2021-2022 Kaiser (Tyson)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

does anyone have any insight when there may next be As sent out? or have they been consistently doing a few every other wk and just not reported here?
I know that there have been weeks in which people were accepted but nobody posted on SDN. I’m guessing people are reluctant to post since so few acceptances (relative to other schools) go out on a week by week basis.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is Kaiser considered a needy school, one of those that wants frequent updates post-II and pre-decision? I'm guessing not?
 
Is Kaiser considered a needy school, one of those that wants frequent updates post-II and pre-decision? I'm guessing not?
So I’ve had 5 interviews so far and I think Kaiser was probably my best experience. I think they emphasized it more than other schools. They even ask us to include updates in our traditional interview. However, don’t feel pressured to do so. I think they’re really focusing on fit. Updates are nice but I highly doubt they matter very much.
 
Hey everyone! I recently got an II and I was just wondering what were some of your impressions of the interview day? (not anything specific regarding the interviews themselves, just curious about your overall feel for your interviewers/faculty, students, stress level during the day, etc...)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! I recently got an II and I was just wondering what were some of your impressions of the interview day? (not anything specific regarding the interviews themselves, just curious about your overall feel for your interviewers/faculty, students, stress level during the day, etc...)
What day?
 
Hey everyone! I recently got an II and I was just wondering what were some of your impressions of the interview day? (not anything specific regarding the interviews themselves, just curious about your overall feel for your interviewers/faculty, students, stress level during the day, etc...)
The stress level was quite high imo esp for the MMI stations (take it w a grain of salt since it was my first interview). Def a long day but very informative. Students seemed ok, not particularly enthusiastic but answered our questions to the best of their abilities. I thought it was organized very well.
 
The stress level was quite high imo esp for the MMI stations (take it w a grain of salt since it was my first interview). Def a long day but very informative. Students seemed ok, not particularly enthusiastic but answered our questions to the best of their abilities. I thought it was organized very well.
How many minutes per station?
 
Seems like people are still getting them, so I wouldn't lose hope. I'm rooting for you!
Did you
Yes. I actually got my interview invite on Friday the 28th. I misread the date on my email. Looking at past threads I think they extended invites through February!
Does the email begin with the admissions committee or does it say congratulations in the subject or after salutations?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Eric Andre GIF


I'm sure we're all feeling like this lol.
 
Yeah, its been a few months since I interviewed so I'm relying on old notes and vague recollections, but that's what I wrote down. Dont think an LOI will be looked at negatively, but I don't think they're like needy like some other schools.
What schools are needy? Every school interviews way more than accepted
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What schools are needy? Every school interviews way more than accepted
I've heard Mayo anecdotally, but I didn't interview there so don't know. These schools just highly value interest, they really only want to accept people that will likely come for whatever reason.