2021-2022 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank You so much for your contributions! Turns out I was the one who made the mistake. Just a question- is this available to all USNWR subscribers? Like if I bought a USNWR sub right now, could I be able to access all of this as well?
yep!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know what time Friday we will receive our initial decisions?
Also, do we get a phone call if we're accepted? Either last year or the year before, I saw all accepted students received a call.

Anyone know what time Friday we will receive our initial decisions?
Also, do we get a phone call if we're accepted? Either last year or the year before, I saw all accepted students received a call.
oh i was under the impression we have to check vitals to see it no matter what the result is, i didn't realize they've called before

Members don't see this ad :)
oh i was under the impression we have to check vitals to see it no matter what the result is, i didn't realize they've called before
You can look at the choose your medical school tab on AMCAS that will sometimes show it up to a day early

All decisions are on vitals, but at least some acceptees were also called in the past.

Reactions: 1 user
Was just emailed an A! Good luck everybody! VITALS portal doesn't show it yet, though.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
emailed A!! not on VITALS yet

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Received the email as well! Still trying to convince myself it’s real. I’m beyond excited :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
No email, 6AM vitals update, Accepted!

II on 8/20, interview on 9/22, ORM, LM 77, OOS
Dean called and confirmed.

To be honest my vitals might have updated earlier and I just noticed because there was 0 font or paragraph style change.

My interviews literally could not have gone better but I assumed I was rejected since I never we got an email last night and spend the whole night in such anxiety lol.

I literally had nightmares that one of my ex friends or actual ex's called them to complain about me and they started an investigation into me haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all those who were accepted!

Reactions: 3 users
Dean just called me and my friend (Dr. Rankin). Mentioned that I had no email and she just said "don't worry we weren't about to leave you out".

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Can you please tell us when you interviewed?
And is a deferred state similar to being wait-listed?
If you are deferred your app gets re-evaluated every 2 weeks and they decide to either A, R or keep you on the deferred list. Deferred list turns into wait list in April I believe

Can you please tell us when you interviewed?
And is a deferred state similar to being wait-listed?
I interviewed late September. Based on the website, deferral is similar to a waitlist. However, the admissions committee will still review your application every 2 weeks in a “deferral”.

To hold a seat, we just have to click on the "confirm my acceptance" on the right side right?

Interviewed on 9/17
I think they said you have to be interviewed at least two weeks before Oct. 15th to receive a decision today.

Last edited:
Accepted! Recieved email late last night and call early this morning. OOS interviewed early September.

• Love
Received an II this morning! complete 9/7!

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if OSU accepts update letters and if so, where to submit?

Does anyone know if OSU accepts update letters and if so, where to submit?
OSU does accept update letters and you send it to the email address provided on VITALS

Updates: Please note that we accept updates to your application only in electronic format as an attachment to an email. Updates should be sent to [email protected]. Please list "Application Update" along your name and AMCAS ID number in the subject line.

Last edited:
OSU does accept update letters and you send it to the email address provided on VITALS

Updates: Please note that we accept updates to your application only in electronic format as an attachment to an email. Updates should be sent to [email protected]. Please list "Application Update" along your name and AMCAS ID number in the subject line.
Thank you!

I was told by my interviewer that OSU gives out 5 Full tuition scholarships and 5 half-tuition scholarships each year. Anyone know when they are awarded?

I was told by my interviewer that OSU gives out 5 Full tuition scholarships and 5 half-tuition scholarships each year. Anyone know when they are awarded?
During my interview, I was informed that aid is awarded in Jan/Feb? Maybe then?

Last edited:
complete on 7/30 and haven't heard anything... my in-state Ohio schools aren't giving me any love lol!!

Reactions: 5 users
Interviewing tomorrow and still haven't gotten the Zoom link email. Anybody else?

You can look at the choose your medical school tab on AMCAS that will sometimes show it up to a day early
Is this possible before February? Can anyone who has been accepted somewhere so far see the CYMS tool yet in AMCAS?

Is this possible before February? Can anyone who has been accepted somewhere so far see the CYMS tool yet in AMCAS?
I think it only becomes available on February 19th. Rn, I've been accepted to two schools and have no CYMS tool. If anyone else has it lmk please!

Reactions: 2 users
I'm a bit confused with using Vitals. I can't select or see anything. Does this mean there are no updates to my application?

Just got the A! Really excited but I had a question about accepting the decision since the email wasn't all that clear. Do we have to pay the 25$ fee now or is that something we do when we make the final decision to matriculate? I thought it was the latter but the portal says I cannot accept until I pay the fee now. I want to make sure my spot is reserved! Does anybody know how to navigate this? Good luck to you all!

• Care
  • Love
Just got the A! Really excited but I had a question about accepting the decision since the email wasn't all that clear. Do we have to pay the 25$ fee now or is that something we do when we make the final decision to matriculate? I thought it was the latter but the portal says I cannot accept until I pay the fee now. I want to make sure my spot is reserved! Does anybody know how to navigate this? Good luck to you all!
Congrats! When did you interview?

You pay the fee to reserve your spot but it should be refundable until April 30th unless their deadline is different than other schools.

Neither I nor my friend had to pay any fee to confirm our acceptance.