2021-2022 Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dumb question, but does Maryland send Post-II R's in the same timeframe as A's and WL's? I don't see any post-II R's reported this year (obviously could just be reporting bias), but I interviewed around a month ago and was hoping that a longer wait wouldn't necessarily indicate a rejection lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I got active consideration email in January. No update since that email. I am IN state and from University of Maryland with 508 MCAT and 3.8 GPA. Do I have any hope of II?

Hi all! I interviewed this month and wanted to send a letter of intent, I really loved my interview experience and would 100% go here. Has anyone had experience with sending LOIs here, any luck? Please lmk!

Members don't see this ad :)
How long does UMaryland take to give out decisions post II?
very quickly, 4 weeks max ~2 week average. I got mine back in 2 weeks, which is what my interviewer had said was gonna happen.

very quickly, 4 weeks max ~2 week average. I got mine back in 2 weeks, which is what my interviewer had said was gonna happen.
I haven't heard back yet and I interviewed late Jan, but on my interview day they said 4-6 weeks.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone else have the interview status in the application status tab with a mini combination lock picture? It's at the very bottom, right underneath the application file complete text. I'm wondering what this means?

Does anyone else have the interview status in the application status tab with a mini combination lock picture? It's at the very bottom, right underneath the application file complete text. I'm wondering what this means?
I have that too! And under notes it says “Under Review”. I didn’t have this before. Does it mean anything?

I havent heard anything from them. And I still have nothing, so honestly who knows

For those that got the lock, when did you guys interview. Also I don’t have a notes tab??

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 2/2 and just got waitlisted :(

I lowkey think they were interviewing for the waitlist (which has 200 seats).... I did really (really!) well on my interview two months ago and got waitlisted. Didn't hear about any As since then.
Agreed! It’s so deflating!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I lowkey think they were interviewing for the waitlist (which has 200 seats).... I did really (really!) well on my interview two months ago and got waitlisted. Didn't hear about any As since then.
I agree. My friend interviewed there back in Fall and heard by in 2 weeks with an A.. I thought I did really well in the interview too and was really looking forward to this school.

I have another school that accepted me but this was my first choice and I really wanted this one. I am not sure how to deal with the emotions ):

Any tips?

• Care
  • Sad
Did anyone interview in early February and not hear back yet? Does Maryland do post II rejections?

Pre-II R, complete late July. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

pre-II R just now. It is a shame. And I mean that in the best way. Good luck to those on WL

• Care
I think it means cycle is complete. No more invites going out
This late in the cycle, it wouldn't surprise me. Only thing that makes me think it means something else is that when people first started talking about it, I did not have the lock. Now I have one.

This late in the cycle, it wouldn't surprise me. Only thing that makes me think it means something else is that when people first started talking about it, I did not have the lock. Now I have one.
I didn’t check when mine appeared but I currently have it. I called them on Friday and they told me their cycle had wrapped up that very day. So that’s why I think the locks mean no more invitations will be going out.

I didn’t check when mine appeared but I currently have it. I called them on Friday and they told me their cycle had wrapped up that very day. So that’s why I think the locks mean no more invitations will be going out.
Ah I see, thanks for the update!

I still don't have a lock. Assuming they're updating in batches if they're done?

Are any of you getting issues connecting to the Amp portal? 👀

OOS and complete silence apart from a “hold” email in January. Are they still sending interview invites?

I know people have been talking about the locks, does it say "under review" next to everyone else's? I can't find any info online about how long they interview until

I know people have been talking about the locks, does it say "under review" next to everyone else's? I can't find any info online about how long they interview until
I don't think the lock is a good thing. One person before said they got a Pre-II R after getting a lock. But that was n=1, idk about other people. I'm still waiting to hear anything past the "active review" email.

i called them on the 25th of last month and they said their cycle had wrapped up, then shortly after that the locks came in.

What do you guys mean by a lock? I don't see anything different in my portal. I'm still waiting for a pre-II R or a II (lol)

Just received the Pre-II R and previously had the "lock" with "active review" icon next to my interview status. Hope that gives some insight into the mysterious lock icon questions

Where do I see interview status? I just see "App Submitted", "Fee Paid Status", "Letter of References", and "Application File Complete" all with green check marks.

Where do I see interview status? I just see "App Submitted", "Fee Paid Status", "Letter of References", and "Application File Complete" all with green check marks.
Yeah I dont have it either. People said the cycle was over so I honestly dont know if its just that they havent gotten to me or something else

Yeah I dont have it either. People said the cycle was over so I honestly dont know if its just that they havent gotten to me or something else
maybe they spilled coffee on our application

If they're actually not sending out any more II, I wonder why they don't just mass send a pre-II R to everyone already :cryi: Let me rip off the band-aid

Reactions: 2 users
If they're actually not sending out any more II, I wonder why they don't just mass send a pre-II R to everyone already :cryi: Let me rip off the band-aid
Yeah what I’ve gathered is there’s just a trickle of pre-II R coming out? And correct me if I’m wrong but there hasn’t been any post-II decisions posted in the past few weeks either…