2021-2022 UC Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just waiting for my rejection. I just have a few left and I want to catch them all

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah so it's a no go for the Conditional Admittance program. I had a one-on-one meeting with a program member and they said to email the admissions committee chair to see if they would consider a re-evaluation of my app. I sent an email and they responded with an "all decisions are final" :/ I guess it was worth a shot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah so it's a no go for the Conditional Admittance program. I had a one-on-one meeting with a program member and they said to email the admissions committee chair to see if they would consider a re-evaluation of my app. I sent an email and they responded with an "all decisions are final" :/ I guess it was worth a shot.
so did you get an interview or were you on hold?

so did you get an interview or were you on hold?
I was on hold when I got an email regarding the conditional admittance program which would require an interview to be considered. The following email was then an interview invitation. I'm assuming they placed me in a separate pool for just the CA program

Interviewed in October, still heard nothing. Have to start committing to this other school I got into which sucks because ucr was my top choice. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone on hold heard anything back yet?
Was on hold since January. Just got the R haha. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back from others schools!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Just got the R email as well. Kinda figured. G'luck to others !

• Care
Just got the R! Even after the update and severe letter of interest lol

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
haven’t gotten any updates since my hold. still nothing. are they sending them out in batches?

Finally received a rejection today after being on hold since mid-January lol
+1. UCR and CUSM were my top 2 options since I'm an IE resident and I'd be able to commute from home. I even had a meeting with with UCRSOM prior to the application cycle opening up to see of my app would be competitive. They told me I should "definitely apply" because my app was competitive enough but I couldn't even get an interview with UCR. Currently on the waitlist at CUSM and im praying for that to turn into an A. Idk I guess I'm just venting, but I feel like they just strung me along for my money. I didn't get off to a hot start as an undergrad but eventually I turned it around and even got a 3.99 in my post bacc. Just sucks, feels like I'm being punished for having poor fresh/soph years. This R really hurts since its the local school for me.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
+1. UCR and CUSM were my top 2 options since I'm an IE resident and I'd be able to commute from home. I even had a meeting with with UCRSOM prior to the application cycle opening up to see of my app would be competitive. They told me I should "definitely apply" because my app was competitive enough but I couldn't even get an interview with UCR. Currently on the waitlist at CUSM and im praying for that to turn into an A. Idk I guess I'm just venting, but I feel like they just strung me along for my money. I didn't get off to a hot start as an undergrad but eventually I turned it around and even got a 3.99 in my post bacc. Just sucks, feels like I'm being punished for having poor fresh/soph years. This R really hurts since its the local school for me.
I feel you. I really hope you are able to start at CUSM this fall and everything works out for you. I'm in a bit of a similar situation and it does really suck but I have hope that one day when we become doctors this will all just seem like a minor inconvenience in our journey.

This process is so incredibly tough and I hope it works out this cycle! We have to remember to keep our head up and hope the cards work in our favor. No matter how hard it may seem now, just remember you will become a doctor one day and whichever school gets you will be lucky :)

• Care
I hope you get the A from them soon! Early college years definitely do not define who we are or accurately represent our growth. I also applied to CUSM and they ghosted me ever since I submitted my application last summer lol. I emailed and called to ask about my status with no reply. Not even an R 🤣

Has anyone else been keeping track of how many members are in the UCRSOM C/O 2026 FB page? There are nearly 100 members already :( I hope that doesn't mean that class is near full already.

Has anyone else been keeping track of how many members are in the UCRSOM C/O 2026 FB page? There are nearly 100 members already :( I hope that doesn't mean that class is near full already.
It’s 99 members last I checked. But could also include upperclassman

Yeah I see about 50% of them being upper classmen. lots of them have pics of them already in white coats so cant really tell how many seats still open

Anyone waiting since sept interview? Lol so sad, frustrated, reluctant to give up hope all at the same time lol

Has anyone been waitlisted?? Am I missing something? Don’t we have to commit soon? Lol

Has anyone been waitlisted?? Am I missing something? Don’t we have to commit soon? Lol
no WLs sent at all. based on last years threads they were all sent out around end of april to may. i guess it’s what the ghosted students (like me :( ) should expect lol

• Sad
Damn! This blog brings back a lot of memories from my application cycle a couple of years ago. Is Dr. Cooper still making the calls to deliver the good new? When she called me, I thought it was one of my friends playing a prank on me. was given a 30K per year Dean Scholarship hear, but did not attend. GL all.
Wow congrats. Where did you end up attending. yeah Dr. Cooper still making the calls

I'm going stir crazy--literally feel a rush of anxiety every time I receive a phone call 😭 In last year's thread, they only received acceptances on Thursdays and Fridays it seems...I'm holding out hope for all of us!

Reactions: 5 users
Do we think they might send out more acceptances now that people have to had narrow down their schools to 3 choices ? 😂 I feel silly even asking this.

Post-II R :( Good luck to everyone else still in the running! And big congrats to those who got accepted!!!!

• Care
Interviewed in October, no waitlist or post-II R. Anyone else heard nothing today? Seems like they have began sending out decisions