2nd secondary essay is 250,000 characters long and I think that's fine since there's no character limit but does anyone have advice on if I should pare it down a bit anyway? Thanks
Dont sell yourself short. If you've got something to say then feel free to say it. Infinite Jest was approximately 2.7 million characters without spaces. I think you can do better.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't received a secondary from Geisel, and my AMCAS was verified on July 13th. I have a 3.94 GPA and a 511 MCAT. Not sure why I didn't receive it yet

Hey everyone. Would anybody be kind enough to share what the topic they discussed for essay 2 (please share with us something about yourself that was not addressed elsewhere...) What did you yall talk about?

Hey everyone. Would anybody be kind enough to share what the topic they discussed for essay 2 (please share with us something about yourself that was not addressed elsewhere...) What did you yall talk about?
greatest challenge/adversity and what I learned about myself from it

I actually did a Why Us essay. I'm not sure if that's what they expect, but this school is my top choice, and I wanted to express that!

Reactions: 1 users
I actually did a Why Us essay. I'm not sure if that's what they expect, but this school is my top choice, and I wanted to express that!
As long as it’s about you, your goals, aspirations, etc. and how they meet Dartmouth’s environment and mission, I don’t see why it would be a problem. But still a bit unconventional

Members don't see this ad :)
about to write this one! I'm planning to do a combine diversity, challenge and why us prompts for it since there seems to be no word or character limit

OOS II received 8/11, no ties, ORM. Complete 7/7 (finished 3rd prompt fiasco and resubmitted 7/19).

Reactions: 8 users
I haven't received a secondary from Geisel, and my AMCAS was verified on July 13th. I have a 3.94 GPA and a 511 MCAT. Not sure why I didn't receive it yet
I would contact them because I got a secondary the day I was verified. It didn't seem like they screened. Couldn't hurt to ask.

Hi everyone! Wondering if anyone had heard anything this week
Radio silence for me, marked complete 7/12 and re-submitted 7/19 after the missing third question

Does anyone know how many interviews they give out since their class size is so small?

Anyone hear any II's for people with complete dates around 7/25?

Reactions: 1 users
II just now!!! OOS LM 72 Complete 07/19

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
For those who already interviewed, did you get the names of your interviewers beforehand?

For those who already interviewed, did you get the names of your interviewers beforehand?
Yes, only the day before your interview when they email out the zoom links/interview day schedules.

+II past Thursday! URM, LM 70, OOS, complete late July.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Could anyone who interviewed this cycle provide any info about their experiences? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

have they sent out rejections or do they typically send our rejections?

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
Just got an II!! This is my third time applying to this school so I did not see this coming but I am beyond thrilled as it has always been a top choice!! If anyone who has already interviewed has any advice or resources they used it would be much appreciated!

LM 66, technically OOS but lived in NH for many years and now live in Mass, plus still have family and strong connections to the state.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Just got an II!! This is my third time applying to this school so I did not see this coming but I am beyond thrilled as it has always been a top choice!! If anyone who has already interviewed has any advice or resources they used it would be much appreciated!

LM 66, technically OOS but lived in NH for many years and now live in Mass, plus still have family and strong connections to the state.
Congrats!! When did you complete your secondary?

Congrats!! When did you complete your secondary?
I was completed on 7/14 but I got the whole technical error thing on 7/23 about a missing question. However, the email said this did not affect completion date

• Love
Reactions: 2 users