2021-2022 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I did my phone call for feedback. They were incredibly nice. Apparently my AACOMAS didn't send everything over to them. Which is kind of scary. So that played a part in their decision not having all the information. And like I thought my MCAT mostly. But she said I could try for a re-review since some of my application is missing. But again no promises of a different outcome. I'm glad I had the conversation though.
That’s really unsettling that schools aren’t getting information from AACOMAS...I’m glad they were able to share that with you, though, that’s so nice of them instead of ghosting.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
That’s really unsettling that schools aren’t getting information from AACOMAS...I’m glad they were able to share that with you, though, that’s so nice of them instead of ghosting.
Yeah, it makes me afraid that my other schools also didn't get all of my information either. But I guess I'll play it by ear.

Howdy folks,

I received my secondary on 7/29, submitted on 8/18, and was sent my login ID info and link for the portal today, 8/20.

OOS (from CA - did a field studies program through PSU as part of my undergrad), 3.9 sGPA, 3.7 cGPA, 518 MCAT

Members don't see this ad :)
So I did my phone call for feedback. They were incredibly nice. Apparently my AACOMAS didn't send everything over to them. Which is kind of scary. So that played a part in their decision not having all the information. And like I thought my MCAT mostly. But she said I could try for a re-review since some of my application is missing. But again no promises of a different outcome. I'm glad I had the conversation though.
Did you take the MCAT multiple times?

Did you take the MCAT multiple times?
Yes unfortunately. And I'm non traditional so the last time I took it I was about 3 years out of undergrad. Not to give myself excuses, but I really do believe this test is more for those in school while they're actively learning the material.

Yes unfortunately. And I'm non traditional so the last time I took it I was about 3 years out of undergrad. Not to give myself excuses, but I really do believe this test is more for those in school while they're actively learning the material.
Agreed, I am a non-trad student and I struggled with the MCAT b/c some of my foundations courses I took over 5 years ago

Reactions: 1 users
Just got that lovely R. I'd guess since I'm applying from the opposite side of the country.
Also super weird because it said "sorry we can't offer you a seat in the upcoming class" but I never even interviewed?

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got that lovely R. I'd guess since I'm applying from the opposite side of the country.
Also super weird because it said "sorry we can't offer you a seat in the upcoming class" but I never even interviewed?
yea but they can still say that they can't offer you a seat since that's why you applied. But, I'm sorry you got the R. I wish you luck in the rest of your apps and hope you get an A somewhere!!

yea but they can still say that they can't offer you a seat since that's why you applied. But, I'm sorry you got the R. I wish you luck in the rest of your apps and hope you get an A somewhere!!
That's true. It was just a response I thought you would see after interviewing versus before. Thank you so much! :)

Dang, is there no hope for anyone outside of the PNW? 😢

Dang, is there no hope for anyone outside of the PNW? 😢
I mean their mission statement says, they like people who want to work in a rural northwest area. Doesn't mean they will only accept people who have those interests but with so few medical schools in the area it is hard to see why they would take the risk of accepting students who have not at least been to the northwest or have little interest in rural medicine.

Im OOR, and secondary was processed Aug 17th, verified yesterday Aug 26th. Hoping for an II and not an R 😬

If anyone is curious, I just checked their website and it looks like they say IIs won’t be sent out until September.

Hoping they send out IIs soon! Today hits the 6 week mark, fingers crossed.

Just got an R. Thought that they would consider me given how I fit their mission… good luck to rest

• Care
My portal has been left at committee since 7/27. I don't know how I feel about this.. anyone waiting over a month? LOL

Just got my R post secondary...can I send them an email asking to reconsider because I was waitlisted last year post interview :(

Just got my R post secondary...can I send them an email asking to reconsider because I was waitlisted last year post interview :(
Oh no :( Sending an email probably wouldn’t hurt, if you really wanted. When were you complete?

For those that got status updates did you guys get emails first. Where in portals were you able to see the status? On the application website, I only see home, finances and checklist.

II today OOS. Received the communication via email

Anyone sent in their primary but still didn’t receive a secondary :’((((

Congrats on the II! Do you mind sharing your complete date and stats?
Shoot I don’t remember my complete date, but I submitted on 7/27. When I get home I’ll check. Stats are 3.4ish and 511

My interview date options are all the way in October

II received! My first one yet! OOS but PNW region. Submitted 8/2 and complete on 8/16. 505 and 3.6

I got my first R from here today. Good luck to everyone else!

Hey guys I sent over my interview date that I selected yesterday after my invite came but didn't get an email confirming. How long does it take?

Hey guys I sent over my interview date that I selected yesterday after my invite came but didn't get an email confirming. How long does it take?
Same here. I replied within 30mins but still did not get a confirmation yet.

Weird rant, why is the highlight of unavailable dates in green? For me green means go ahead and schedule my interview. Just an odd choice, red would have also worked and made more sense.

Yikes nothing was green yet when I got my email, but they haven’t confirmed my interview. 😭 I was calm, but now I ain’t.
My only concern is that when you log in to the website under "My Tasks" It has when the reply is due but since Monday is a holiday might be past that deadline if they don't confirm before then. I might be overthinking this lol

Has anyone gotten an II without a CASPer in yet? I know it says that if we get an interview they require it, but jw if anyone has gotten one before