2021-2022 UC Riverside

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I talked to admissions and they normally interview til March and they are still interviewing but not sure how many more they will send out. Probably nearing the end
a friend of mine told me they added an interview date for 3/29 and that is gonna be their last interview date. I think As and WLs will start rolling out mid april after
 
I went through a whole rollercoaster just now. With doctortrafalgarlaw mentioning there’s only one date left to lela013 saying they do conditional admits. Not sure if I should have hope as a pre-II hold or not 🤣
 
Last edited:
I went through a whole rollercoaster just now. With doctortrafalgarlaw mentioning there’s only one date left to lela013 saying they do conditional admits. Now sure if I should have hope as a pre-II hold or not 🤣
Haha I mean to be fair I had received nothing but silence from them since I submitted by secondary in July! 😅 I lost hope months ago lol so if you’ve been put on a pre-II hopefully that means they see something in you and give you a chance 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The email basically said you fit our mission but your academics might need work before med school so do our conditional program where you interview next week, do their special program starting in the summer, and apply again in the fall to only UCRSOM
oh okay. mind sharing what your stats are? I also have low stats.
 
The email basically said you fit our mission but your academics might need work before med school so do our conditional program where you interview next week, do their special program starting in the summer, and apply again in the fall to only UCRSOM
I just learned about the conditional acceptance program at another UC and basically you take a couple classes and if you get higher than a 3.5 GPA you are already in for next year! congrats 🙂 I wish I got one of these lol do you mind sharing your stats?
 
I just learned about the conditional acceptance program at another UC and basically you take a couple classes and if you get higher than a 3.5 GPA you are already in for next year! congrats 🙂 I wish I got one of these lol do you mind sharing your stats?
oh okay. mind sharing what your stats are? I also have low stats.
UCR alum, IS, 3.3 cumulative undergrad, 3.5 grad school GPA, over 700 clinical hours at hospitals in Riverside, and 2 years research experience.
 
Anyone going to the Open house happening April 9th? I think its both for the class of 2026 as well as the Pathway Programs
I didnt even know there was one on the 9th. Thought it was another day

Nvm just saw the email!
 
Last edited:
To those who interviewed, how was the MMI session? I know you can’t give details or exact questions, but was it stressful? Was it a good mix of ethical scenarios and expected questions like “why medicine?” Was there any acting scenarios? TIA
 
Interviewed in Nov. haven’t heard back. What’s going on here?
same interviewed in october no word back.. we probably got waitlisted, and looking at last years thread a lot of ppl who didn’t hear anything ended up getting an email that they were waitlisted end of april
 
Any recent update on potential IIs? An update from last week indicated 3/29 to be the last day for interviews. Thanks!
I also would like to know! All the other UCs have at least rejected me by now and UCR is holding me in limbo. I know some other schools said they typically end interviews in March but they opened April interview spots this cycle.....I am trying to remain hopeful until I get the R
 
I also would like to know! All the other UCs have at least rejected me by now and UCR is holding me in limbo. I know some other schools said they typically end interviews in March but they opened April interview spots this cycle.....I am trying to remain hopeful until I get the R
Let's keep our fingers crossed. I tried calling admissions yesterday, but couldn't get in touch with anyone. Hoping we can get an update from someone on this thread.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed admissions and they said pretty much what everyone on this thread has already known. They said they'll still be sending out IIs via email until the interviews conclude at the "end of the month." But idk how true that is since someone mentioned the last interview date they have might be today. Godspeed to those of us still on hold 🙁
 
I emailed admissions and they said pretty much what everyone on this thread has already known. They said they'll still be sending out IIs via email until the interviews conclude at the "end of the month." But idk how true that is since someone mentioned the last interview date they have might be today. Godspeed to those of us still on hold 🙁

The end of the month better mean April 30th..
 
Does anyone know if the class is full? Because if thats the case the acceptances they will be sending out will be because of students dropping ucrs acceptance.
 
I interviewed for the conditional admittance program but I am not willing to add another year in completing their Masters program since I have an MD acceptance OOS. However, since UCR would be a better fit for me I am going to try to convince them to re-evaluate my application and hopefully grant me an A. It's quite a stretch but I'm truly interested in practicing medicine in Riverside which I hope they'll take into consideration. I know my low stats are holding me back, but since they saw some potential in my application I'm going to throw this Hail Mary!
 
I interviewed for the conditional admittance program but I am not willing to add another year in completing their Masters program since I have an MD acceptance OOS. However, since UCR would be a better fit for me I am going to try to convince them to re-evaluate my application and hopefully grant me an A. It's quite a stretch but I'm truly interested in practicing medicine in Riverside which I hope they'll take into consideration. I know my low stats are holding me back, but since they saw some potential in my application I'm going to throw this Hail Mary!
That's the spirit! Best of luck.
 
I interviewed for the conditional admittance program but I am not willing to add another year in completing their Masters program since I have an MD acceptance OOS. However, since UCR would be a better fit for me I am going to try to convince them to re-evaluate my application and hopefully grant me an A. It's quite a stretch but I'm truly interested in practicing medicine in Riverside which I hope they'll take into consideration. I know my low stats are holding me back, but since they saw some potential in my application I'm going to throw this Hail Mary!
I am in the same position as well and am considering doing the same thing. Please let me know if you have success in doing so.
 
I am in the same position as well and am considering doing the same thing. Please let me know if you have success in doing so.
Just be careful and worse case scenario you might have to go out of state. If you get accepted to an MD school and dont go, they blacklist you and you can never get accepted in any med school for the rest of your life again. Perhaps a DO school maybe. I hope UCR accepts you guys though. Would love to see you guys in my class.
 
I've been on hold since January 2022 and emailed admissions to ask about my application status. They said that their interview season had concluded and that those on hold should receive an official application update by early next week.

Congrats to all who were accepted and heads up to those still waiting for an acceptance!
So they will be sending out rejections next week to all those who were on hold and did not get an II, correct?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah so it's a no go for the Conditional Admittance program. I had a one-on-one meeting with a program member and they said to email the admissions committee chair to see if they would consider a re-evaluation of my app. I sent an email and they responded with an "all decisions are final" :/ I guess it was worth a shot.
 
Yeah so it's a no go for the Conditional Admittance program. I had a one-on-one meeting with a program member and they said to email the admissions committee chair to see if they would consider a re-evaluation of my app. I sent an email and they responded with an "all decisions are final" :/ I guess it was worth a shot.
so did you get an interview or were you on hold?
 
so did you get an interview or were you on hold?
I was on hold when I got an email regarding the conditional admittance program which would require an interview to be considered. The following email was then an interview invitation. I'm assuming they placed me in a separate pool for just the CA program