2021-2022 Eastern Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I am IS middle tier WL. is there any hope here for me?

Reactions: 1 user
yall please update us when you get off lol

Reactions: 1 users
gotta think next week is when serious action will start, with people still withdrawing this week and only a couple people reporting getting A’s. Looking at past years threads it blows up when movement starts.

was accepted yesterday off the IS WL! Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone on the WL and will still be anxiously checking this thread and many more to cheer everyone on, answer any questions about demographics (since I know EVMS tends to demographic match WL movement), and to just stay updated with how the cycle is going

was accepted yesterday off the IS WL! Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone on the WL and will still be anxiously checking this thread and many more to cheer everyone on, answer any questions about demographics (since I know EVMS tends to demographic match WL movement), and to just stay updated with how the cycle is going

Were you top tier?

Does EVMS usually send a confirmation email after submitting an update?

Anyone know if EVMS does any phone calls for acceptances, or mails a physical letter? All I've gotten so far is the random email from last week saying I got accepted
hey man, acceptance means acceptance. don't worry too much

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Welp, as someone in-state who is in top tier but haven't been taken off, that does not bode well for me.

OOS top tier here. There has been virtually no OOS WL or WL movement in general reported here. From a school that states so many students come from the waitlist, this just seems odd

Reactions: 3 users
Chiming in here bc I’m still waiting on OOS movement as well. I was told by admissions there “was a big wave” last week. This seems to be vastly underreported on here. This also seemed to be nearly all IS and I was told “in state is set.” I don’t know how much movement is left for OOS, or if it’s moved much at all. I’m just confused with what’s going on, trying to hold out hope but really I just have no idea. Don’t shoot the messenger please.
Thanks for reaching out for the rest of us, I’ve been checking daily to see what’s going on. I did see 14 new people added to the class of 2026 Facebook group, but that seemed small. But just to be clear, you’re saying the “big wave” was almost entirely in-state students? That seems so odd in comparison to past years.

Chiming in here bc I’m still waiting on OOS movement as well. I was told by admissions there “was a big wave” last week. This seems to be vastly underreported on here. This also seemed to be nearly all IS and I was told “in state is set.” I don’t know how much movement is left for OOS, or if it’s moved much at all. I’m just confused with what’s going on, trying to hold out hope but really I just have no idea. Don’t shoot the messenger please.
You talked to admissions and they said "in state is set" ?

Maybe the big wave for IS was last week, and OOS will be this week?

I wonder what they consider "big wave"...

Also, it is very "deceiving" that they say majority of incoming class is from WL... Like yes it is true, 2/3 of the incoming class comes from WL so that's about 100 students. Last year, only 75 kids came from WL. So, last year 50% of the matriculating class came from WL. Our chances of getting off the waitlist regardless of tiers are about 75/200. So 37.5%... not very high tbh

I wonder what they consider "big wave"...

Also, it is very "deceiving" that they say majority of incoming class is from WL... Like yes it is true, 2/3 of the incoming class comes from WL so that's about 100 students. Last year, only 75 kids came from WL. So, last year 50% of the matriculating class came from WL. Our chances of getting off the waitlist regardless of tiers are about 75/200. So 37.5%... not very high tbh
How do you know there’s 200 on the waitlist

I think that's what it says on MSAR
From what I have gathered from previous years SDN is that the IS WL has 200 people and OOS WL has another 200 people. But not 100% sure about this info as it is from SDN. But really hoping for movement on the WL

From what I have gathered from previous years SDN is that the IS WL has 200 people and OOS WL has another 200 people. But not 100% sure about this info as it is from SDN. But really hoping for movement on the WL
If you google WL aamc, EVMS states WL is only 200 people. If 400 people are on the WL, Our chances of getting in are much much slimmer

Just got accepted, OOS top tier! Second cycle, first A. Truly can’t believe it! Interviewed 11/17

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
My first A around 10am!! So relieved! OOS top third.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
First A this morning around 10 AM as well! OOS middle tier.

Stats for those that will ask: first application cycle, 513, 3.43 cGPA (electrical engineering), college athlete, scribing past two years with assorted shadowing, 5 feet 9.75 inches tall, ~180 lbs.

Pulling for the rest you on the WL :)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Congratulations!!! Could you newly accepted people add when you interviewed? So exciting!
Thanks!! I interviewed 3/9 or 3/11, can't remember exactly. I was waitlisted on 4/26. I agree with MatchaLattee, hope y'all hear good news soon!

Got in earlier this morning. Interviewed 10/15. I was mid tier OOS.

If anyone can PM me the Groupme link that would be great.

Got the acceptance email today a little after 1pm. OOS mid-tier. Interviewed 11/10.

Accepted off the OOS waitlist! Can't believe it

Went camping over the weekend depressed about having no acceptances for a second cycle and came home to this acceptance!! I had given up already and now I can't sleep!
Congrats!! Top tier or mid tier?

Could someone please PM me a GroupMe or Facebook Group link? Trying to lock down an apartment in the coming weeks

to everyone asking for the group me link - here is the link to request access to the accepted students Facebook page EVMS Class of 2026 | Facebook

you will find the GroupMe link here!

OOS top tier waitlist...is there still a chance for me at this point? are we expecting more movement?

OOS top tier waitlist...is there still a chance for me at this point? are we expecting more movement?
It’s still May. I’m sure it gets smaller each week, but there will likely be a few tomorrow and some more next week. It’ll keep going through the summer, just a lot slower if it’s like every other year.

but that could just be people who were finally granted access to the group by admin

is there any movement or is the school at capacity? Radio silence.

They just sent out an email and gave me a heart attack, but it was just to beg people to stop calling them for updates on the waitlist. I’m glad I never called them because it looks like it was getting pretty annoying to them.