2021-2022 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long were people waiting after submitting their secondary to receive complete status? I submitted 09/07 and my portal still says my letters are missing.
I submitted mine 9/14 but my letters are in. I haven't gotten an email saying I'm complete yet though

Members don't see this ad.

How long were people waiting after submitting their secondary to receive complete status? I submitted 09/07 and my portal still says my letters are missing.
I submitted mine around August 17/18 and got a complete email 9/16 stating that my app is now under review by an admission committee member to decide on an interview.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm confused about this question on Marian's secondary app:

"6. Do you have plans to complete a postbaccalaureate program or graduate degree prior to matriculation at MU-COM? (If you do not complete this degree, you must notify MU-COM in writing.)

If yes, please indicate degree level and major (e.g., MS Biomedical Science)."

I have completed a postbacc program, but I haven't completed a graduate program/received a graduate degree. I don't know if I should select Yes, and then fill in my bachelor's degree info, or should I just select No since I haven't completed a graduate degree? TIA!
choose yes and fill in your postbacc information.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what the weekly schedule is like here during MS1/MS2. I can't find it online anywhere, I'm only seeing the topics they cover each year.

Canadian II! Complete 7/22. Does anyone know the post-II A rate?

I am so sorry to hear that. It's only one school and you only need is one yes! Do you mind sharing when were you completed?
I was complete on 7/29. Thanks for the encouragement! I'm not to beat up about it as I really have no ties to Indiana and I'm sure that I did not make an amazing case for moving there. Good luck on your cycle!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Woah! They got back to you in 5 days? Do they do that for everyone?
Not sure. I was in the first interview group and they said we’d hear by the following Wednesday with a phone call and that was what happened. They said that they meet every Wednesday to review applicants and they were quite transparent on their evaluation process regarding interviews.

Not sure. I was in the first interview group and they said we’d hear by the following Wednesday with a phone call and that was what happened. They said that they meet every Wednesday to review applicants and they were quite transparent on their evaluation process regarding interviews.
I found out the following wednesday as well, but during my interview they said it can take up to 3 weeks.

Pre-II R! IS, 510+ MCAT; 3.2 cGPA! good luck all
I am sorry to hear that. It's only one school and you only need is one yes! You have a great MCAT score so hopefully, that will help you with other schools too! Do you mind sharing when were you completed?

I am sorry to hear that. It's only one school and you only need is one yes! You have a great MCAT score so hopefully, that will help you with other schools too! Do you mind sharing when were you completed?
no problem! thanks for the encouragement! 7/19!

Can someone who has already undergone interview day give a rundown of how it went/what to expect/ level of "stress"? Thank you! :)

yes please ^ wondering the same
My interview session had around 20 people I believe. Everyone logged in at the start, we did a simple ice breaker and then watched a presentation over the school. After that you come back at the interview time you scheduled, then you do 30 minutes of interview and 30 minutes taking with students.

The interview was conversational with 2 interviewers. It’s a closed file interview, so they give you a chance to highlight anything you feel is important from your application.

The student panel was nice as well. There were two students and they just answered any questions anyone had and shared their feelings. This was very casual.

At the end there is a small closing presentation. That’s about it!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
My interview session had around 20 people I believe. Everyone logged in at the start, we did a simple ice breaker and then watched a presentation over the school. After that you come back at the interview time you scheduled, then you do 30 minutes of interview and 30 minutes taking with students.

The interview was conversational with 2 interviewers. It’s a closed file interview, so they give you a chance to highlight anything you feel is important from your application.

The student panel was nice as well. There were two students and they just answered any questions anyone had and shared their feelings. This was very casual.

Thann you so much! Were there any MMI style questions or was it just all conversational? Also, did they get back to you really quickly with their decision as well?

Thank you so much for the helpful info! Appreciate it!!

Thann you so much! Were there any MMI style questions or was it just all conversational? Also, did they get back to you really quickly with their decision as well?
No problem! I didn’t have any MMI style questions, but I have heard of others getting one occasionally. I heard back within 5 days, but during my interview they said it can take up to 3 weeks.

In an email for the interview there was a link to a curriculum presentation but it needed a password. Is this something that I should watch before my interview day or is this what they go over in the opening presentation?

In an email for the interview there was a link to a curriculum presentation but it needed a password. Is this something that I should watch before my interview day or is this what they go over in the opening presentation?
The password requirement has been lifted, you should be able to access it now without any password. Just click the link again in your email from Mr. Nussle :)

For anyone who recently interviewed, any other advice/insights? Also for those that interviewed last week, did you hear back at the 5 days mark as well?

Just withdrew my II here. Hope it goes to one of you! Good luck everyone!! :)

Reactions: 2 users
For anyone who has already completed their II: Did you find the MUCOM SDN interview feedback tool useful? Most of the responses there are MMI-based, which I'm assuming is the old format and not relevant to this cycle's process. Just wanted some feedback on how to prepare. Thanks in advance everyone! :)

For anyone who has already completed their II: Did you find the MUCOM SDN interview feedback tool useful? Most of the responses there are MMI-based, which I'm assuming is the old format and not relevant to this cycle's process. Just wanted some feedback on how to prepare. Thanks in advance everyone! :)
Wondering the same please!

Good luck to those who are having an interview tomorrow.

Do they send their decisions for the entire interview group on the same day, or did applicants who got accepted typically have to wait longer?