2021-2022 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What does D/E/I stand for and what are the theee big questions we should prepare for
D/E/I is diversity, equity, and inclusion. No idea what the three big questions for Tufts are, but I would assume it’s tell me about yourself, why medicine, and why medicine at this school.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Given that Facebook is on the downturn, I would be down for a GroupMe, Slack, or Discord if anyone has made one/wants to make one.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any new acceptance calls recently? I interviewed early Nov. and was informed that my full application would be reviewed on the 22nd. Very excited but also tremendously nervous.

Any new acceptance calls recently? I interviewed early Nov. and was informed that my full application would be reviewed on the 22nd. Very excited but also tremendously nervous.
I'm in the same boat. I think they mentioned that they'd be releasing decisions for that group on "the week of the 29th" so idk if the trend for releasing decisions has been early or later on in the week. Best of luck!

Their committee meeting happened last Monday, as you mentioned, so hopefully responses come out early this week. Best of luck!!

Congrats!! Are you seeing any updates to your portal?
Nope, none as far as I can tell. They told me there would be physical confirmation later in the week, but idk if that meant an email/portal update or a letter.

Got the call!! Interviewed 11/8 :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also got the call! Interviewed on 11/10 :)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Huge congrats to all accepted! Very exciting for you all.

Has anyone received anything other than an A today? R or delayed decision maybe? trying to figure out if no news today might be a bad sign or if it just takes a few days to release all of the decisions!

Reactions: 2 users
Tufts is done sending interview invites?

II still possible for MD/MA program? average stats ORM ecs a good match

The silence after a day of acceptance calls yesterday is painful lmao 😅
There's still some hope to hang onto! I took a look through previous years' threads and it seems like acceptance calls are sprinkled in within the first couple days of the week mostly. It isn't a guarantee that it'll be the same for this round but it's something to look to when doubt/anxiety creeps in. As a side note, there were multiple hypotheses that they go in alphabetical order and it may be possible that they've just got a lot of people to call in that first half of the alphabet. We also don't really have a vivid idea of how many calls they have to make (could be in the 50-60 range at least since they meet once a month and the post interview acceptance rate is around 60% I think??) or how many hours they can feasibly dedicate to calls per day which also has some weight I'd think when considering when to expect a call. If I understood correctly only the Dean calls w/ acceptance info and I imagine he's already busy on top of having to make these calls. Just a somewhat evidence based guess over here with all this info but it brings me some comfort. I hope this helps you find at least some of that peace too.

Last edited:
There's still some hope to hang onto! I took a look through previous years' threads and it seems like acceptance calls are sprinkled in within the first couple days of the week mostly. It isn't a guarantee that it'll be the same for this round but it's something to look to when doubt/anxiety creeps in. As a side note, there were multiple hypotheses that they go in alphabetical order and it may be possible that they've just got a lot of people to call in that first half of the alphabet. We also don't really have a vivid idea of how many calls they have to make (could be in the 50-60 range at least since they meet once a month and the post interview acceptance rate is around 60% I think??) or how many hours they can feasibly dedicate to calls per day which also has some weight I'd think when considering when to expect a call. If I understood correctly only the Dean calls w/ acceptance info and I imagine he's already busy on top of having to make these calls. Just a somewhat evidence based guess over here with all this info but it brings me some comfort. I hope this helps you find at least some of that peace too.
I appreciate it! I also looked back in this years thread and saw people get accepted over the course of the same week so it’s definitely possible, just the wait makes the creeping doubt that much more potent! All good though, hopefully it will be worth the wait and if not we walk away chin up regardless. It was my first II and really gave me hope when I was starting to worry, so I’m thankful for that at the very least.

Fingers crossed for us!

Last edited:
Got my call this morning!!! Was really starting to worry there but the wait made the call that much more exciting! Interviewed 11/15

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Just got the call, interviewed 11/8, going to med school fam best of luck to you all

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I am not sure if this will be helpful to any of you, but I am currently getting my MPH through Tufts and am happy to answer any questions that you may have about the program for those of you looking into the MD/MPH track.

I can't speak to the MD side of things (although I'm cautiously optimistic for this cycle!), but the MPH program and faculty have been absolutely wonderful so far.

Are thank you letters supposed to be emailed to the admissions email or uploaded to the portal? I was a bit unclear on whether the portal upload was for both thank yous and updates or just updates.

Are thank you letters supposed to be emailed to the admissions email or uploaded to the portal? I was a bit unclear on whether the portal upload was for both thank yous and updates or just updates.
I'm not sure what program you interviewed for, but when I interviewed with the Maine Track they specifically said that interview thank you letters were not allowed this year because they are trying to make the review process more equitable. I'm not sure about the Boston track though!

i asked my boston track interviewer, and they said to upload thank-yous to the portal!

I received an A call on Monday and just received the official email from the Office of Admissions. They said that info about formally accepting the offer could be found on the TUSM secondary application. However, I don't see anything on my side of the portal about this. Are other accepted students having this same issue?

• Love
I received an A call on Monday and just received the official email from the Office of Admissions. They said that info about formally accepting the offer could be found on the TUSM secondary application. However, I don't see anything on my side of the portal about this. Are other accepted students having this same issue?
Yes. If you notice, the portal hasn’t updated our communication status either (doesn’t have the update that they emailed us our offer of admission). Leads me to believe it will be updated later today and we will have access to said means for accepting.

Congrats!!

Has anyone received any waitlist or rejection emails?

Yes. If you notice, the portal hasn’t updated our communication status either (doesn’t have the update that they emailed us our offer of admission). Leads me to believe it will be updated later today and we will have access to said means for accepting.

Congrats!!
Same problem here!

Shoot me a message if you got into the maine track and are likely going, would love to start chatting with future members of the class!

Interviewed about a month ago. Rejected today. LizzyM score of 80.5, multiple pubs, the full constellation of extracurriculars.

Everything I touch
With tenderness, alas
Pricks like a bramble

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
Interviewed about a month ago. Rejected today. LizzyM score of 80.5, multiple pubs, the full constellation of extracurriculars.

Everything I touch
With tenderness, alas
Pricks like a bramble
I'd look at this not as you being unworthy, but simply it not being the right place for you. With an app like that, I'd imagine that something in your interview led the committee to believe it simply wasn't the right fit. Nothing to worry about; you'll surely get in somewhere and hopefully be successful and happy there.

Something to think about (not trying to be an ass, more just trying to add perspective in hopes that it might comfort you knowing what may have gone wrong) is whether or not you really displayed alignment with Tuft's mission in the interview. With all of that research and what not that you have going for you, did that overshadow your commitment to ending healthcare disparities and serving those who need it most? Regardless of what went wrong, I am sorry that the answer wasn't what you were hoping for. Keep your head up and kill it at whatever great school you end up at. Best of luck!!

when do they begin to reconsider deferred students? every group of interviewees or at the end of interviews like next year?

when do they begin to reconsider deferred students? every group of interviewees or at the end of interviews like next year?
They reconsider you at each monthly meeting. You can reach out to Emily Condon (if I remember the name correctly) to inquire about when these meetings are each month so you know when you might expect a response. Just be warned, you can get rolled over several months and not hear anything, the same way you might get an official response at the very next meeting.

Best of luck to you.

Has anyone received a pre-interview decision lately? I was complete mid July and nothing but silence. I was wondering if it’s worth sending an update?

Reactions: 8 users