2021-2022 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM-Jonesboro)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys!
I am supposed to respond to NYIT regarding their acceptance offer this Sunday, but I wanted to hear back from other places too.
Am I supposed to accept the offer and submit the deposit and then wait?
Or is that deposit considered a done deal and I can not wait for other schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys!
I am supposed to respond to NYIT regarding their acceptance offer this Sunday, but I wanted to hear back from other places too.
Am I supposed to accept the offer and submit the deposit and then wait?
Or is that deposit considered a done deal and I can not wait for other schools?
You can always give the deposit but if you decide to forfeit your seat, you will not get your money back.

You can always give the deposit but if you decide to forfeit your seat, you will not get your money back.
Thanks! Do you know if other schools would know that I have deposited for a school?
The other schools are just taking their time post interview, and I got another II for later this month.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Do you know if other schools would know that I have deposited for a school?
The other schools are just taking their time post interview, and I got another II for later this month.
I actually don’t know. I don’t think so but you should confirm that for sure! Also how long did it take for you to hear back from
NYITCOM. I just interviewed there last week

I actually don’t know. I don’t think so but you should confirm that for sure! Also how long did it take for you to hear back from
I interviewed 11/9 and got the offer 12/16.
I felt ok after my interview but my interviewer was not very open about how I was doing lol.
She was just asking question one after the other.
Don't worry, you got this! :)

I felt ok after my interview but my interviewer was not very open about how I was doing lol.
Thanks so much! My interviewer did express that he thought I would be a good fit and that he hopes to see me next year so fingers crossed that’s a good sign! Best of luck at your other interviews!!

Reactions: 1 user
T
that is how I felt… but I haven’t gotten an offer yet though.

They will not know until later on in the cycle.

AACOMAS Traffic Guidelines:
Starting April 1, osteopathic medical colleges are asked to report to AACOMAS the names and identification of candidates who have paid a deposit, hold a position at an osteopathic medical college entering class or both. After May 15, AACOMAS reports to each institution the names and candidates for its entering class who hold an acceptance(s) at additional institutions. An osteopathic medical college may rescind an offer of admissions to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions. If the osteopathic medical college chooses to withdraw the candidate from the entering class, the college must give the candidate a minimum 15-day notice. After the 15-day notice, if the candidate does not respond and is withdrawn from a college, the deposit is forfeited, and the seat may be given to another candidate. Therefore, prior to May 15, applicants need to withdraw from any college(s) which they do not plan to attend and only hold a position at one COM to avoid having positions withdrawn.

Did anyone else get an email asking if they were open to the arkansas campus? I put my preference as the new york campus but would consider the arkansas campus.

Did anyone else get an email asking if they were open to the arkansas campus? I put my preference as the new york campus but would consider the arkansas campus.
I wonder if this means that the seats of filling up at the OW campus. You should probably ask this on that thread

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I interviewed on 11/29 and was accepted on 12/16. It seems like most people heard within a month.

Reactions: 1 users
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:
In the alphabetical school list, this school should be listed as NYIT-AR for Arkansas rather than AK for Alaska...unless I missed that one!

In the alphabetical school list, this school should be listed as NYIT-AR for Arkansas rather than AK for Alaska...unless I missed that one!
You mean you didn’t know about their campus in Alaska?? Thank you for the heads up, I went ahead and edited it :).

Waitlisted as well…

How is their waitlist movement? Anyone know…

Waitlisted as well…

How is their waitlist movement? Anyone know…
I do. I was waitlisted last cycle as well. The bulk of the movement occurred in April and May with some movement in June and July. I knew someone who was accepted 3 days before orientation.

I do. I was waitlisted last cycle as well. The bulk of the movement occurred in April and May with some movement in June and July. I knew someone who was accepted 3 days before orientation.
so then there will be no movement next month or in march ?

so then there will be no movement next month or in march ?
Not necessarily. It all depends on whether or not someone decides to withdraw their acceptance(s) at any given moment. People can get accepted of the waitlist at anytime. However, due to the AACOMAS trafficking rules, students who hold more than one acceptance have to narrow down their choices as the cycle progresses. And by May— they have to commit to only 1 program. That is the main reason why there’s a lot of movement around that timeframe.

Not necessarily. It all depends on whether or not someone decides to withdraw their acceptance(s) at any given moment. People can get accepted of the waitlist at anytime. However, due to the AACOMAS trafficking rules, students who hold more than one acceptance have to narrow down their choices as the cycle progresses. And by May— they have to commit to only 1 program. That is the main reason why there’s a lot of movement around that timeframe.
AHH okay makes more sense ! Thank you for the update !

Does NYITCOM send post-interview rejections?
Also wondering this... I interviewed in late Oct and was waitlisted when they had open seats. I'm thinking that it might be a soft R for early interviewers. I hope I'm wrong about this!

Also wondering this... I interviewed in late Oct and was waitlisted when they had open seats. I'm thinking that it might be a soft R for early interviewers. I hope I'm wrong about this!
when did you get your WL email?

I do not think a waitlist would be considered as a soft R, but I could be wrong. I know some schools only interview applicants that are really wanted, so NYITCOM might be one of those where they want us all but of course can't so... LOL

I do not think a waitlist would be considered as a soft R, but I could be wrong. I know some schools only interview applicants that are really wanted, so NYITCOM might be one of those where they want us all but of course can't so... LOL
Honestly, I wouldn't listen to myself right now haha. You're probably right and we both might get As soon. The process is just so nerve wracking that sometimes you feel so down.

When was your waitlist?
1/20.

Honestly, I wouldn't listen to myself right now haha. You're probably right and we both might get As soon. The process is just so nerve wracking that sometimes you feel so down.
I totally understand how you are feeling!!!!!

• Care
does everyone who have not heard back post-II get placed on the waitlist?

Anybody else having trouble uploading their COVID vaccine documents?
The admissions office said the portal to upload the covid vaccination records is down right now, but they will let us know when it’s ready.

I got waitlisted :(

I know NYITCOM accepts academic updates but does anyone know if they accept a letter of intent? Also who would I email if they do?

I got waitlisted :(

I know NYITCOM accepts academic updates but does anyone know if they accept a letter of intent? Also who would I email if they do?
When did you interview? And sending a letter of intent wouldn’t hurt I think it would be good. I would email the NYIT-COM admissions email or the email that sent you the admissions decision.

I know it's not good to send Letter of Intent until closer to May.