2021-2022 UC Riverside

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
haven’t gotten any updates since my hold. still nothing. are they sending them out in batches?
 
Finally received a rejection today after being on hold since mid-January lol
+1. UCR and CUSM were my top 2 options since I'm an IE resident and I'd be able to commute from home. I even had a meeting with with UCRSOM prior to the application cycle opening up to see of my app would be competitive. They told me I should "definitely apply" because my app was competitive enough but I couldn't even get an interview with UCR. Currently on the waitlist at CUSM and im praying for that to turn into an A. Idk I guess I'm just venting, but I feel like they just strung me along for my money. I didn't get off to a hot start as an undergrad but eventually I turned it around and even got a 3.99 in my post bacc. Just sucks, feels like I'm being punished for having poor fresh/soph years. This R really hurts since its the local school for me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1. UCR and CUSM were my top 2 options since I'm an IE resident and I'd be able to commute from home. I even had a meeting with with UCRSOM prior to the application cycle opening up to see of my app would be competitive. They told me I should "definitely apply" because my app was competitive enough but I couldn't even get an interview with UCR. Currently on the waitlist at CUSM and im praying for that to turn into an A. Idk I guess I'm just venting, but I feel like they just strung me along for my money. I didn't get off to a hot start as an undergrad but eventually I turned it around and even got a 3.99 in my post bacc. Just sucks, feels like I'm being punished for having poor fresh/soph years. This R really hurts since its the local school for me.
I feel you. I really hope you are able to start at CUSM this fall and everything works out for you. I'm in a bit of a similar situation and it does really suck but I have hope that one day when we become doctors this will all just seem like a minor inconvenience in our journey.
 
+1. UCR and CUSM were my top 2 options since I'm an IE resident and I'd be able to commute from home. I even had a meeting with with UCRSOM prior to the application cycle opening up to see of my app would be competitive. They told me I should "definitely apply" because my app was competitive enough but I couldn't even get an interview with UCR. Currently on the waitlist at CUSM and im praying for that to turn into an A. Idk I guess I'm just venting, but I feel like they just strung me along for my money. I didn't get off to a hot start as an undergrad but eventually I turned it around and even got a 3.99 in my post bacc. Just sucks, feels like I'm being punished for having poor fresh/soph years. This R really hurts since its the local school for me.
This process is so incredibly tough and I hope it works out this cycle! We have to remember to keep our head up and hope the cards work in our favor. No matter how hard it may seem now, just remember you will become a doctor one day and whichever school gets you will be lucky 🙂
 
+1. UCR and CUSM were my top 2 options since I'm an IE resident and I'd be able to commute from home. I even had a meeting with with UCRSOM prior to the application cycle opening up to see of my app would be competitive. They told me I should "definitely apply" because my app was competitive enough but I couldn't even get an interview with UCR. Currently on the waitlist at CUSM and im praying for that to turn into an A. Idk I guess I'm just venting, but I feel like they just strung me along for my money. I didn't get off to a hot start as an undergrad but eventually I turned it around and even got a 3.99 in my post bacc. Just sucks, feels like I'm being punished for having poor fresh/soph years. This R really hurts since its the local school for me.
I hope you get the A from them soon! Early college years definitely do not define who we are or accurately represent our growth. I also applied to CUSM and they ghosted me ever since I submitted my application last summer lol. I emailed and called to ask about my status with no reply. Not even an R 🤣
 
Has anyone else been keeping track of how many members are in the UCRSOM C/O 2026 FB page? There are nearly 100 members already 🙁 I hope that doesn't mean that class is near full already.
 
Damn! This blog brings back a lot of memories from my application cycle a couple of years ago. Is Dr. Cooper still making the calls to deliver the good new? When she called me, I thought it was one of my friends playing a prank on me. was given a 30K per year Dean Scholarship hear, but did not attend. GL all.
Wow congrats. Where did you end up attending. yeah Dr. Cooper still making the calls
 
Do we think they might send out more acceptances now that people have to had narrow down their schools to 3 choices ? 😂 I feel silly even asking this.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed in October, no waitlist or post-II R. Anyone else heard nothing today? Seems like they have began sending out decisions
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad