-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Tulane
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I’m not, I looked at the old thread it seemed people heard back around Oct 22So for the people that interviewed in September. Are you expecting to hear back today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dallen1001
Full Member
That is fair, but multiple hurricanes hit New Orleans during this time last year. Good luck to everyone waiting!I’m not, I looked at the old thread it seemed people heard back around Oct 22
True! I looked at the thread before the last and people heard back on the 15th so who knows I guessThat is fair, but multiple hurricanes hit New Orleans during this time last year. Good luck to everyone waiting!
Congratulations to everyone who got an interview and/or accepted! I'm sorry (again) for my late responses here; just finished another block exam. Hurricane Ida pushed everything back a fair bit, so everything is condensed and made checking SDN the lowest priority.
I don't think it matters as much when you pick an interview; assuming you don't pick a date several months later (i.e. you receive an II in early October 2021, but picks a date in February 2022). That would raise a few negative eyebrows (apologies for being judgemental). As for when you'd hear back your decision (whether it'd be regarding interview invitations or waitlist/acceptance), this is again non-linear. Tulane tries its best to remain relatively on time, but seeing that we receive many applications, it's not unreasonable that there'd be some delays.
For reference, I got my II 1 month after submitting my secondary; interviewed 2 months later and got my acceptance 1 month later. I also know of fellow first year classmates who received their II multiple months after submitting their secondary and/or acceptance around 2-3 months after their interview too. The process, unfortunately, is non-linear; numerous factors and steps are involved (i.e. linkage programs, stats/experiences, who is reviewing your file(s), when your file is reviewed post-II, etc) that are not revealed to those outside of the Admissions Committee. It's a black box that is understandably anxiety-inducing for applicants.
Good luck with your applications! I'm sure you are all excellent candidates who I'd love to meet next year as future classmates!
I don't think it matters as much when you pick an interview; assuming you don't pick a date several months later (i.e. you receive an II in early October 2021, but picks a date in February 2022). That would raise a few negative eyebrows (apologies for being judgemental). As for when you'd hear back your decision (whether it'd be regarding interview invitations or waitlist/acceptance), this is again non-linear. Tulane tries its best to remain relatively on time, but seeing that we receive many applications, it's not unreasonable that there'd be some delays.
For reference, I got my II 1 month after submitting my secondary; interviewed 2 months later and got my acceptance 1 month later. I also know of fellow first year classmates who received their II multiple months after submitting their secondary and/or acceptance around 2-3 months after their interview too. The process, unfortunately, is non-linear; numerous factors and steps are involved (i.e. linkage programs, stats/experiences, who is reviewing your file(s), when your file is reviewed post-II, etc) that are not revealed to those outside of the Admissions Committee. It's a black box that is understandably anxiety-inducing for applicants.
Good luck with your applications! I'm sure you are all excellent candidates who I'd love to meet next year as future classmates!
Dallen1001
Full Member
Thanks for the feedback. That was helpful!Congratulations to everyone who got an interview and/or accepted! I'm sorry (again) for my late responses here; just finished another block exam. Hurricane Ida pushed everything back a fair bit, so everything is condensed and made checking SDN the lowest priority.
I don't think it matters as much when you pick an interview; assuming you don't pick a date several months later (i.e. you receive an II in early October 2021, but picks a date in February 2022). That would raise a few negative eyebrows (apologies for being judgemental). As for when you'd hear back your decision (whether it'd be regarding interview invitations or waitlist/acceptance), this is again non-linear. Tulane tries its best to remain relatively on time, but seeing that we receive many applications, it's not unreasonable that there'd be some delays.
For reference, I got my II 1 month after submitting my secondary; interviewed 2 months later and got my acceptance 1 month later. I also know of fellow first year classmates who received their II multiple months after submitting their secondary and/or acceptance around 2-3 months after their interview too. The process, unfortunately, is non-linear; numerous factors and steps are involved (i.e. linkage programs, stats/experiences, who is reviewing your file(s), when your file is reviewed post-II, etc) that are not revealed to those outside of the Admissions Committee. It's a black box that is understandably anxiety-inducing for applicants.
Good luck with your applications! I'm sure you are all excellent candidates who I'd love to meet next year as future classmates!
My interview was a month ago so I was hoping to 😩So for the people that interviewed in September. Are you expecting to hear back today?
Last edited:
Yeah I interviewed 9/7 so I was thinking maybe there was a chanceMy interview was over a month ago so I was hoping to 😩
What if we called? I interview 9/3... Was expecting a call by now... Oh well. Even if it's a waitlist I would rather know.
D
deleted1119327
Got an A via email about an hour ago.
vivekaveena
Full Member
When did you interview?Got an A via email about an hour ago.
D
deleted1119327
September 15thWhen did you interview?
Has anyone else heard back yet? Just want to make sure im not getting trolledGot an A via email about an hour ago.
I have not heard anything and my interview was Sept. 3rdHas anyone else heard back yet? Just want to make sure im not getting trolled
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1119327
Very offended lol. Not trolling.Has anyone else heard back yet? Just want to make sure im not getting trolled
vivekaveena
Full Member
I also interviewed on September 15 and haven't received any communicationHas anyone else heard back yet? Just want to make sure im not getting trolled
Last edited:
vivekaveena
Full Member
CONGRATS! v proud 🙂September 15th
Same^I also interviewed on September 15 and haven't received any communication
Anynoe still not underewiew? if so complete dates?
D
deleted853360
Complete 8/11Anynoe still not underewiew? if so complete dates?
8/14Anynoe still not underewiew? if so complete dates?
Complete 8/8Anynoe still not underewiew? if so complete dates?
Anynoe still not underewiew? if so complete dates?
I’m not under review. Complete mid august
Complete 9/7 just put on review 10/15. I got the "under review" email the day after I submitted an update, so I'm curious if the two are related. Probably just a coincidence
msjackson275
Full Member
Is it just one faculty interview? Or multiple?
idcaboutntg
Full Member
uhhh so I just realized my secondary invitation was sent to my junk mail...is it too late to complete and submit? I know it's pretty late.
Yeah it's too late unfortunately, their application deadline was 10/15 🙁uhhh so I just realized my secondary invitation was sent to my junk mail...is it too late to complete and submit? I know it's pretty late.
uhhh so I just realized my secondary invitation was sent to my junk mail...is it too late to complete and submit? I know it's pretty late.
Yeah it's too late unfortunately, their application deadline was 10/15 🙁
Secondary applications are due November 15.
Oh oops ignore me then, sorry about thatSecondary applications are due November 15.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1080417
It’s a bones day y’all, hoping that means good news is coming our way!
It’s sad that I understand your reference LOLIt’s a bones day y’all, hoping that means good news is coming our way!
D
deleted1080417
I think you mean amazing. Bones day on a Monday must be celebrated!It’s sad that I understand your reference LOL
You’re so right!!! Fingers crossed everyone!I think you mean amazing. Bones day on a Monday must be celebrated!
nicobean
Full Member
+1Interview hold this morning, under review 9/10 marked complete 8/1
same is this basically a soft rejection? Anyone know what the hold means at this school?Got put on Hold for Possible Interview. Complete 8/2, under review 9/15
It's not a soft reject. If anything, its a not too bad spot because they didn't straight up reject you. You have potential to be accepted, which is the good part. Consider that out of 18k+ applications they only interview 600 MAX, which is approx 3.3%. It's quite early in the season as well, so if they think that you have potential to be interviewed, it's not a bad spot to be insame is this basically a soft rejection? Anyone know what the hold means at this school?
Finally under review. Complete 8/8.
keeppushing99
Full Member
II a moment ago!! Complete 8/5, under review 9/26, first available date was 1st week of December
anyone else under review for 2+ months with no word?
Do you get an email notification saying that you are under review? Or is it something you just check?Finally under review. Complete 8/8.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1109225
II today! Holy crap.
Basically asking the same thing except not under review yet for 2+ months with no word?anyone else under review for 2+ months with no word?
I got an email.Do you get an email notification saying that you are under review? Or is it something you just check?
Who did people address updates to?