2021-2022 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats on the interview invite! What makes rowan your top choice?
thank you so much!! 10 minutes from my house, openness and accessibility of the school even during the pandemic (I've been to virtual open houses, met with the dean over the summer on webex, just went to the tour for accepted/interviewing students), students genuinely seem happy there or as happy as they can be for med students, love their research at the neuromusculoskeletal institute with HIV/AIDS research and MAT for the opioid crisis in NJ, passionate about serving NJ because I was born, raised and educated here, I'm a lesbian and really appreciate their diversity stance that actually translates to their curriculum, would allow me to stay close to my family and significant other....i could go on!!! hahah:) thanks for asking!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone clear on what we mail in along w/ our deposit? OOS applicant interviewed 11/30, acceptance call 12/3 and portal updated 12/5

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone clear on what we mail in along w/ our deposit? OOS applicant interviewed 11/30, acceptance call 12/3 and portal updated 12/5
As far as I know we should be mailing 3 forms. The student acceptance confirmation form (with fee), the criminal background check form, and the student disclosure form. The health forms will be sent to us later, I called the admissions office and they said probably around January, and official transcripts are due by July 1st. If we have to mail anything else can someone let me know, I am planning on mailing it this week.

wow, that is a quick notification of acceptance! congrats!

As far as I know we should be mailing 3 forms. The student acceptance confirmation form (with fee), the criminal background check form, and the student disclosure form. The health forms will be sent to us later, I called the admissions office and they said probably around January, and official transcripts are due by July 1st. If we have to mail anything else can someone let me know, I am planning on mailing it this week.
Thank you! I ended up emailing admissions today and they got back to me and sent the acceptance packet shortly after with all the details :) so excited!!!!!

Do you mind sharing what date you were complete?

Withdrew my acceptance today. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!!

Got the acceptance yesterday after waiting over 7 weeks since my interview!! I was complete 8/14, II 9/14, interviewed on 10/20. I called Admissions yesterday and they told me they were having an issue with their system showing the decisions on the applicant's profile, but they updated my account. Super excited and still can't believe it! I highly suggest giving them a call if you have been waiting a while. Good luck everyone!!

Got the acceptance yesterday after waiting over 7 weeks since my interview!! I was complete 8/14, II 9/14, interviewed on 10/20. I called Admissions yesterday and they told me they were having an issue with their system showing the decisions on the applicant's profile, but they updated my account. Super excited and still can't believe it! I highly suggest giving them a call if you have been waiting a while. Good luck everyone!!
mind sharing stats and if you are oos or is?

Members don't see this ad :)
In state, 504 mcat, 3.6 gpa, still waiting to hear back. Anyone in the same boat? I already sent an LOI, attended multiple info sessions, met with admin personally, and attended one of their CME courses.

Just submitted here, hope it's not too late :')

Got my acceptance today!!! My interviewer called me herself. II received on 11/10 and Interview last Friday 12/10. In state, 3.95 cgpa and 502 mcat. I am thrilled this is my top choice school!!

Reactions: 3 users
Got in today!!! Didnt get an email or a call though I just happened to check my portal since they meet on Fridays. Check your portal to everyone waiting!!

Reactions: 2 users
Got my acceptance today!!! My interviewer called me herself. II received on 11/10 and Interview last Friday 12/10. In state, 3.95 cgpa and 502 mcat. I am thrilled this is my top choice school!!
dang nothing on my portal and no call, interviewed 12/8

I noticed included with the tuition is a computer fee. Does anyone know if they give computers to students or if we are on our own to get one?

II today, complete 12/8. OOS URM

I noticed included with the tuition is a computer fee. Does anyone know if they give computers to students or if we are on our own to get one?
They will give you a Lenovo Thinkpad, no way around it can’t refuse it or anything. Some people like it, others (like me) only use it because it’s what we have to take our tests/quizzes on every week. Mine otherwise sits in a corner of my room somewhere.

Anyone freak out about the email regarding the new Rowan campus?
Cool! They are also building a new vet school there:

And

Yay UMDNJ-SOM! (I mean Rowan ;) )
This is great for NJ.

Complete few days ago, OOS loose ties. Hope there's still some love for us later submitters 🤐

That's odd? I was complete in a few days. Do you mind sharing stats? Also try checking your spam/portal maybe?
been checking portal/spam a lot. Nothing
There's a lot of us waiting. Rowan doesn't do R's til the end I think.

wow that's amazing, congrats! What dates do they have for interviews left? I'm IS and Rowan is my top choice, been complete since August though :oops:
They haven’t given me a date yet. The email said “Our Admissions Committee Members are identifying potential interview dates and a member of our Admissions Team will contact you to schedule your interview very soon!”

Reactions: 2 users
They will give you a Lenovo Thinkpad, no way around it can’t refuse it or anything. Some people like it, others (like me) only use it because it’s what we have to take our tests/quizzes on every week. Mine otherwise sits in a corner of my room somewhere.
thanks!

II today! IS, ORM, complete in august. Didn’t give me any dates yet either.

Reactions: 3 users
Complete late September, have not heard anything yet.

Does anyone know the interview style for this school? Closed file vs open? Etc.. TIA

again with the invited email for some virtual event - _-

Reactions: 9 users
Looks like there are a few of us waiting for these interview dates, do you guys think we will interview in January?

Seems like the last few applicants interviewed latest in December.