2021-2022 Eastern Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also received the waitlist designation yesterday. Interviewed 2/23, waiting to hear back regarding tier.

Members don't see this ad.

same, got waitlisted (in-state) and emailed to ask about tier

top tier of the waitlist, in state, interview in late Feb

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to say that this schools post II acceptance is so low 😭

Not according to MSAR. 74 accepted from 441 interviews for OOS and IS is extremely similar.
MSAR only shows the number of students who matriculated though, they definitely accepted more students who chose another school. Also, 2/3 of students come from the WL!

Reactions: 1 user

According to this, 46.4% acceptance post-interview for instate, 42.48% for out of state. So, not too bad. Not amazing, but not as bad as you thought

I wonder how the numbers work out for waitlists. Does the 46% include waitlist --> A?

Can someone comment on the current curriculum? Will students have the CareFoward curriculum for this fall? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre II R today 9:42 am EST. Complete Early July. At least I wasn't redirected to pharmacy school =')

Reactions: 1 users
Does any know the odds of transferring from an OD Medical School to an MD Medical School? Can this even be done?

Does anyone know if the class is already full? I interviewed late in the season and haven't heard yet so I am trying to find out if late interviews are essentially only for wait list spots, or if they really do keep some spots in the class open for late interviewers.

Does any know the odds of transferring from an OD Medical School to an MD Medical School? Can this even be done?
You can't transfer from one school to another once you have started.
I assume you meant a DO school (osteopathic doctor) and not an OD school (optometry).

You can't transfer from one school to another once you have started.
I assume you meant a DO school (osteopathic doctor) and not an OD school (optometry).
Oh yes, DO, correct. Thanks for the update.

Does anyone know if the class is already full? I interviewed late in the season and haven't heard yet so I am trying to find out if late interviews are essentially only for wait list spots, or if they really do keep some spots in the class open for late interviewers.
I called and they told me that they have to be full as of March 15. It's an AAMC rule.

I called and they told me that they have to be full as of March 15. It's an AAMC rule.
That’s true. People now filling the class still might leave for a new offer from some other school, which starts WL action at the school they left behind. Most of this starts up in late April onwards.

anyone who interviewed March 21-24 hear anything? I thought they said they'd get back to us about WL in the 2 weeks following of interview but I haven't heard a peep

• Dislike
Does anyone know if you can send updated LOR to EVMS while on the waitlist? I submitted 3 when I originally applied, so am not sure if they accept more.

Does anyone know when EVMS' official CTE date is? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Top tier OOS waiting. Have a feeling significant movement will start next week bc we’re nearing the CTE date

Does anyone know if they actually accept people from the middle tier IS waitlist? I am trying to gauge if I should lose the sliver of hope that I have...

Thank you! What time do they send out decision emails?
The exact time has never been consistent for me for whenever they send me automated emails (like II or Waitlist) but it tends to always be in the morning. I know that doesn't help much lol

Does anyone know how many people they put on the waitlist? Like how many are in each tier?

Does anyone know if they actually accept people from the middle tier IS waitlist? I am trying to gauge if I should lose the sliver of hope that I have...
Based off previous years, yes! (although, of course, your chances are higher if you're in the top tier). But my understanding is EVMS doesn't pull directly in order from top to bottom. Instead, when an applicant declines their offer, they try to find someone from the WL that matches their demographic (naturally, I would assume they look at the top tier first, but they definitely still dip into the middle tier). I could be wrong, but this is what I've gathered. I wouldn't bank on getting off the waitlist as an IS middle tier, but I also wouldn't lose hope (EVMS has a lot of WL movement)!

Cannot focus and mindlessly refreshing waiting for something to happen! =)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how many people they put on the waitlist? Like how many are in each tier?
They have in past years, I have a friend who was middle tier last year and got off the waitlist around May. Also remember 2/3 of their class comes from the WL typically so I would say middle tier has a pretty good shot as well!

They have in past years, I have a friend who was middle tier last year and got off the waitlist around May. Also remember 2/3 of their class comes from the WL typically so I would say middle tier has a pretty good shot as well!
I think most of the people accepted off the waitlist are OOS though 😞don’t know what the chances for IS middle tier would be (I am one of them)

OOS, Withdrew my acceptance from this terrific school! Good luck to all! :)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users