2021-2022 Eastern Virginia

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does any know the odds of transferring from an OD Medical School to an MD Medical School? Can this even be done?
 
Does anyone know if the class is already full? I interviewed late in the season and haven't heard yet so I am trying to find out if late interviews are essentially only for wait list spots, or if they really do keep some spots in the class open for late interviewers.
 
Does anyone know if the class is already full? I interviewed late in the season and haven't heard yet so I am trying to find out if late interviews are essentially only for wait list spots, or if they really do keep some spots in the class open for late interviewers.
I called and they told me that they have to be full as of March 15. It's an AAMC rule.
 
I called and they told me that they have to be full as of March 15. It's an AAMC rule.
That’s true. People now filling the class still might leave for a new offer from some other school, which starts WL action at the school they left behind. Most of this starts up in late April onwards.
 
anyone who interviewed March 21-24 hear anything? I thought they said they'd get back to us about WL in the 2 weeks following of interview but I haven't heard a peep
 
Does anyone know if you can send updated LOR to EVMS while on the waitlist? I submitted 3 when I originally applied, so am not sure if they accept more.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Top tier OOS waiting. Have a feeling significant movement will start next week bc we’re nearing the CTE date
 
Does anyone know if they actually accept people from the middle tier IS waitlist? I am trying to gauge if I should lose the sliver of hope that I have...
Based off previous years, yes! (although, of course, your chances are higher if you're in the top tier). But my understanding is EVMS doesn't pull directly in order from top to bottom. Instead, when an applicant declines their offer, they try to find someone from the WL that matches their demographic (naturally, I would assume they look at the top tier first, but they definitely still dip into the middle tier). I could be wrong, but this is what I've gathered. I wouldn't bank on getting off the waitlist as an IS middle tier, but I also wouldn't lose hope (EVMS has a lot of WL movement)!
 
They have in past years, I have a friend who was middle tier last year and got off the waitlist around May. Also remember 2/3 of their class comes from the WL typically so I would say middle tier has a pretty good shot as well!
I think most of the people accepted off the waitlist are OOS though 😞don’t know what the chances for IS middle tier would be (I am one of them)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad