2021-2022 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone received a pre-interview decision lately? I was complete mid July and nothing but silence. I was wondering if it’s worth sending an update?
I did just to be safe. Also haven’t heard anything yet from any school except for 4 rejections and 4 holds

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
II received!! OOS, complete 8/12 :)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite, completed mid July

• Love
II earlier today! OOS. Stats/info is in my signature. Complete August 9th.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Curious if anyone else IS completed Jun 30 into early July an II other communication yet? I haven't really looked through all the pages of the Tufts thread. The anxiety is really weighing me down!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all, I have been deferred since beginning of october, interviewed in sept and so far have sent a letter of intent/research update via additional docs on the portal. I saw somewhere that someone asked admissions via email how to improve their app at this stage and they got a good response. I am wondering if i should do the same? do you think that's too much? tufts is my first choice.

Hey all, I have been deferred since beginning of october, interviewed in sept and so far have sent a letter of intent/research update via additional docs on the portal. I saw somewhere that someone asked admissions via email how to improve their app at this stage and they got a good response. I am wondering if i should do the same? do you think that's too much? tufts is my first choice.
I would wait it out. The only thing you’re going to get out of that email is a direction on how to improve for next cycle. I’d suggest waiting until you know if there’s going to be a next cycle before doing so. You already expressed your interest in the school and would be running the risk of seeming impatient/ even potentially being annoying. Just my two cents. Best of luck, hoping you get the A!

I would wait it out. The only thing you’re going to get out of that email is a direction on how to improve for next cycle. I’d suggest waiting until you know if there’s going to be a next cycle before doing so. You already expressed your interest in the school and would be running the risk of seeming impatient/ even potentially being annoying. Just my two cents. Best of luck, hoping you get the A!
Thank you so much! Yes, I totally agree.

Hi there,

Is there a Facebook/Social Media group for the class of 2022-26?

Has anybody with an early September complete date heard anything yet? I can't tell whether they're still working on summer applications or whether they've just passed me over...either way, this has been a brutal past few months. The silence is deafening!

Has anybody with an early September complete date heard anything yet? I can't tell whether they're still working on summer applications or whether they've just passed me over...either way, this has been a brutal past few months. The silence is deafening!
Silence here, complete mid September and 72 LM

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete end of August and it's been silence since

Reject me already you cowards

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 23 users
Hi all - I'm a med student at Tufts and just wanted to provide two small bits of info about the school that I didn't know when deciding between schools. Before I go on, I do love Tufts and have nothing bad to say about it! The faculty are very nice and helpful. However, Tufts is very small so this means the library is also small. There are 4 floors of library space, but this is shared with the dental students, nutrition students - all students share it. So if you can imagine it is hard to find a solo study room unless you get to the library at 7 am. There are tons of open cubicles on those floors but finding a private study room is essentially a luxury. Also if you are interested in any field that requires a lot of research to be competitive for residency, be sure to ask on interview day if the TMC department is large/actively publishing - or find this info online yourself. Boston is a great place to be in if the dept at Tufts is small/doesn't do much research but you will have to find research at other hospitals yourself and physician emails are not just available online. So keep that in mind! Anyway, good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 11 users
Does anyone have the 2021 match list? I can't seem to find it online anywhere

I just got the call, I’m so excited!!! Interviewed 12/8

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Can anyone reiterate if the interview felt more casual and conversational and/or if there are a lot of questions about your application specifically vs canned traditional questions? Have mine coming up in a few weeks!

Just got the call!!! Absolutely was not expecting this - I thought this was my worst interview by far but I am SO excited!!

Best of luck to everyone - keep your hopes up, good things can happen when you least expect them!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
I just got the call as well!! Interviewed 11/29. Congrats everyone!

• Love
Congrats future doctors!

I just got the call as well!! Interviewed 11/29. Congrats everyone!
Congratulations! Has your portal updated yet to reflect the acceptance offer? I just got the call earlier today but haven't seen anything/no email yet.

Congratulations! Has your portal updated yet to reflect the acceptance offer? I just got the call earlier today but haven't seen anything/no email yet.
Nope it hasn’t updated yet! Dean Neumeyer said I’d get the email within a few days. Congrats to you too!!

Lol ok never mind I just got the email!

Got the call at 11am eastern time in the middle of Christmas shopping 🙂🙂. Congratulations future potential classmates !!

• Love
Blessed to have received an A today for the regular MD track. Anyone know if there is a groupme or FB for accepted students?

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Is there a reason why medical schools don’t send rejections out until every interview invite has been sent? Just seems unfair that we paid so much money to them yet they can’t have the courtesy to just tell us if we are rejected /uncompetitive

Is there a reason why medical schools don’t send rejections out until every interview invite has been sent? Just seems unfair that we paid so much money to them yet they can’t have the courtesy to just tell us if we are rejected /uncompetitive
Yeah unfortunately there are dozens of threads asking this question every year, the answer is: it’s complicated 😕

Care to explain the complications?
Honestly I’m just an applicant, but I’ve tried to read through a lot of threads here on SDN that adcoms have chimed into. I’ve seen a few reasons, one being that there is an element and uncertainty in the process in that schools are unsure how many applicants will CTE to their school so they keep a healthy waitlist in case they need to pull more than they imagined. Also, there seems to be some stratification in that apps that meet criteria that a school will be looking for will be shuffled up on the priority list to review and they will work through the list in that order. If applicants they accept withdraw, they push others up that meet similar metrics so that being reviewed isn’t exactly linear from date of complete. This is just speculation and some points I’ve seen shared among threads. The process itself isn’t transparent and often seems unfair but I’m sure there are many more cogs working behind the scenes than we know. Unfortunately for us we are just in the dark

Also, has anyone who was emailed before their interview had their name as “APPLFIRST” as they greeting line? Considering it’s winter break I’m sure it’s automated but I found it pretty funny and strange

Honestly I’m just an applicant, but I’ve tried to read through a lot of threads here on SDN that adcoms have chimed into. I’ve seen a few reasons, one being that there is an element and uncertainty in the process in that schools are unsure how many applicants will CTE to their school so they keep a healthy waitlist in case they need to pull more than they imagined. Also, there seems to be some stratification in that apps that meet criteria that a school will be looking for will be shuffled up on the priority list to review and they will work through the list in that order. If applicants they accept withdraw, they push others up that meet similar metrics so that being reviewed isn’t exactly linear from date of complete. This is just speculation and some points I’ve seen shared among threads. The process itself isn’t transparent and often seems unfair but I’m sure there are many more cogs working behind the scenes than we know. Unfortunately for us we are just in the dark
Thanks for this. I just think it’s beyond messed up that we pay so much money to them and they can’t be transparent with us

• Care
If I am sending an update letter, have y'all just uploaded it to the additional documents portal on the secondary application? Or have you sent it directly to the admissions email?

If I am sending an update letter, have y'all just uploaded it to the additional documents portal on the secondary application? Or have you sent it directly to the admissions email?
Portal is fine

II! Submitted mid August. Has anyone had an issue with no interview dates showing in the portal?

II just received (OOS)
Complete 08/04
Dates in March

• Love
Reactions: 6 users