-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Tulane
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hope this isn't a silly question, but what should be put in an update letter? I recently started a volunteer position working with disadvantaged kids but have only done about 12 hours so far. Idt it's worth an update but I'm really interested in Tulane and was put on hold
What does OOS mean ?Under review today, complete 8/4, OOS, guess it'll be about a month before I hear something
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello , Can you please share with me how their interview was structured and what type of questions they ask ?Acceptance, ED 👍🏽 Congrats to everyone getting interviews and As. Goodluck
To everyone still waiting!
Out of stateWhat does OOS mean ?
The folks I knew that are ED got in this morning at 10 AMtulane med retweeted mike woodson's tweet from 10 AM central congratulating the kids who got in ED but nobody I know who applied ED has heard yet (there's 4 of us). Is it possible they meant to send out the emails this morning but did not?
They make you sign an NDA so I can’t go into specifics but taking a quote from the TUSOM interview page..Hello , Can you please share with me how their interview was structured and what type of questions they ask ?
“The interviewee will also participate in a "standardized patient" exercise in which they will play the role of a first year medical student interviewing a patient. Applicants will be also be interviewed by a current Tulane medical student. The student interview will be in the form of a "working lunch." All interviewers will write a report about the interview and that report will become a part of the applicant's file.”
There’s some more information on the site. That plus a normal faculty interview. Tbh that’s all the info you need it’s a comfortable environment and pretty low stress you got this 👍🏽
Last edited:
Okay thank you so much -- so it seems as though you have to go in person for their interview ?They make you sign an NDA so I can’t go into specifics but taking a quote from the TUSOM interview page..
“The interviewee will also participate in a "standardized patient" exercise in which they will play the role of a first year medical student interviewing a patient. Applicants will be also be interviewed by a current Tulane medical student. The student interview will be in the form of a "working lunch." All interviewers will write a report about the interview and that report will become a part of the applicant's file.”
There’s some more information on the site. That plus a normal faculty interview. Tbh that’s all the info you need it’s a comfortable environment and pretty low stress you got this 👍🏽
it was over zoom. I agree with the other response, it was a very chill interview. Good luck!!Okay thank you so much -- so it seems as though you have to go in person for their interview ?
Finally got the under review email today. Complete 8/6
Under review notification this morning. submitted 08/05
Went under review 9/20. I've been taking in less SDN lately for my mental health, so I didn't tell this thread.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
elrm257
Full Member
congrats ! Stats/OOS?complete 8/2, under review 9/19, II today
stanleytucciofmedicine
Full Member
They told me that update should be something significant like grade change, research publications, or something major. So in my personal opinion, if you have something else that is significant, you could include this to the update letter as well as other stuff, if not I would wait to present this in either your interest letter or during interview.Hope this isn't a silly question, but what should be put in an update letter? I recently started a volunteer position working with disadvantaged kids but have only done about 12 hours so far. Idt it's worth an update but I'm really interested in Tulane and was put on hold
Make that 8! Also accepted ED Friday. Good luck to everyone else applying, I'm a repeat applicant so I know the struggleAlso accepted ED! There were at least 7 of us who didn't find out until around 4pm yesterday because of the technical issues. Cant wait to meet everyone next year!
Congratulations pop up the champagne you did it!!Just got the A! ED applicant. The email said there was a technical issue so acceptances were delayed today.
simpinforanA
Full Member
Under review just now, complete 8/4.
Wow 2 months.Under review just now, complete 8/4.
I was complete 8/9, still waiting to go under reviewWow 2 months.
Nothing makes sense here
simpinforanA
Full Member
likely means your complete, but you will get another email when you're under review.I’m just confused with all these complete and under review thing. My portal syas
Application complete : ✅ your application is ready.
What doe this mean? I haven’t heard anything from the school tho
The email they sent me mentioned that complete with green check mark means that my app is assigned to a screener. How long after complete should i expect to hear back from the school ?likely means your complete, but you will get another email when you're under review.
Thank you
You get this email when you're first complete:The email they sent me mentioned that complete with green check mark means that my app is assigned to a screener. How long after complete should i expect to hear back from the school ?
Thank you
We would like to inform you that your application is complete. Your portal will have a red exclamation point stating you are in progress and this will remain until you are assigned to a screener. Once assigned, the checkmark will turn green and your application is now considered under review. You will receive another email once a decision is made on your application. We thank you for your continued patience with the application process and we wish you success.
And this one when you're under review:
We would like to inform you that your application is complete and under review. You will receive another email once a decision is made on your application. We thank you for your continued patience with the application process and we wish you success.
If you would like submit additional items to your application, you can upload those items to your application portal under, the "User Profile" tab. From there you will select "Document Upload". All items must be in a PDF format. This will be the only way to provide updates to your application.
Mine took nearly 2 months, similar to others, but it kind of seems like it can be random, so I wouldn't hold my breath.
When were you complete?Received my first rejection from Tulane today --- it stings but still not loosing faith
About a week and half ago -- they reject you fast or offer interview invites shortly after your app is marked as being under reviewWhen were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
About a week and half ago -- they reject you fast or offer interview invites shortly after your app is marked as being under review
So you were under review a week and a half ago and heard back already? Wow I’m kinda scared for what this means for me I went under review 9/19
Also I’m sorry to hear of the R, I hope the rest of the cycle goes great for you!
Hopefully you get somewhere better than TulaneAbout a week and half ago -- they reject you fast or offer interview invites shortly after your app is marked as being under review
Mind sharing when you were complete and stats
?
Thank you
stanleytucciofmedicine
Full Member
Hi all, does anyone know how many students are typically accepted (not matriculated)? TYIA!
This is me exactly. Complete 8/4, under review yesterday!Under review just now, complete 8/4.
PrestigiousCelery11
Full Member
I was complete 08/06 and still not under review 🙁
Last edited:
I never got any email/portal of under review. Just got II last Friday.I’m just confused with all these complete and under review thing. My portal syas
Application complete : ✅ your application is ready.
What doe this mean? I haven’t heard anything from the school tho
PrestigiousCelery11
Full Member
My friend, you just spiked the utmost level of neuroticism in anyone who has not yet received an under review email lmao. Honestly, I feel a lot better.I never got any email/portal of under review. Just got II last Friday.
When were you complete, if you do not mind me asking?
8/3My friend, you just spiked the utmost level of neuroticism in anyone who has not yet received an under review email lmao. Honestly, I feel a lot better.
When were you complete, if you do not mind me asking?
Frist R of the season! Complete 8/2 Under Review 9/27. Good luck to everyone else still in the running!
Also got the R. Complete 8/2 as well and under review 9/27 too.Frist R of the season! Complete 8/2 Under Review 9/27. Good luck to everyone else still in the running!
Got a pre-II hold :/ But we move. Will try to take this as not a soft R as one of the current students said
When were you complete? Under review?Got a pre-II hold :/ But we move. Will try to take this as not a soft R as one of the current students said
When were you complete? Under review?
Complete a long time ago, under review mid-Sept
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my time might be coming then, was complete 8/4 and under review 9/15Complete a long time ago, under review mid-Sept
vivekaveena
Full Member
I'd actually like to know this as well if anyone has an answer! I can't find Tulane on any of the post-II acceptance spreadsheets.Hi all, does anyone know how many students are typically accepted (not matriculated)? TYIA!
Ted D. Bear
3.48s/c 511 (125/128/128/130)
got under review 9/30 and was complete 9/1 i have no clue how they are doing this
I was complete 8/5 and just went under review today