You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Dartmouth (Geisel)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Go to school for no reason other than the name, hate your life for four years due to terrible administration, learn that this is what medicine is, become admin, teach the next generation of medical students to hate their life, the cycle repeats.Bruh who gives a damn. It’s Dartmouth med, if you get in you go unless you have somewhere better to be.
I personally enjoyed the school and it seems like they are making active changes. However, this is a valid concern and you should absolutely not go to a school solely for the name.
It’s a semi-valid concern for people with the luxury of multiple acceptances. As I said, if you have somewhere better to be go there instead. Better here is subjective, it does not necessarily mean better name. I just feel like slimy pre-meds continue to bring this issue up in the hopes that it will deter the competition. For some reason that kind of bs bothers me.Go to school for no reason other than the name, hate your life for four years due to terrible administration, learn that this is what medicine is, become admin, teach the next generation of medical students to hate their life, the cycle repeats.
I personally enjoyed the school and it seems like they are making active changes. However, this is a valid concern and you should absolutely not go to a school solely for the name.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You genuinely think people are asking for fear mongering and not as a legitimate concern? I don’t hang around the school specifics enough - if that is a consistent theme then ignore meIt’s a semi-valid concern for people with the luxury of multiple acceptances. As I said, if you have somewhere better to be go there instead. Better here is subjective, it does not necessarily mean better name. I just feel like slimy pre-meds continue to bring this issue up in the hopes that it will deter the competition. For some reason that kind of bs bothers me.
Amoeba2022
Full Member
Anyway so, do we think some 11/4 interviewees will hear back today or will they skip this week because of the holiday?
Pretty sure it is every other Friday that they send acceptances, so there wouldn’t have been anything this week anyways.Anyway so, do we think some 11/4 interviewees will hear back today or will they skip this week because of the holiday?
brainperson1
Full Member
Does anyone know if Geisel tends to ghost post-interview applicants that have not received the A? Thanks
212kindofgal
Full Member
They said on my interview day that we might hear back until the end of the interview cycle (March) because thats when they decide the cutoff for who gets A’d / WL’dDoes anyone know if Geisel tends to ghost post-interview applicants that have not received the A? Thanks
Same 🙁 this was my top choice. Good luck to you all!Pre-II R. Complete 8/1, OOS, LM 68 ORM. Kind of expected with my stats but I really liked this school 🙁
purplepremed1002
Full Member
Pre-II R just now. Complete 08/03. Good luck to everyone!
premed11801
Full Member
Has anyone been complete since late July and still not hear anything?
Complete 8/5, just got pre-II rejected. 516 MCAT, ORM, OOS.Has anyone been complete since late July and still not hear anything?
I have not heard anything yet, complete 7/15 (OOS, ORM, 51x, 4.0, tons of clinical)Has anyone been complete since late July and still not hear anything?
Last edited:
complete 7/17 and silenceHas anyone been complete since late July and still not hear anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yes but early AugustHas anyone been complete since late July and still not hear anything?
Just got the Pre-II R 
Complete 10/9.
Good luck to the future docs here! Yall be easy now!
Complete 10/9.
Good luck to the future docs here! Yall be easy now!
Same. Silence since august
ChemistryisFON
Full Member
gg got the R. 522, 4.0, OOS. Complete 7/24
Really thought I had a lot of solid experiences related to their curriculum and entrepreneurship stuff, but it happens!
Really thought I had a lot of solid experiences related to their curriculum and entrepreneurship stuff, but it happens!
did you just receive it or did you receive it with the other R’s reported on this thread? I wonder whether they’re staggering R’s throughout the day.gg got the R. 522, 4.0, OOS. Complete 7/24
Really thought I had a lot of solid experiences related to their curriculum and entrepreneurship stuff, but it happens!
From my limited knowledge of the application cycle as long as you haven't gotten an R from a school that sends out pre-ii Rs periodically throughout the cycle, you're still in the running. But this whole process is a crapshoot so take my thoughts with a grain of salt lmaoHas anyone been complete since late July and still not hear anything?
D
deleted1022805
Stats?Just got the Pre-II R
Complete 10/9.
Good luck to the future docs here! Yall be easy now!
futuredoc2515
Full Member
Same 🙁Pre-II R. OOS, complete 8/1
Ask lots of questions about the cheating scandal. It lets them know you’ve done your homework.Any tips for the MD and MD/PhD interviews?
I can’t tell if this is serious advice, but I would not recommend doing this. Maybe ask one question on this topic if you actually have a question about it, but there are many other ways to show that you have ‘done your homework’ that wouldn’t raise concerns about your genuine interest in attending the school.Ask lots of questions about the cheating scandal. It lets them know you’ve done your homework.
I can’t tell if this is serious advice, but I would not recommend doing this. Maybe ask one question on this topic if you actually have a question about it, but there are many other ways to show that you have ‘done your homework’ that wouldn’t raise concerns about your genuine interest in attending the school.
Dudes trying to sabotage others lol. Down bad smh
LOL there’s no way you thought I was serious. Do NOT bring the topic up at all. Do some mock interviews, then go have a conversation about your genuine interests and the interests of your interviewers. When you’re done, make some Mac and cheese and chill out.I can’t tell if this is serious advice, but I would not recommend doing this. Maybe ask one question on this topic if you actually have a question about it, but there are many other ways to show that you have ‘done your homework’ that wouldn’t raise concerns about your genuine interest in attending the school.
😅 Oh thank god! Idk… It wouldn’t have been the first time I’ve seen horrible advice on SDN.LOL there’s no way you thought I was serious. Do NOT bring the topic up at all. Do some mock interviews, then go have a conversation about your genuine interests and the interests of your interviewers. When you’re done, make some Mac and cheese and chill out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Their MSAR entry says they interview from September through March.Anyone know when Dartmouth interviews until. Complete august wanna know if I still hve a shot?
thefinalletter123
Full Member
A as well!!! Feels like a anvil has been taken off my back as a reapplicant, holy crap!!! ORM/OOS, Interviewed 11/4.
D
deleted1103180
Sorry if this has been asked before- but anyone else complete July and still no R or II? Should I just expect an R soon lol
You’ve dodged a few R waves so you’re probably in the running for an IISorry if this has been asked before- but anyone else complete July and still no R or II? Should I just expect an R soon lol
yupSorry if this has been asked before- but anyone else complete July and still no R or II? Should I just expect an R soon lol
edit: yes to silence since july, not necessarily a silent R
II this morning! Complete early August
D
deleted1022805
Stats?II this morning! Complete early August
LM 77, ORM, OOS
R just now
212kindofgal
Full Member
Sorry about the R 🙁 is this pre or post II?R just now
medshark123
Full Member
Interviewed in Sept. Haven’t heard anything. Uploaded update letter ~1.5 months ago. Any advice?
premedhopeful1013
Full Member
R just now. Pre-II, LM= 70, Casper: 4th quartile
D
deleted965595
Sorry to hear. When were you complete?R just now. Pre-II, LM= 70, Casper: 4th quartile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
212kindofgal
Full Member
You might hear back at the end of the cycle unfortunatelyInterviewed in Sept. Haven’t heard anything. Uploaded update letter ~1.5 months ago. Any advice?
Pre-II R, complete early August, OOS LM ~72
Pre ii! I submitted an update last week lmao I was complete since like July. I’m oos low stats thoughSorry about the R 🙁 is this pre or post II?
premedhopeful1013
Full Member
Thanks for the kind words. I was complete early AugustSorry to hear. When were you complete?