You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Eastern Virginia
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Any news today?
OOS accepted yesterday! Interview was on 01/28.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long did everyone have to wait after the 4 week post interview mark?
seekingsatori
Full Member
+1 also 2/9 interviewWaitlisted today. Interviewed 2/9
+1 interviewed 1/28Waitlisted today. Interviewed 2/9
CosmicClev1
Full Member
WL movement not going to be until April we thinking?
I wish I could say no but probablyWL movement not going to be until April we thinking?
That’s what they told me when I asked them 🙁WL movement not going to be until April we thinking?
For those WL, how long did it take admissions to reply and tell you your tier?
For those WL, how long did it take admissions to reply and tell you your tier?
They responded to me surprisingly quickly, within an hour or so.
Complete date?II just now
medicineandrunning
Full Member
II. Will be withdrawing. Hope it goes to one of you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bluei37
Full Member
10/6, ISComplete date?
imposter_syndrome
Full Member
+1II. Will be withdrawing. Hope it goes to one of you!
Got WL here but in the top tier, which is surprising bc I felt like my interview went terribly. My interviewer was drilling me with the questions but also with hellaaaaa specific follow up questions, I felt so intimidated. Cautiously optimistic about this one now, considering like >50% of the class comes from the waitlist.
Got WL here but in the top tier, which is surprising bc I felt like my interview went terribly. My interviewer was drilling me with the questions but also with hellaaaaa specific follow up questions, I felt so intimidated. Cautiously optimistic about this one now, considering like >50% of the class comes from the waitlist.
Hoo boy if that isn't painfully relatable. I had a similar experience and didn't recover. Fingers crossed for WL movement.
Last edited:
Tyler Lynn
New Member
Same boat here, though I’ve been waiting since the beginning of December from the “top tier.” In-state really does get less movement from the WL unfortunately… Best of luck for the both of us as we approach May 🤞Got WL here but in the top tier, which is surprising bc I felt like my interview went terribly. My interviewer was drilling me with the questions but also with hellaaaaa specific follow up questions, I felt so intimidated. Cautiously optimistic about this one now, considering like >50% of the class comes from the waitlist.
Monday, April 1 is the last interview dayDoes anybody know when EVMS stops interviewing? I see multiple people withdrawing their As but with little WL movement - I'm assuming they're waiting until they've finished interviewing or something.
I interviewed Jan 12th and was waitlisted Feb 15 so I’d say close to a monthDoes anyone know how long EVMS takes to make a decision/when the next wave of decisions is?
I interviewed 1/28 and was WL 3/1. So also about a month!Does anyone know how long EVMS takes to make a decision/when the next wave of decisions is?
TisTheSeason25
Full Member
My second "EVMS Title IX Notice" email of the cycle. Well, alrighty then lol.
Bruh why they sending these title 9 emails just reject me already!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuremddoc2022
Full Member
Does anyone know approximately the percent of people who were accepted from the top tier waitlist?
Anywhere from 0-100.Does anyone know approximately the percent of people who were accepted from the top tier waitlist?
update: got another title IX email! kudos to EVMS though, they may have rejected me 7 months ago but they're still doing more to help me with title IX than my current institutionI'd like to give a shoutout to EVMS for being the first school to reject me this cycle (and it was pre-secondary too) by sending me not one, but TWO rejection emails in the course of 2 days.
Fast forward 4 months, and they send me the title IX email. Good job, EVMS.
I'm on the waitlist but did not receive the title IX email.
Which tier of the waitlist are you in? I’m in the middle tier and received the email…dreading a R 🙁I'm on the waitlist but did not receive the title IX email.
Top tierWhich tier of the waitlist are you in? I’m in the middle tier and received the email…dreading a R 🙁
Is it still possible to get an interview here?
Someone tell me if I'm ridiculous for proposing this, but what do ya'll think about potentially starting a WL thread for Virginians applying to Virginia schools? IS movement tends to not be as active as OOS, but I feel like this can have some value for some of us since the IS and OOS waitlists seem to be independent of each other?
Someone tell me if I'm ridiculous for proposing this, but what do ya'll think about potentially starting a WL thread for Virginians applying to Virginia schools? IS movement tends to not be as active as OOS, but I feel like this can have some value for some of us since the IS and OOS waitlists seem to be independent of each other?
I'd be game - might be a useful distraction and may be helpful to people applying in future years who end up in a similar situation.
Try to make the time, surely you can miss one class or afternoon of workTo those of you who have interviewed, were any of you admitted without attending the Zoom session? I received an II this month and am not able to make any of the Wednesday sessions remaining this month.
Hi friends! Idk if I'm allowed to advertise like, but please slap me on the wrist if I'm being problematic. I have started a thread for people on Virginia MD waitlists. I think we can help each other gauge overall in-state movement if we work together!
forums.studentdoctor.net
Virginia In-State Waitlist Thread [Tech, UVA, EVMS, and VCU] (2021-2022)
Thread for Virginians on waitlists for Virginia MD schools! AAMC traffic rule deadlines are coming up so let's help each other gauge in-state waitlist movement in the Commonwealth of Virginia :)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received an II today
AlwaysRefreshingMyEmail
New Member
What time did you get the invite?Received an II today