2021-2022 Ohio State

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oh i was under the impression we have to check vitals to see it no matter what the result is, i didn't realize they've called before
You can look at the choose your medical school tab on AMCAS that will sometimes show it up to a day early
 
oh i was under the impression we have to check vitals to see it no matter what the result is, i didn't realize they've called before



All decisions are on vitals, but at least some acceptees were also called in the past.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No email, 6AM vitals update, Accepted!

II on 8/20, interview on 9/22, ORM, LM 77, OOS
Dean called and confirmed.

To be honest my vitals might have updated earlier and I just noticed because there was 0 font or paragraph style change.

My interviews literally could not have gone better but I assumed I was rejected since I never we got an email last night and spend the whole night in such anxiety lol.

I literally had nightmares that one of my ex friends or actual ex's called them to complain about me and they started an investigation into me haha.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can you please tell us when you interviewed?
And is a deferred state similar to being wait-listed?
If you are deferred your app gets re-evaluated every 2 weeks and they decide to either A, R or keep you on the deferred list. Deferred list turns into wait list in April I believe
 
Can you please tell us when you interviewed?
And is a deferred state similar to being wait-listed?
I interviewed late September. Based on the website, deferral is similar to a waitlist. However, the admissions committee will still review your application every 2 weeks in a “deferral”.
 
Does anyone know if OSU accepts update letters and if so, where to submit?
OSU does accept update letters and you send it to the email address provided on VITALS

Updates: Please note that we accept updates to your application only in electronic format as an attachment to an email. Updates should be sent to [email protected]. Please list "Application Update" along your name and AMCAS ID number in the subject line.
 
Last edited:
I was told by my interviewer that OSU gives out 5 Full tuition scholarships and 5 half-tuition scholarships each year. Anyone know when they are awarded?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the A! Really excited but I had a question about accepting the decision since the email wasn't all that clear. Do we have to pay the 25$ fee now or is that something we do when we make the final decision to matriculate? I thought it was the latter but the portal says I cannot accept until I pay the fee now. I want to make sure my spot is reserved! Does anybody know how to navigate this? Good luck to you all!
 
Just got the A! Really excited but I had a question about accepting the decision since the email wasn't all that clear. Do we have to pay the 25$ fee now or is that something we do when we make the final decision to matriculate? I thought it was the latter but the portal says I cannot accept until I pay the fee now. I want to make sure my spot is reserved! Does anybody know how to navigate this? Good luck to you all!
Congrats! When did you interview?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the A! Really excited but I had a question about accepting the decision since the email wasn't all that clear. Do we have to pay the 25$ fee now or is that something we do when we make the final decision to matriculate? I thought it was the latter but the portal says I cannot accept until I pay the fee now. I want to make sure my spot is reserved! Does anybody know how to navigate this? Good luck to you all!
You pay the fee to reserve your spot but it should be refundable until April 30th unless their deadline is different than other schools.
 
Just got the A! Really excited but I had a question about accepting the decision since the email wasn't all that clear. Do we have to pay the 25$ fee now or is that something we do when we make the final decision to matriculate? I thought it was the latter but the portal says I cannot accept until I pay the fee now. I want to make sure my spot is reserved! Does anybody know how to navigate this? Good luck to you all!
Neither I nor my friend had to pay any fee to confirm our acceptance.