2021-2022 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today! IS, complete 07/31. Excited!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
That's awesome congrats! I was complete around that time too. There's like such a slim chance of me actually getting an interview though lol... but I'm still hoping for it.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Neither I nor my friend had to pay any fee to confirm our acceptance.

Yep, the fee is due AFTER you "Commit to Enroll".

I believe we still have to sign and email the Technical Standards form though?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else who is IS and complete in early August but has yet to hear back with anything?

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone receive any scholarships yet? I received an email saying that they are released on a rolling basis in two week intervals, but it was never specified when they begin. Last year it seems to have started February or so.

Yep, the fee is due AFTER you "Commit to Enroll".

I believe we still have to sign and email the Technical Standards form though?
Where did you get this form? I don’t think I’ve seen anything about it.

Hi, does anyone here have any information about or want to comment on the veracity of this?

• Wow

Hi, does anyone here have any information about or want to comment on the veracity of this?
It would make the most sense to ask the poster directly, @sadwinter

It would make the most sense to ask the poster directly, @sadwinter
Yup, I'm going follow up with him/her too, but I wanted to see if anyone else had a corroborating or contrary opinion/experience. After all, one person saying it could just be personal bias, but if 3 posters echo his sentiment, then I will give it much greater credence.

Where did you get this form? I don’t think I’ve seen anything about it.
I found it in the Vitals portal on the home page right when you log in. It's hyperlinked in the acceptance message!

Hey, I finished my undergrad at OSU this past year and have worked in OSU affiliated hospitals for the past 4 years (and currently). Obviously I am biased towards OSU, but I have not heard anyone share this opinion that the poster has. I’m friends with a bunch of OSUCOM students and some faculty who have nothing but praise for the administration, hospitals, and university as a whole

Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning! So stoked since it's my first one this cycle :) IS, ORM, and complete 8/31

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

I have similar stats to the poster.

Deferred on Oct 15 and then accepted recently.

I think that deferred so closer in meaning to "no decision at this time" than it is to "waitlisted"

I'd suggest checking prior years threads to see if there's a difference between deferred and waitlist in OSU

Reactions: 2 users
Do they send IIs via the Vitals portal or do they send an email if one got an II? I checked my vitals portal and it said application is complete. I completed 8/26 and I’m OOS and I was wondering if they reviewed applications chronologically.

I have similar stats to the poster.

Deferred on Oct 15 and then accepted recently.

I think that deferred so closer in meaning to "no decision at this time" than it is to "waitlisted"

I'd suggest checking prior years threads to see if there's a difference between deferred and waitlist in OSU
Did you only receive a physical letter or was this on Vitals as well? Or in an email?

Did you only receive a physical letter or was this on Vitals as well? Or in an email?
I got no notification when I was deferred, but saw it in Vitals.

Got an acceptance email first but i’d guess vitals updated first.

II! IS, 4.0, 52X. I'm so relieved IS-senpai finally noticed me, this is my first Ohio invite!!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! When were you complete?
It's hard for me to figure out, since OSU was a bit vague about what is considered "complete"! I finished my secondary on 7/23. However, my letter packet only arrived in mid-August, since my undergrad only uploads letters starting August 15th. Sorry if that's not as helpful, my undergrad is a bit weird like that lol

It's hard for me to figure out, since OSU was a bit vague about what is considered "complete"! I finished my secondary on 7/23. However, my letter packet only arrived in mid-August, since my undergrad only uploads letters starting August 15th. Sorry if that's not as helpful, my undergrad is a bit weird like that lol
Blows my mind you had to wait that long for the II with those stats. Good luck with it!

So I was told I’d receive a calendar invite for my interview which is next week, I haven’t just yet. I emailed to ask, I got nowhere. When did everyone receive their emails with that information for the actual interview day?

So I was told I’d receive a calendar invite for my interview which is next week, I haven’t just yet. I emailed to ask, I got nowhere. When did everyone receive their emails with that information for the actual interview day?
I got my calendar invite with the Zoom links on the morning of my interview.

I got my calendar invite with the Zoom links on the morning of my interview.
Okay, they said a few days prior so I wasn’t sure. That makes me feel better. Thank you! This is my top choice so I wanna make sure I’ve covered the bases.

Complete 7/22 , reapplicant, 516 and 3.8X and haven’t heard anything, anyone else in the same situation?

Reactions: 5 users
New plan. Gonna walk over to Thompson and get my hands on the Satanic texts. Maybe a sacrificial ritual in front of Mirror Lake will get me an II T~T

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
New plan. Gonna walk over to Thompson and get my hands on the Satanic texts. Maybe a sacrificial ritual in front of Mirror Lake will get me an II T~T
At least do it in the plaza right in front of wexner gosh have some professionalism

do it underneath the Tom W. Davis Clocktower, will not be disappointed lmao

Just checked VITALS, was deferred after interviewing on 10/25

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just checked VITALS, was deferred after interviewing on 10/25
Also just got deferred after interviewing on 11/8. Feeling pretty disappointed, but it sounds like chances to get off the deferred and/or eventual waitlist are relatively decent? 🥲

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Acceptance today!! Didn’t get an email but checked VITALS and it was there. Interviewed on 10/25

• Love
Reactions: 11 users