2021-2022 Miami

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else apply to the MD/MBA program? Are the interviews deprecate or together?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So when are they going to refund me for the application they never even scored?

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Has anyone who got an acceptance call on Wednesday gotten a follow up email since? Not sure if there's something I should be doing (like reserving my spot in class/choosing between md and md/mph) that I am missing

Has anyone who got an acceptance call on Wednesday gotten a follow up email since? Not sure if there's something I should be doing (like reserving my spot in class/choosing between md and md/mph) that I am missing
I only got a short acceptance email the following morning that said something about writing back to accept our position but I haven't seen anything about how to do that lol so I'm also not sure about what we should be doing

Reactions: 1 users
I only got a short acceptance email the following morning that said something about writing back to accept our position but I haven't seen anything about how to do that lol so I'm also not sure about what we should be doing
I eventually got a letter in the mail with slightly more instructions, but it basically boils down to sending an email to their admissions email saying you accept the acceptance.

Reactions: 3 users
I eventually got a letter in the mail with slightly more instructions, but it basically boils down to sending an email to their admissions email saying you accept the acceptance.
Oooo okay will definitely keep an eye out for that then. Thank you!!

Reactions: 3 users
does miami have an interview tracker of sorts? this is my number 1 but I am starting to feel like there are not many more II spots remaining.

Accepted to start MD program fall '22, got the phone call 11/3 (not over the more recent committee dates). Congrats to everyone who has gotten accepted so far! Also accepted to other programs, so not sure where I will choose, but I am seriously considering going to Miami. Does anyone have thoughts on some pros and cons as I continue to think things over? Considering MD/MBA, neurobio undergrad from the University of Wisconsin, happy also to chat about my admission experience if anyone is curious.

curious to know about the culture at Miller from current students. I'm not someone that likes to go out drinking/partying and am worried that I might not find my "group of people" if I were to attend since Miami has a huge party scene (from what I've heard at least). would love to hear thoughts from current students!!

is anyone still "under review" and not scored. Has been like this probably forever. Does this mean anything? Frustrating lol

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
is anyone still "under review" and not scored. Has been like this probably forever. Does this mean anything? Frustrating lol
Yep lol. I don't think it means anything really because someone has definitely looked at our applications at this point but it doesn't seem like everyone gets marked as scored.

I checked mine yesterday and it said it was scored. I did not get an email notifying me of that though. I'm thinking it may be a bad thing since I haven't heard anything about an interview invitation.

I checked mine yesterday and it said it was scored. I did not get an email notifying me of that though. I'm thinking it may be a bad thing since I haven't heard anything about an interview invitation.
when were you complete?

Hey I’m interviewing on Jan 7 and I was wondering if anyone had a resources or knows a post that covers what the interview is like and what questions they ask. It’s my first interview and also my top choice so any advice is appreciated lol. Thanks

I'm trying to access the diversity/need scholarship application but the page isn't working. Has anybody else had luck accessing this, and/or has any other admitted student received a CaneLink login required to apply for aid?

I'm trying to access the diversity/need scholarship application but the page isn't working. Has anybody else had luck accessing this, and/or has any other admitted student received a CaneLink login required to apply for aid?
I was able to fill out the diversity/need scholarship app via the link they provide on the financial aid website but it does seem to be down at the moment. Maybe try emailing them to let them know?

I haven't received any CaneLink login info but I would assume that they send CaneLink credentials in the spring? As of now, I think the only thing we need to do is submit the fafsa and the scholarship app. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong though.

• Care
accepted! letter was sent but never got a call or email lol

if there is a groupme pls message me link :)

i feel like i should also mention that i was placed on alternate list before the A

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
accepted! letter was sent but never got a call or email lol

if there is a groupme pls message me link :)

i feel like i should also mention that i was placed on alternate list before the A
Congrats! has it updated in the portal for you?

Congrats! has it updated in the portal for you?
nope just says "We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly. Contact the admissions office at 305-243-3234 or [email protected] if you do not receive a telephone call, an e-mail or a letter within seven days."

Hey yall, Im currently on the WL. I have a service heavy update: two bigger projects started in November and December, and then 2 smaller projects I did leading up to the big December project throughout Sept-Nov.

Is this worth sending to Miami? Should I send it now before the upcoming decision date or should I wait a little longer so that its "stronger" due to more longevity? This would be the only update I send, nothing more I could add after this.

I'm sorry if this was asked before and I missed it but does Miami accept (pre-II) update letters? I don't see a spot for it on the portal and couldn't find anything on the website.

can u imagine if schools were required to send timely decisions to applicants

miami's whole career would be over

• Haha
curious to know about the culture at Miller from current students. I'm not someone that likes to go out drinking/partying and am worried that I might not find my "group of people" if I were to attend since Miami has a huge party scene (from what I've heard at least). would love to hear thoughts from current students!!
^bumping this- genuinely curious haha

im not particularly into the whole drinking/partying thing either and it hasn't been an issue at all. the class including the MD/MPH peeps totals around 200 so its basically impossible that you won't find a group of friends that are similar in interests. There's tons of stuff to do in miami that don't involve drinking/partying so I really wouldn't be too concerned about it

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Is miami offering in-person tours/planning a second look day? From the app it seems like just a list of links and videos

Does anyone know when the next decisions are going to be made? During my interview day they told us Jan 4th or 5th but so far nothing

Does anyone know when the next decisions are going to be made? During my interview day they told us Jan 4th or 5th but so far nothing
1/12 afaik, the Hub app has the dates under the "Planning the Interview" section

Is there an admissions tracker anywhere? To see the total number of interviews and acceptances thus far? I know schools like Michigan and Colorado have them online but I'm guessing that Miami does not, given their opacity in the other facets of the process thus far.

Anyone complete in July and still under review? :(

Reactions: 9 users
IS II today! My application review was complete in late December and just now heard from the school.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I was accepted to the MBA program today as part of the MD/MBA program but I'm still on the alternate list for MD (II 10/22). anyone else in a similar boat?

Does anybody have an idea of what percentage of applicants interviewed are accepted?

I was accepted to the MBA program today as part of the MD/MBA program but I'm still on the alternate list for MD (II 10/22). anyone else in a similar boat?
Accepted to MBA too, but my MD hasn't even been scored yet

What was the process of applying to the MBA program? Did you take the GRE/GMAT or get it waived? You can't reuse LORs I'm assuming?

What was the process of applying to the MBA program? Did you take the GRE/GMAT or get it waived? You can't reuse LORs I'm assuming?
it's waived. there was an info session about it sometime end of October but you basically apply through businessCAS and it's an MD/MBA specific app. just a personal statement and diversity essay. you only need one LOR and I asked someone who already wrote me one for the MD app and it was fine.

Accepted to MBA too, but my MD hasn't even been scored yet
have you received any further info about the MBA program? they said they would send some official admissions letter but I haven't gotten anything

this happened to me as well. also on hold since october. hopefully it means we got in lol