You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Ohio State
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Momo45984
Full Member
Right here!Anyone else who is IS and complete in early August but has yet to hear back with anything?
Did anyone receive any scholarships yet? I received an email saying that they are released on a rolling basis in two week intervals, but it was never specified when they begin. Last year it seems to have started February or so.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ElToquePeruanoMD
New Member
Hey! I interviewed 10/22. Was a super nice admissions committee.Congrats! When did you interview?
Where did you get this form? I don’t think I’ve seen anything about it.Yep, the fee is due AFTER you "Commit to Enroll".
I believe we still have to sign and email the Technical Standards form though?
Application deferred by Med School
Greetings! Just received a letter telling me that my application for OSU has been deferred. 518 mcat, 4.0 gpa, stong volunteer activities. What should I do?
Hi, does anyone here have any information about or want to comment on the veracity of this?
It would make the most sense to ask the poster directly, @sadwinter![]()
Application deferred by Med School
Greetings! Just received a letter telling me that my application for OSU has been deferred. 518 mcat, 4.0 gpa, stong volunteer activities. What should I do?forums.studentdoctor.net
Hi, does anyone here have any information about or want to comment on the veracity of this?
Yup, I'm going follow up with him/her too, but I wanted to see if anyone else had a corroborating or contrary opinion/experience. After all, one person saying it could just be personal bias, but if 3 posters echo his sentiment, then I will give it much greater credence.It would make the most sense to ask the poster directly, @sadwinter
I found it in the Vitals portal on the home page right when you log in. It's hyperlinked in the acceptance message!Where did you get this form? I don’t think I’ve seen anything about it.
gobucks_21
Full Member
Hey, I finished my undergrad at OSU this past year and have worked in OSU affiliated hospitals for the past 4 years (and currently). Obviously I am biased towards OSU, but I have not heard anyone share this opinion that the poster has. I’m friends with a bunch of OSUCOM students and some faculty who have nothing but praise for the administration, hospitals, and university as a whole![]()
Application deferred by Med School
Greetings! Just received a letter telling me that my application for OSU has been deferred. 518 mcat, 4.0 gpa, stong volunteer activities. What should I do?forums.studentdoctor.net
Hi, does anyone here have any information about or want to comment on the veracity of this?
Congrats!!! What days were available to interview and what were your stats?II this morning! So stoked since it's my first one this cycle 🙂 IS, ORM, and complete 8/31
Thank you! My interview date was scheduled for me. Happy to DM you my statsCongrats!!! What days were available to interview and what were your stats?
Congrats! Is your date in early December?Thank you! My interview date was scheduled for me. Happy to DM you my stats
Thank you! No, I was scheduled for early NovemberCongrats! Is your date in early December?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
![]()
Application deferred by Med School
Greetings! Just received a letter telling me that my application for OSU has been deferred. 518 mcat, 4.0 gpa, stong volunteer activities. What should I do?forums.studentdoctor.net
Hi, does anyone here have any information about or want to comment on the veracity of this?
I have similar stats to the poster.
Deferred on Oct 15 and then accepted recently.
I think that deferred so closer in meaning to "no decision at this time" than it is to "waitlisted"
I'd suggest checking prior years threads to see if there's a difference between deferred and waitlist in OSU
Do they send IIs via the Vitals portal or do they send an email if one got an II? I checked my vitals portal and it said application is complete. I completed 8/26 and I’m OOS and I was wondering if they reviewed applications chronologically.
gogomed0000
Full Member
Did you only receive a physical letter or was this on Vitals as well? Or in an email?I have similar stats to the poster.
Deferred on Oct 15 and then accepted recently.
I think that deferred so closer in meaning to "no decision at this time" than it is to "waitlisted"
I'd suggest checking prior years threads to see if there's a difference between deferred and waitlist in OSU
I got no notification when I was deferred, but saw it in Vitals.Did you only receive a physical letter or was this on Vitals as well? Or in an email?
Got an acceptance email first but i’d guess vitals updated first.
OOS, URM, Complete 10/3 referred to MEDPATH
D
deleted853360
+1 OOS and URM as well.OOS, URM, Complete 10/3 referred to MEDPATH
What is medpathOOS, URM, Complete 10/3 referred to MEDPATH
+1 what is medpath+1 OOS and URM as well.
What is medpath
It’s a 1-year post-bacc meant for URM applicants. 15 spots per year
MEDPATH Program at The Ohio State University College of Medicine
Here is some information from The Ohio State University College of Medicine I wanted to share with you.
Do you know how many people apply?It’s a 1-year post-bacc meant for URM applicants. 15 spots per year
![]()
MEDPATH Program at The Ohio State University College of Medicine
Here is some information from The Ohio State University College of Medicine I wanted to share with you.medicine.osu.edu
Do you know how many people apply?
It’s more of a referral program. The SOM will choose 15 students from that year’s med school application pool
Do you know how many people apply?
Sorry! To be clear, idk how many are offered a MEDPATH secondary application.
OOS, URM, Complete 10/3 referred to MEDPATH
+1
D
deleted1103863
II! IS, 4.0, 52X. I'm so relieved IS-senpai finally noticed me, this is my first Ohio invite!!
Congrats! When were you complete?II! IS, 4.0, 52X. I'm so relieved IS-senpai finally noticed me, this is my first Ohio invite!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1103863
It's hard for me to figure out, since OSU was a bit vague about what is considered "complete"! I finished my secondary on 7/23. However, my letter packet only arrived in mid-August, since my undergrad only uploads letters starting August 15th. Sorry if that's not as helpful, my undergrad is a bit weird like that lolCongrats! When were you complete?
Blows my mind you had to wait that long for the II with those stats. Good luck with it!It's hard for me to figure out, since OSU was a bit vague about what is considered "complete"! I finished my secondary on 7/23. However, my letter packet only arrived in mid-August, since my undergrad only uploads letters starting August 15th. Sorry if that's not as helpful, my undergrad is a bit weird like that lol
downwardbound26
Full Member
I got my calendar invite with the Zoom links on the morning of my interview.So I was told I’d receive a calendar invite for my interview which is next week, I haven’t just yet. I emailed to ask, I got nowhere. When did everyone receive their emails with that information for the actual interview day?
Okay, they said a few days prior so I wasn’t sure. That makes me feel better. Thank you! This is my top choice so I wanna make sure I’ve covered the bases.I got my calendar invite with the Zoom links on the morning of my interview.
Complete around the same time, high stats and silence T~TComplete 7/22 , reapplicant, 516 and 3.8X and haven’t heard anything, anyone else in the same situation?
do it underneath the Tom W. Davis Clocktower, will not be disappointed lmaoNew plan. Gonna walk over to Thompson and get my hands on the Satanic texts. Maybe a sacrificial ritual in front of Mirror Lake will get me an II T~T
Also just got deferred after interviewing on 11/8. Feeling pretty disappointed, but it sounds like chances to get off the deferred and/or eventual waitlist are relatively decent? 🥲Just checked VITALS, was deferred after interviewing on 10/25
ChemistryisFON
Full Member
Accepted!
ChemistryisFON
Full Member
Checked Vitals but also just got the call from Dr. Rankin. No Caller ID for people checking their phones^^Accepted!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Phase Rush
Full Member
Soooooooo
where them IIs at?
where them IIs at?
I want to know too. I was complete on 8/26 and I’m OOS.Soooooooo
where them IIs at?
Do they send interview invites via email or do we have to check our Vitals portal?
serotonin1
Full Member
Haven’t heard anything, just dropped in to say go blue 😎
Don't say that I might cry :cHaven’t heard anything, just dropped in to say go blue 😎