2021-2022 Minnesota, Twin Cities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how many students have been accepted as of now?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how many students have been accepted as of now?
As of Jan 12, “over 100” acceptances had been sent out. Last year they gave us more specific estimates when we interviewed, so someone who interviewed recently may know better.

If I interviewed December 14th, is this interview likely for a waitlist spot or was I still inverviewing for a possible acceptance? Anyone happen to know?

Members don't see this ad :)
If I interviewed December 14th, is this interview likely for a waitlist spot or was I still inverviewing for a possible acceptance? Anyone happen to know?
I can’t 100% confirm, but considering Dec 14 wasn’t even 2/3 of the way through interview dates, I’m pretty certain there will still be As to spare.

Reactions: 1 user
I can’t 100% confirm, but considering Dec 14 wasn’t even 2/3 of the way through interview dates, I’m pretty certain there will still be As to spare.
I guess, I guess. Just really hard to not doubt myself during this wait. Thanks for that

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how many ppl the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities usually place on their waitlist? Or if there is a maximum?

Does anyone know if they are still sending IIs or are they nearing the end of their interview cycle?

Does anyone know if they are still sending IIs or are they nearing the end of their interview cycle?
Interviews go through the end of February! Last time someone posted an II on this thread, they were scheduling early February. I think there are still a few more IIs to go around, but we are definitely nearing the end.

Does anyone know how many ppl the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities usually place on their waitlist? Or if there is a maximum?
Also wondering this. Would be curious as to how many people usually get off the waitlist?

Also wondering this. Would be curious as to how many people usually get off the waitlist?

I don't think anyone outside of the admissions office knows the true answer to these questions. If I had to venture a guess, I don't think they have a specific number for the initial WL. Anyone who is potentially admissible could be placed on it. Once they directly accept/release some folks in April and move to the ranked alternate list, I believe they rank somewhere between 70-100 applicants.

In terms of total WL movement, if I remember correctly, MSAR lists a range of 30-70 acceptances offered from the WL. Last year, however, I don't think any more than 10 people were accepted from the WL. Once the ranked alternate list came out, they only got to #2. This is not to alarm anyone--last year was very weird and I think they will try to correct for it this year--there is just a very large range of movement, and its difficult to predict.

I hope everyone is hanging in there. I know this part of the cycle was particularly challenging for me. My DMs are always open if I can help with anything!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 users
Got the call and was accepted this afternoon! IS and interviewed 10/28.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody who recently interviewed know how many seats are left?

Are there any current medical students who wouldn’t mind messaging privately so I can ask a few questions about the school ?

Accepted this afternoon!! IS, re-applicant with low MCAT, interviewed 11/2!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Accepted this evening via e-mail. Interviewed 11/2. IS. See you guys in August.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Looks like those who interviewed in early/mid December will hear back around March 15th based on previous years threads.

what about people who interviewed like yesterday?
Did they say how many seats were available after your interview? I’d say most likely early February interviewers are interviewing for the waitlist decision in late April/early May. Here’s the thread.

last year the entire spring was anomalous though, just FYI
Yeah i’d expect it to be a little better this time around, but 2021 is the closest thing to compare too with Covid.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone who has interviewed recently know how many acceptances have gone out?

Any word on if the revisit days in March will be in person or virtual?
They are still hoping to have it in person, but they are ready to go fully virtual pending the ongoing COVID situation.

Nearly all of our courses are still being moved to Zoom, so I wouldn’t bet on it being in person, but we’ll see!

For those of us who interviewed early December, when should we expect to hear back?

10-12 weeks after your interview date. So I guess anytime between now and mid March?
I am at the 14-week mark of not hearing anything since my interview... I hope for quicker response times for December interviewers!

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
I am at the 14-week mark of not hearing anything since my interview... I hope for quicker response times for December interviewers!
I am at the 14-week mark as well, but it would be the 15th soon for you by now. Have u heard anything?

Anyone know how long we should wait before sending them an email to ask for an update? They said we should hear back 10-12 weeks.

Does MN rank their WL and let us know? Interviewed 12/8 haven’t heard anything but just curious!

I am at the 14-week mark as well, but it would be the 15th soon for you by now. Have u heard anything?

Anyone know how long we should wait before sending them an email to ask for an update? They said we should hear back 10-12 weeks.
I still haven't heard back.. I am also wondering when would be appropriate to send an email.

Does MN rank their WL and let us know? Interviewed 12/8 haven’t heard anything but just curious!
The current WL is sort of ranked. In April, they will look at the WL and accept a few people with the highest scores and release some people with lower scores. Everyone in the middle will be put on a ranked alternate list, and at that time they will tell you your specific number.

I still haven't heard back.. I am also wondering when would be appropriate to send an email.
Really hoping you guys hear back soon. You can definitely send an email, but it’s unlikely to change anything. They may be able to give you an updated timeline though.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone who has interviewed recently know how many acceptances have gone out?
I just recently got an II and the email mentioned that they have sent out acceptance for over half of their available seats.

Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II R today, better luck next time! Congratulations to everyone who will be starting in the Fall!

• Care
Sooo does anyone know what the dating scene is like in Minneapolis? Especially for POC?

Sooo does anyone know what the dating scene is like in Minneapolis? Especially for POC?
lol wrong thread? I think you were looking for the Tinder thread, they may be able to find you a date a bit easier than us :) lmao

lol wrong thread? I think you were looking for the Tinder thread, they may be able to find you a date a bit easier than us :) lmao
Haha there's a Tinder/dating thread? I asked this question here since some current students might be lurking :rofl:

I’m also amazed by the array of forums on this website. For the past year, I thought there was only preallo