2021-2022 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know what the group session entails during interview day? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Received II here as an OOS w/ no ties this past Wednesday. Dates available were for last week of Oct and first of Nov.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does the volume of rejections combined with low (reported) interviews indicate to anyone that Dartmouth may be sending out fewer interviews this cycle compared to previous? At least at the rate reported, I can’t imagine 700+ interviews are being offered….

Does the volume of rejections combined with low (reported) interviews indicate to anyone that Dartmouth may be sending out fewer interviews this cycle compared to previous? At least at the rate reported, I can’t imagine 700+ interviews are being offered….
I wouldn't read too much into whats posted here or on the tracker floating around, probably not the best data to draw conclusions from

Reactions: 3 users
They mentioned they are also going to interview up to March 31st, 2022 this cycle so there is a long ways to go for them to fit a lot more interviews in

Reactions: 2 users
II received today, 10/12. Complete 8/14. Interview scheduled for 11/4.
URM

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
First pre II rejection was from this school this morning. Complete 8/14. LM-71 and URM. Actually liked this school. Good luck everyone!

• Care
For those that have already interviewed/are current students, do you know 1) how long after an interview (After Oct 15) that a decision is rendered and 2) how this cycle differs from past ones (because of virtual interviews and higher volume of applicants)? Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A!!!! Omgggggg I cannot believe it 😭😭😭😭😭😭

Edit: Interviewed on 9/16

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Holy **** Got the A!!!!!!!!! So happy, this is an amazing school!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just got the A!!!! Omgggggg I cannot believe it 😭😭😭😭😭😭

Edit: Interviewed on 9/16
Congrats on the A!!! Any tips for the interview? I have one with them in November and this school is one of my top choices. Thank you in advance!!

Congrats on the A!!! Any tips for the interview? I have one with them in November and this school is one of my top choices. Thank you in advance!!
Hii there! Thank you!!

I don’t think there was much I did differently to prepare for this specific school. I just looked over my app (primary and secondary), reflected on examples for situational questions and personal questions (why medicine, personal qualities, times I have failed, etc. type questions).

I think the best advice I received prior to interviews was to be myself! Everyone at Dartmouth was so kind and welcoming. They really just want to get to know you, so do your best to present your true self (despite the nerves! 😅)

Also don’t worry too much about the group activity, just have fun with it and be respectful of your peers/try not to talk over anyone. I enjoyed it!

Good luck!! You got this!

Why did you decide to withdraw?
My top choices going in are IS and a few other OOS schools. Already got an A at an IS school and I would not choose Dartmouth over that for a couple of reasons.

• Love
Anyone have ideas as to when the mid sept interviewees will hear?
Some already got acceptances. During my interview they said that they decide where to draw the line between an acceptance and a waitlist later in the cycle so lord knows.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have ideas as to when the mid sept interviewees will hear?
Some already got acceptances. During my interview they said that they decide where to draw the line between an acceptance and a waitlist later in the cycle so lord knows.
I can’t answer the question but I know the committee meets on Thursdays, I think twice a month. Once your interviewers submit their evaluations, I think it is added to the pile and discussed chronologically. But that doesn’t mean that those who interviewed earlier will necessarily hear back earlier, unless I am completely wrong.

Reactions: 1 user
II today! Completed 7/20. Interviews available in November.