-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Dartmouth (Geisel)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
thefinalletter123
Full Member
Received II here as an OOS w/ no ties this past Wednesday. Dates available were for last week of Oct and first of Nov.
Congrats!! When did you submit your secondary?Received II here as an OOS w/ no ties this past Wednesday. Dates available were for last week of Oct and first of Nov.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thefinalletter123
Full Member
7/23!Congrats!! When did you submit your secondary?
Does the volume of rejections combined with low (reported) interviews indicate to anyone that Dartmouth may be sending out fewer interviews this cycle compared to previous? At least at the rate reported, I can’t imagine 700+ interviews are being offered….
D
deleted555445
I wouldn't read too much into whats posted here or on the tracker floating around, probably not the best data to draw conclusions fromDoes the volume of rejections combined with low (reported) interviews indicate to anyone that Dartmouth may be sending out fewer interviews this cycle compared to previous? At least at the rate reported, I can’t imagine 700+ interviews are being offered….
thefinalletter123
Full Member
They mentioned they are also going to interview up to March 31st, 2022 this cycle so there is a long ways to go for them to fit a lot more interviews inDoes the volume of rejections combined with low (reported) interviews indicate to anyone that Dartmouth may be sending out fewer interviews this cycle compared to previous? At least at the rate reported, I can’t imagine 700+ interviews are being offered….
Initially complete 7.14.2021sorry to hear 😕 when were you (initially) complete??
yepanotherpmed
Full Member
II received today, 10/12. Complete 8/14. Interview scheduled for 11/4.
URM
URM
First pre II rejection was from this school this morning. Complete 8/14. LM-71 and URM. Actually liked this school. Good luck everyone!
keurigkween
Full Member
R complete 7/15 and resubmitted 7/23
+1 complete 7/17I was complete 7/19 here but still havent heard back 🙁 i feel like an R is coming soon
brainperson1
Full Member
For those that have already interviewed/are current students, do you know 1) how long after an interview (After Oct 15) that a decision is rendered and 2) how this cycle differs from past ones (because of virtual interviews and higher volume of applicants)? Thank you in advance.
Amoeba2022
Full Member
II just now! So excited!! Complete 8/19
D
deleted965595
Congrats! Stats?II just now! So excited!! Complete 8/19
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete 8/12... looks like it's over for me lol
212kindofgal
Full Member
+1, complete 7/19Complete 8/12... looks like it's over for me lol
But i guess there’s still a fraction of hope until we actually get hit with an R
Clinging on ☹️+1, complete 7/19
But i guess there’s still a fraction of hope until we actually get hit with an R
ooo000
Full Member
+1, complete 7/30, hang on there, don't lose hope until you are rejected!Complete 8/12... looks like it's over for me lol
I was complete 8/12 also!! Haven't heard anything eitherComplete 8/12... looks like it's over for me lol
brainperson1
Full Member
When was your interview, if you don’t mind me asking. Congratulations future doctor!Holy **** Got the A!!!!!!!!! So happy, this is an amazing school!
It was 9/16, thank you so much!!!When was your interview, if you don’t mind me asking. Congratulations future doctor!
Nonpath2MD
Full Member
Also got the A!!!
brainperson1
Full Member
Also interviewed on 9/16???Also got the A!!!
212kindofgal
Full Member
II just now complete 7/19
ORM OOS
ORM OOS
212kindofgal
Full Member
Congrats on the A!!! Any tips for the interview? I have one with them in November and this school is one of my top choices. Thank you in advance!!Just got the A!!!! Omgggggg I cannot believe it 😭😭😭😭😭😭
Edit: Interviewed on 9/16
Hii there! Thank you!!Congrats on the A!!! Any tips for the interview? I have one with them in November and this school is one of my top choices. Thank you in advance!!
I don’t think there was much I did differently to prepare for this specific school. I just looked over my app (primary and secondary), reflected on examples for situational questions and personal questions (why medicine, personal qualities, times I have failed, etc. type questions).
I think the best advice I received prior to interviews was to be myself! Everyone at Dartmouth was so kind and welcoming. They really just want to get to know you, so do your best to present your true self (despite the nerves! 😅)
Also don’t worry too much about the group activity, just have fun with it and be respectful of your peers/try not to talk over anyone. I enjoyed it!
Good luck!! You got this!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nothing yet!Anybody who interviewed on 09/09 hear anything?
Nonpath2MD
Full Member
Sorry for the late response but yes. Also withdrew today so good luck 🙂Also interviewed on 9/16???
mcmdsp1234
Full Member
Why did you decide to withdraw?Sorry for the late response but yes. Also withdrew today so good luck 🙂
coldertouch
Full Member
II received 10/15! OOS complete 8/20
Nonpath2MD
Full Member
My top choices going in are IS and a few other OOS schools. Already got an A at an IS school and I would not choose Dartmouth over that for a couple of reasons.Why did you decide to withdraw?
D
deleted965595
Sorry to hear it. Did you get the notification this morning?Pre-II R, complete 8/16. OOS URM
YepSorry to hear it. Did you get the notification this morning?
Completed 8/12 and silence still 🙁
complete 7/17 and silenceCompleted 8/12 and silence still 🙁
same 🙁 8/11Completed 8/12 and silence still 🙁
ooo000
Full Member
Me too, complete 07/30Completed 8/12 and silence still 🙁
medshark123
Full Member
Anyone have ideas as to when the mid sept interviewees will hear?
brainperson1
Full Member
I can’t answer the question but I know the committee meets on Thursdays, I think twice a month. Once your interviewers submit their evaluations, I think it is added to the pile and discussed chronologically. But that doesn’t mean that those who interviewed earlier will necessarily hear back earlier, unless I am completely wrong.Anyone have ideas as to when the mid sept interviewees will hear?
Some already got acceptances. During my interview they said that they decide where to draw the line between an acceptance and a waitlist later in the cycle so lord knows.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ACCEPTED!!! 😆
brainperson1
Full Member
When was your interview?ACCEPTED!!! 😆
9/30When was your interview?
Congrats!! What’s your Lizzy M/stats? I interviewed on 09/09 and still haven’t heard anything.ACCEPTED!!! 😆