-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Tulane
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
stanleytucciofmedicine
Full Member
Haven't heard anything yet, hopefully really soon 🥲Anyone from the 10/20 interview group hear back yet or know when we should expect a decision?
anyone under review today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I went under review on Jan 2, complete 8/17
under review today, complete 9/7
Just got put on hold for an interview. Do people get off of the hold list this late in the cycle, or is it basically a soft R??
edit: I looked earlier in the thread and there are apparently some people who get off the hold list, so there seems to be some hope!
edit: I looked earlier in the thread and there are apparently some people who get off the hold list, so there seems to be some hope!
Last edited:
I just wanna be under review [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]. Please Tulane just look at my app. I don’t even care if you reject me anymore. Just take a quick peek
I just wanna be under review [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]. Please Tulane just look at my app. I don’t even care if you reject me anymore. Just take a quick peek
With a LM of over 9000, you'll get an II
Congrats!!!! Super helpful, thank you!!! Do you mind sharing stats?Accepted today!
Secondary submitted on 7/19, Under review 8/9, II 10/1, Interview 10/29, Update letter 11/21, Letter of Intent 12/29
Hope this helps
any 12/10 interviewers heard back yet?
also pre II - R today. Hopefully someone else will give us the A!Under review 12/8 got the pre ii R today (expected tho due to low MCAT) good luck everyone!
lol i don't think any of us November people have heard backany 12/10 interviewers heard back yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Absolutely. I had a 3.8 GPA (3.7 sGPA) and a 509 MCAT (taken once, January 2021).Accepted today!
Secondary submitted on 7/19, Under review 8/9, II 10/1, Interview 10/29, Update letter 11/21, Letter of Intent 12/29
Hope this helps
sorry to hear. did you send any updates?Under review 12/8 got the pre ii R today (expected tho due to low MCAT) good luck everyone!
under review today, complete mid sept, now with the same expectation
GoodBlueberry19
New Member
Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!! I hope you'll choose to join us in the fall 😀
stanleytucciofmedicine
Full Member
I'm in the 8/20 group and also haven't heard back. I saw some posters received their decisions going up to 11 weeks? hopefully we hear back soon <3Has anyone from the 10/14 interview heard back yet? kinda freaking out
I completed here on 7/20. Under review on 8/9. Hold for interview on 8/19. Haven't heard a peep since. 3.70, 512, ORM
anonymoussuomynona
New Member
Pre-Interview hold today. Under review 11/9. 521, 3.7, OOS, ORM. Tulane was my top choice.
sorry to hear. did you send any updates?
under review today, complete mid sept, now with the same expectation![]()
No update, I’m already prepping for an mcat retake and applying next cycle so I didn’t bother to update. My MCAT is below the bottom 10% on MSAR so I wasn’t too surprised.
Resilience is golden. You got this!No update, I’m already prepping for an mcat retake and applying next cycle so I didn’t bother to update. My MCAT is below the bottom 10% on MSAR so I wasn’t too surprised.
Sparklyflamingo
Full Member
do you mind me asking, how low was your mcat? no worries if you don't want to share! Still haven't heard anything back so thinking this could be whyUnder review 12/8 got the pre ii R today (expected tho due to low MCAT) good luck everyone!
stanleytucciofmedicine
Full Member
AR just now :-/ Hopeful for some movements in May or so (interview 10/20)
II received just now. OOS and been under review since 10/3. Will be withdrawing my app, good luck to those waiting
D
deleted1109225
I'm just wondering, has anyone received an interview invitation without being under review or without being on-hold for an interview? Like...they went straight from a complete application to an interview invitation?
medshark123
Full Member
II just now under review in October
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
post #1284do you mind me asking, how low was your mcat? no worries if you don't want to share! Still haven't heard anything back so thinking this could be why
hey! I think this is what happened to me! I interviewed on Nov 11th and am still waiting to hear backI'm just wondering, has anyone received an interview invitation without being under review or without being on-hold for an interview? Like...they went straight from a complete application to an interview invitation?
Can someone explain what all the short forms mean.. AR? pre-II i'm guessing means 'before secondary'?
D
deleted1109225
AR = Acceptance Range = Tulane's way of waitlisting after the interview, it's not a rejection, it's not an acceptanceCan someone explain what all the short forms mean.. AR? pre-II i'm guessing means 'before secondary'?
Pre-II = before an interview invitation, sometimes you'll see Pre-II R (rejected before an interview), it could be before or after completing a secondary
II = interview invitation
Complete = when the application has all its components and is marked complete by the institution
Submitted = usually means when the secondary was submitted, sometimes means when their primary was submitted, depends on the context
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
thank you so much for this clarification! now I feel like I understand people here ahaAR = Acceptance Range = Tulane's way of waitlisting after the interview, it's not a rejection, it's not an acceptance
Pre-II = before an interview invitation, sometimes you'll see Pre-II R (rejected before an interview), it could be before or after completing a secondary
II = interview invitation
Complete = when the application has all its components and is marked complete by the institution
Submitted = usually means when the secondary was submitted, sometimes means when their primary was submitted, depends on the context
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Sparklyflamingo
Full Member
Thank you! I didn't even seepost #1284
premed0005
Full Member
has anyone that interviewed in early November heard back yet? how long should I wait before reaching out to the admissions team?
From what I've heard, Tulane typically takes 6-8 weeks to give a response after your interview. It could take longer or shorter (which sucks) but that's just how the waiting game is played. Hopefully someone can answer you about an appropriate time to email the admissions team. But I also know they go by "no news is good news" lolhas anyone that interviewed in early November heard back yet? how long should I wait before reaching out to the admissions team?
I interviewed on Nov 11th and have yet to hear backhas anyone that interviewed in early November heard back yet? how long should I wait before reaching out to the admissions team?
The October group just heard back and I think we were the last group of the month. Guessing y'all got another 1-2.5 weeks till you get your decisions. Never know tho.has anyone that interviewed in early November heard back yet? how long should I wait before reaching out to the admissions team?
Finally under review!! Complete in mid-August. I was getting nervous there...
vivekaveena
Full Member
Got the A earlier today!! Interview date was September 15 🙂
Holy **** that's literally 16 weeks of waiting.Got the A earlier today!! Interview date was September 15 🙂
Complete on 7/31 and just received an email saying my application is under review. Hopefully others receive this email and we all hear some good news!
Complete on 7/31 and just received an email saying my application is under review. Hopefully others receive this email and we all hear some good news!
How are they processing these apps??!
One of my friends was complete right before Halloween and just got their under review email.
I was complete Oct 8th and still nothing!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Honestly I know someone who was complete 7/15. This process sucks for many of us.What is the longest you've heard of someone being under review? It's been months for me
Honestly I know someone who was complete 7/15. This process sucks for many of us.
Bruhhhh
7/15?! Isn’t that like the earliest date possible lol
D
deleted1109225
They probably submitted their primary 6/1/2020.Bruhhhh
7/15?! Isn’t that like the earliest date possible lol
Last edited by a moderator:
I've been under review for 4 months nowWhat is the longest you've heard of someone being under review? It's been months for me