-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Tulane
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
in-state, 518, 3.6xcongrats ! Stats/OOS?
elrm257
Full Member
+1Under review 9/16, still no word. Was complete 8/2.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
elrm257
Full Member
damn that's such a fast turn aroundPut on hold. Complete 8/2, under review 9/28. OOS, ORM, LM 70
have you gotten an under review email yet?![]()
complete 8/20.. waiting..."patiently"
negativehave you gotten an under review email yet?
Under review for well over a month now and complete silence... I guess that's a good thing?
elrm257
Full Member
Im trying to think the same way but each reviewer moves at a different pace 🙁Under review for well over a month now and complete silence... I guess that's a good thing?
JustOneAcceptancePls
Full Member
Pre-II R this morning. Wishing you all good luck!
Sending good vibes your way, also your profile picture is iconicPre-II R this morning. Wishing you all good luck!
PrestigiousCelery11
Full Member
I think they skipped over me lmao, complete 08/06. I know how they are with the timeliness of app, so I submitted it within hours of receiving the secondary. ripperoni I guess
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mi
This gave me hope
mind sharing when you were complete?II about an hour ago! OOS LM 65. Low stats but I have a lot of clinical/volunteer experiences.
This gave me hope
Yes, sorry, forgot to include in original post! Complete 7/14 and under review 8/4.Mi
mind sharing when you were complete?
This gave me hope
Congratulations 🎉Yes, sorry, forgot to include in original post! Complete 7/14 and under review 8/4.
D
deleted993132
Complete 08/10; went under review today.
Submitted my app 8/3 and under review 9/30. Nothing else yet
Anyone else complete 8/4 and not under review yet?
Complete 8/8 but still not under review.Anyone else complete 8/4 and not under review yet?
+1Complete 8/8 but still not under review.
Just got an II!! Was deferred from ED. First date was 11/11
medcadhopeful1111
Full Member
got an interview i'm estatic. I know this is just one step but this is my first interview!
Does anyone know if the date we pick our interview matters?
Thanks!
Does anyone know if the date we pick our interview matters?
Thanks!
Last edited:
Admissions are rolling but class won't be full in November. The early thing is more for applications, not so much for interviews.Got an interview! Deferred from ED to RD, OOS, interviewing 2nd week of November (is that too considered too late, since Tulane values early applications? Can't tell)... would appreciate any/all advice regarding interviews!
There are NDAs, but the interview is Traditional 1on1, Standardized Patient, and Student lunch with all 3 being weighed equally.
medcadhopeful1111
Full Member
Thanks guys
and thank you for the information.
I was also wondering how TUSOM judges after the interview, is it essentially all the weight on the interview now?
Sorry for asking a lot of questions I'm a Canadian applicant so its a bit different from what I'm used to!
Thanks again!
and thank you for the information.
I was also wondering how TUSOM judges after the interview, is it essentially all the weight on the interview now?
Sorry for asking a lot of questions I'm a Canadian applicant so its a bit different from what I'm used to!
Thanks again!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They do accept updates. You can submit them on the secondary portal.Does Tulane encourage updates (i.e. grade updates) and do we submit thru the secondary portal? Or do they not really like updates or updated transcripts etc?
FAQs
My application is still not under review and I was complete 8/8. Should I maybe email admissions to ensure there wasn't a hiccup?
More than likely not a hiccup. Review earlier comments on this thread.My application is still not under review and I was complete 8/8. Should I maybe email admissions to ensure there wasn't a hiccup?
+1, if I'm not mistaken they're pretty random about the order they review people so we just have to wait it outMy application is still not under review and I was complete 8/8. Should I maybe email admissions to ensure there wasn't a hiccup?
do you think if we interviewed early september we'll hear back oct 15th?
I suppose you’ll find out October 15do you think if we interviewed early september we'll hear back oct 15th?
I sent in all my materials a few days before you and got the ' Secondary Application Under Review' email today.My application is still not under review and I was complete 8/8. Should I maybe email admissions to ensure there wasn't a hiccup?
How long does it usually take to hear after the interview?
II today for MD/PhD. OOS, 2.85 ugrad GPA, 3.74 grad GPA, 517, ORM, 4k research hours, no pubs, managing 3 large projects expected first author pub in all of them, complete 08/12, under review 09/22, and the earliest available date for my interview was early December.
Just got the hold, complete 8/3 under review 9/16.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medcadhopeful1111
Full Member
Hold on, so people have already been interviewing as early as Sept? is this for the early entrance?
Just booked my interview for December and now thinking i shoulda picked the earlier November dates.. yikes
Just booked my interview for December and now thinking i shoulda picked the earlier November dates.. yikes
Hold on, so people have already been interviewing as early as Sept? is this for the early entrance?
Just booked my interview for December and now thinking i shoulda picked the earlier November dates.. yikes
wanttobeamd22
Full Member
Just got the big bad R. It's all good. Best of luck to you all!
medcadhopeful1111
Full Member
oof so earlier dates are better huh?
idk loloof so earlier dates are better huh?