2021-2022 Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I emailed Maryland, they said there's no interviews left and everyone who hasn't gotten a decision will receive official correspondence soon.

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
I just realized that "Interview" with a lock on my application status popped up..and it says "Under Review." Any insight into what this means? I do not believe I had this earlier..

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a pre-II R 3/9.
Best of luck to all who will be matriculating!!

anyone get the baltimore acct information email?

Reactions: 1 users
For the people that haven’t been accepted/rejected post-II but got an account creation email, is your account affiliation listed as “student?”

Last edited:
if any of you end up going to this school, make sure you eat at Ekiben

Reactions: 1 user
Have the lock and "Under Review" status, and I wish they'd just send all the pre-II R's already..so weird

Good luck to those potentially hearing back today!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also got waitlisted about 20 min ago. Does anyone know what the chances of getting off the WL are like?

I think ppl have said they have 200 seats on the WL and accept about 20?

I'm guessing I'm pre-II R, but still holding out for hope haha. In the document section, my LORs just got 'downloaded' on March 8th, when I know for sure that it originally said 'downloaded in July' when I first submitted my secondaries? Has this happened to anyone?

I'm guessing I'm pre-II R, but still holding out for hope haha. In the document section, my LORs just got 'downloaded' on March 8th, when I know for sure that it originally said 'downloaded in July' when I first submitted my secondaries? Has this happened to anyone?
Same here, my LORs were 'downloaded' around the same time as yours, when they initially said downloaded in july haha

Does UMaryland send out waitlist notifications in the order of the waitlist or can you potentially get shuffled in higher on the list while receiving an email later? Also do they make a “top of waitlist” distinction in the email? Thanks!

Does UMaryland send out waitlist notifications in the order of the waitlist or can you potentially get shuffled in higher on the list while receiving an email later? Also do they make a “top of waitlist” distinction in the email? Thanks!
they send an email in May to confirm WL + tell you if you're in the top or bottom half from what i read in prev years

Pre-II R today. I had the lock on my portal before this

Does anybody have any news on financial aid packages? Thank you!
Answering my own question lol, I emailed financial aid requesting updates.
Their response: I was told that you should receive your award package in the next week. The email will come from [email protected]. You can also send an email to that address if you have additional questions.

Not entirely sure if this will translate to everyone accepted. For reference, I interviewed in early Nov, accepted in late Nov. Hope it helps!

Answering my own question lol, I emailed financial aid requesting updates.
Their response: I was told that you should receive your award package in the next week. The email will come from [email protected]. You can also send an email to that address if you have additional questions.

Not entirely sure if this will translate to everyone accepted. For reference, I interviewed in early Nov, accepted in late Nov. Hope it helps!
Definitely helps! Financial Aid didn't even answer my email 😒

Just withdrew my A as well. Good luck to everyone still waiting

• Care
does anyone have tips on how to write a great update letter and increase my chances of getting off the WL here! any help would be appreciated.

I saw the waitlist email and almost threw up lol 262 people on the waitlist?! o_O

Reactions: 2 users
I saw the waitlist email and almost threw up lol 262 people on the waitlist?! o_O
i honestly thought that was pretty good because there's schools with like 500 people on the WL that don't even tell you your relative spot. with this one it's nice to at least know which half even thought that's still not all that helpful haha

What position of the WLs have been offered? Do we know if they offer WLs in tiers?

dang i hope i get a good position :( I am surprised they sent this email out though, cus i thought they would wait for may 2

Do u mind sharing ur stats or LM ?
I’m out of state, but went to college in MD so close ties. MCAT 511 first try, 52X retake. GPA 3.90 (both cumulative and science)

Last edited:
For the record, there are 136 people in the admitted student GC. 5 people including myself were added today and yesterday.

Reactions: 3 users
What does it mean if I didnt get any email regarding tiers? 😭 Is that just rejection?

What does it mean if I didnt get any email regarding tiers? 😭 Is that just rejection?
That def seems like an error. Are you sure it didn’t go to junk mail? It wouldn’t hurt to ask about it in an email if you can’t find it