You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Maryland
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1115486
Nvm it seems like the lock is not a good sign LOOL
MotorLover
Full Member
Yea their interview season is over. It's all pre-ii R's from hereNvm it seems like the lock is not a good sign LOOL
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got a pre-II R 3/9.
Best of luck to all who will be matriculating!!
Best of luck to all who will be matriculating!!
soaring885
Full Member
Still waiting after interview in Feb too…Did anyone interview in early February and not hear back yet? Does Maryland do post II rejections?
medicalhopeful1
Full Member
yeah I got one. Was rejected earlier in the week.anyone get the baltimore acct information email?
MotorLover
Full Member
if any of you end up going to this school, make sure you eat at Ekiben
D
deleted1115486
Have the lock and "Under Review" status, and I wish they'd just send all the pre-II R's already..so weird
+1Just got WL, interviewed mid February
soaring885
Full Member
Also got waitlisted about 20 min ago. Does anyone know what the chances of getting off the WL are like?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
green_pepper
New Member
I'm guessing I'm pre-II R, but still holding out for hope haha. In the document section, my LORs just got 'downloaded' on March 8th, when I know for sure that it originally said 'downloaded in July' when I first submitted my secondaries? Has this happened to anyone?
D
deleted1115486
Same here, my LORs were 'downloaded' around the same time as yours, when they initially said downloaded in july hahaI'm guessing I'm pre-II R, but still holding out for hope haha. In the document section, my LORs just got 'downloaded' on March 8th, when I know for sure that it originally said 'downloaded in July' when I first submitted my secondaries? Has this happened to anyone?
they send an email in May to confirm WL + tell you if you're in the top or bottom half from what i read in prev yearsDoes UMaryland send out waitlist notifications in the order of the waitlist or can you potentially get shuffled in higher on the list while receiving an email later? Also do they make a “top of waitlist” distinction in the email? Thanks!
sleepymed99
Full Member
Pre-II R today. I had the lock on my portal before this
D
deleted1115486
+1Pre-II R today. I had the lock on my portal before this
+2 that’s a wrap
premedhopeful1013
Full Member
+3+2 that’s a wrap
delicious_guineapig
Full Member
Does anybody have any news on financial aid packages? Thank you!
delicious_guineapig
Full Member
Answering my own question lol, I emailed financial aid requesting updates.Does anybody have any news on financial aid packages? Thank you!
Their response: I was told that you should receive your award package in the next week. The email will come from [email protected]. You can also send an email to that address if you have additional questions.
Not entirely sure if this will translate to everyone accepted. For reference, I interviewed in early Nov, accepted in late Nov. Hope it helps!
justkeepswimming2022
Full Member
i think there will be waitlist movement after the 15th!are the chances slim of getting off the waitlist 🙁
i think there will be waitlist movement after the 15th!
think in May thats when they said they'll get back to us, but also WL movement is pretty low looking at previous years 🙁are the chances slim of getting off the waitlist 🙁
Definitely helps! Financial Aid didn't even answer my email 😒Answering my own question lol, I emailed financial aid requesting updates.
Their response: I was told that you should receive your award package in the next week. The email will come from [email protected]. You can also send an email to that address if you have additional questions.
Not entirely sure if this will translate to everyone accepted. For reference, I interviewed in early Nov, accepted in late Nov. Hope it helps!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
delicious_guineapig
Full Member
Withdrew my A. I hope it goes to one of you future doctors!
Just withdrew my A as well. Good luck to everyone still waiting
i honestly thought that was pretty good because there's schools with like 500 people on the WL that don't even tell you your relative spot. with this one it's nice to at least know which half even thought that's still not all that helpful hahaI saw the waitlist email and almost threw up lol 262 people on the waitlist?! 😵
idontgetcyms
Full Member
what waitlist email? i didnt get one.. my portal only has the one that tells me im WLedI saw the waitlist email and almost threw up lol 262 people on the waitlist?! 😵
idontgetcyms
Full Member
What position of the WLs have been offered? Do we know if they offer WLs in tiers?
idontgetcyms
Full Member
did they offer both to the batch that was released last week?They should let you know whether you are in the top half or bottom half.
idontgetcyms
Full Member
dang i hope i get a good position 🙁 I am surprised they sent this email out though, cus i thought they would wait for may 2
I got told i was in the bottom halfYep they did for the top, idk if they let you know if you were in the second half:/
siloaddict
Full Member
Any news?
soaring885
Full Member
Just got the call!! 🎊
siloaddict
Full Member
Congrats!!! Did you get the email about being top tier or low tier? I am still waiting for that email ):Just got the call!! 🎊
soaring885
Full Member
I got an email last week saying I’m top halfCongrats!!! Did you get the email about being top tier or low tier? I am still waiting for that email ):
soaring885
Full Member
I’m out of state, but went to college in MD so close ties. MCAT 511 first try, 52X retake. GPA 3.90 (both cumulative and science)Do u mind sharing ur stats or LM ?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
soaring885
Full Member
For the record, there are 136 people in the admitted student GC. 5 people including myself were added today and yesterday.
siloaddict
Full Member
What does it mean if I didnt get any email regarding tiers? 😭 Is that just rejection?
soaring885
Full Member
That def seems like an error. Are you sure it didn’t go to junk mail? It wouldn’t hurt to ask about it in an email if you can’t find itWhat does it mean if I didnt get any email regarding tiers? 😭 Is that just rejection?
Congrats!! I wonder what is the typical class size?For the record, there are 136 people in the admitted student GC. 5 people including myself were added today and yesterday.
Around 150 per MSARCongrats!! I wonder what is the typical class size?