You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Maryland
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
siloaddict
Full Member
How long does UMaryland take to give out decisions post II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
very quickly, 4 weeks max ~2 week average. I got mine back in 2 weeks, which is what my interviewer had said was gonna happen.How long does UMaryland take to give out decisions post II?
I haven't heard back yet and I interviewed late Jan, but on my interview day they said 4-6 weeks.very quickly, 4 weeks max ~2 week average. I got mine back in 2 weeks, which is what my interviewer had said was gonna happen.
siloaddict
Full Member
Same!I haven't heard back yet and I interviewed late Jan, but on my interview day they said 4-6 weeks.
Does anyone else have the interview status in the application status tab with a mini combination lock picture? It's at the very bottom, right underneath the application file complete text. I'm wondering what this means?
I have that too! And under notes it says “Under Review”. I didn’t have this before. Does it mean anything?Does anyone else have the interview status in the application status tab with a mini combination lock picture? It's at the very bottom, right underneath the application file complete text. I'm wondering what this means?
I havent heard anything from them. And I still have nothing, so honestly who knowsDoes anyone else have the interview status in the application status tab with a mini combination lock picture? It's at the very bottom, right underneath the application file complete text. I'm wondering what this means?
There’s 3 column headers on the status page. “application category”, “application status” and “notes”Where is “notes” on the portal?
I haven’t gotten an II 🙁For those that got the lock, when did you guys interview. Also I don’t have a notes tab??
siloaddict
Full Member
Waitlist too ):
Agreed! It’s so deflating!I lowkey think they were interviewing for the waitlist (which has 200 seats).... I did really (really!) well on my interview two months ago and got waitlisted. Didn't hear about any As since then.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
siloaddict
Full Member
I agree. My friend interviewed there back in Fall and heard by in 2 weeks with an A.. I thought I did really well in the interview too and was really looking forward to this school.I lowkey think they were interviewing for the waitlist (which has 200 seats).... I did really (really!) well on my interview two months ago and got waitlisted. Didn't hear about any As since then.
I have another school that accepted me but this was my first choice and I really wanted this one. I am not sure how to deal with the emotions ):
Any tips?
premedenergy
New Member
Did anyone interview in early February and not hear back yet? Does Maryland do post II rejections?
siloaddict
Full Member
😭😭😭I would just take it in stride. They accept about 20 ppl off the waitlist, so I wouldn't hope too much. 🙁
Pre-II R, had been on hold (OOS). Good luck y'all 🙂
Did you guys all have the locks?
pre-II R just now. It is a shame. And I mean that in the best way. Good luck to those on WL
Dr.StevieBrule
Full Member
Any word on what the lock means? Not holding out hope, but curious
I think it means cycle is complete. No more invites going outAny word on what the lock means? Not holding out hope, but curious
Dr.StevieBrule
Full Member
This late in the cycle, it wouldn't surprise me. Only thing that makes me think it means something else is that when people first started talking about it, I did not have the lock. Now I have one.I think it means cycle is complete. No more invites going out
I didn’t check when mine appeared but I currently have it. I called them on Friday and they told me their cycle had wrapped up that very day. So that’s why I think the locks mean no more invitations will be going out.This late in the cycle, it wouldn't surprise me. Only thing that makes me think it means something else is that when people first started talking about it, I did not have the lock. Now I have one.
Dr.StevieBrule
Full Member
Ah I see, thanks for the update!I didn’t check when mine appeared but I currently have it. I called them on Friday and they told me their cycle had wrapped up that very day. So that’s why I think the locks mean no more invitations will be going out.
I still don't have a lock. Assuming they're updating in batches if they're done?
Yeah, I dont have one either. Its so weirdI still don't have a lock. Assuming they're updating in batches if they're done?
Wondering this too. Interviewed in late Jan but still haven’t heard back.Did anyone interview in early February and not hear back yet? Does Maryland do post II rejections?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premedenergy
New Member
Maybe the committee meets next week to discuss us… at least we’ll get an answer soon 🤞Wondering this too. Interviewed in late Jan but still haven’t heard back.
soaring885
Full Member
Are any of you getting issues connecting to the Amp portal? 👀
D
deleted1115486
OOS and complete silence apart from a “hold” email in January. Are they still sending interview invites?
I know people have been talking about the locks, does it say "under review" next to everyone else's? I can't find any info online about how long they interview until
I don't think the lock is a good thing. One person before said they got a Pre-II R after getting a lock. But that was n=1, idk about other people. I'm still waiting to hear anything past the "active review" email.I know people have been talking about the locks, does it say "under review" next to everyone else's? I can't find any info online about how long they interview until
i called them on the 25th of last month and they said their cycle had wrapped up, then shortly after that the locks came in.I know people have been talking about the locks, does it say "under review" next to everyone else's? I can't find any info online about how long they interview until
premedenergy
New Member
Are we thinking folks waiting to hear back will know today?
soaring885
Full Member
They usually release on a Tuesday so… yes 😭Are we thinking folks waiting to hear back will know today?
MotorLover
Full Member
What do you guys mean by a lock? I don't see anything different in my portal. I'm still waiting for a pre-II R or a II (lol)
+1Just received the Pre-II R and previously had the "lock" with "active review" icon next to my interview status. Hope that gives some insight into the mysterious lock icon questions
MotorLover
Full Member
Where do I see interview status? I just see "App Submitted", "Fee Paid Status", "Letter of References", and "Application File Complete" all with green check marks.
Yeah I dont have it either. People said the cycle was over so I honestly dont know if its just that they havent gotten to me or something elseWhere do I see interview status? I just see "App Submitted", "Fee Paid Status", "Letter of References", and "Application File Complete" all with green check marks.
MotorLover
Full Member
maybe they spilled coffee on our applicationYeah I dont have it either. People said the cycle was over so I honestly dont know if its just that they havent gotten to me or something else
glutenfreee
Full Member
Expected pre-II R came today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1115486
Ah I am sorry friend, when were you complete? 🙁 IS or OOS?Expected pre-II R came today
If they're actually not sending out any more II, I wonder why they don't just mass send a pre-II R to everyone already 😢 Let me rip off the band-aid
glutenfreee
Full Member
IS!Ah I am sorry friend, when were you complete? 🙁 IS or OOS?
soaring885
Full Member
Yeah what I’ve gathered is there’s just a trickle of pre-II R coming out? And correct me if I’m wrong but there hasn’t been any post-II decisions posted in the past few weeks either…If they're actually not sending out any more II, I wonder why they don't just mass send a pre-II R to everyone already 😢 Let me rip off the band-aid
MotorLover
Full Member
I emailed Maryland, they said there's no interviews left and everyone who hasn't gotten a decision will receive official correspondence soon.