2021-2022 Eastern Virginia

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

OOS interview just now, scheduled for 1/28. Wondering if anyone knows what my chances are this late in the interview schedule? I know some schools reserve spots throughout their interview times so when you interview isn’t as big of a deal and others give their spots as they go. Do you think this is basically an interview for the waitlist at EVMS or is there actually a shot?
 
Do your best theres only o
OOS interview just now, scheduled for 1/28. Wondering if anyone knows what my chances are this late in the interview schedule? I know some schools reserve spots throughout their interview times so when you interview isn’t as big of a deal and others give their spots as they go. Do you think this is basically an interview for the waitlist at EVMS or is there actually a shot?
one way to find out!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS interview just now, scheduled for 1/28. Wondering if anyone knows what my chances are this late in the interview schedule? I know some schools reserve spots throughout their interview times so when you interview isn’t as big of a deal and others give their spots as they go. Do you think this is basically an interview for the waitlist at EVMS or is there actually a shot?
Even if you get a WL spot, EVMS tends to have a bit of WL movement so it could still work out
 
Anyone know if sending multiple update letters is frowned upon? I sent one a month ago to EVMS and haven't heard anything so far. I have more hours and responsibilities at my new job to update with, but wasn't sure if this is worth sending another update/ letter of interest. Any advice is appreciated, thanks!I ha
They take up to 6 updates. I have heard it is a good idea. Can anyone confirm or deny?
 
All pre-reqs must be complete before being considered for an II here correct? I wish I had known this earlier.
 
I am confused. Is the interview just an interview? And not an interview day with fellow students? I have an interview coming up and realized the agenda I was sent was for the optional Wednesday meet-and-greets and there was only a singular time for the actual interview. I have interviewed at roughly 8 other schools and none of them had just an interview without any presentations. If so, props to EVMS for cutting out the fluff but i am confused.
 
I am confused. Is the interview just an interview? And not an interview day with fellow students? I have an interview coming up and realized the agenda I was sent was for the optional Wednesday meet-and-greets and there was only a singular time for the actual interview. I have interviewed at roughly 8 other schools and none of them had just an interview without any presentations. If so, props to EVMS for cutting out the fluff but i am confused.
I believe that it is only the interview during interview day plus the Wednesday information session which has a bunch of presentations. I hope that answers your question.
 
for accepted students (and congrats!) - prematriculation requirements don't need to be completed ASAP right, 4 weeks leading up to matriculation unless otherwise stated?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, thank you. I was wondering if there is a private FB group (or GroupMe, etc.) for the incoming students?
Looking over the last year's thread, it seems that the Class of 2025 had a private FB group. Although I'm not sure if the students or school created it.

1643134926331.png
 
Hey, thank you. I was wondering if there is a private FB group (or GroupMe, etc.) for the incoming students?
Looking over the last year's thread, it seems that the Class of 2025 had a private FB group. Although I'm not sure if the students or school created it.

View attachment 348969
That should be the link to the private facebook page, unless something went wrong. Regardless, we have unhidden the group page and it should be searchable on FB now.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, sorry if this has been asked before, but where can I send an update letter? Do they prefer through the portal or through email? If so, what email? I can't find anything about this on the thread or their website.
 
Hi everyone, sorry if this has been asked before, but where can I send an update letter? Do they prefer through the portal or through email? If so, what email? I can't find anything about this on the thread or their website.
For Pre-II, it is likely OK to go to their main admissions email. During the information session, they had mentioned sending post-II updates to [email protected] but I'm not sure if this is only used for interviewed candidates. Hope this helps!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad