2021-2022 UC Riverside

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Worst case their class is "Full"- Lets break it down. The commit to enroll date is still months away so a good amounts of these people accept will commit somewhere else. Lets recall that UCR only accepts In state students and these Instate students usually rank UCR as their last choice. Many will choose UCLA, UCSD, UCD, UCI UCSF over UCR for sure so that leaves more room for us. Plus even considering private schools like USC, Kaiser, Stanford etc, people will school choose those over UCR so theres still room for people. BIG PATTERN - Because these interviews are on zoom, people aren't rejecting their interviews like in the past. So even if that UCSF accepted student has no interest in UCR, they will still show up to the interview regardless and take up "acceptance space" which they will later let go for other schools. Theres hope for lots of people.
Admissions just told me UCR done interviews middle March
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II on Thursday. I hadn’t heard anything since I finished my secondaries back in September, I thought for sure it would turn into a silent R. Any interview prep recommendations?
CONGRATS! were you on hold prior to interview?
also mind sharing stats?
 
Has anyone had movement since the "on hold" email that UCR sent out a few weeks ago?
I did some digging and it looks like they didn’t do the pre II hold last year, but the year before they did and all the late interview invites were people that had not received the “on hold” email. Which means that I, being someone who received the hold email, will probably not be getting an II from UCR. Still holding on to a little bit of hope though!
 
I did some digging and it looks like they didn’t do the pre II hold last year, but the year before they did and all the late interview invites were people that had not received the “on hold” email. Which means that I, being someone who received the hold email, will probably not be getting an II from UCR. Still holding on to a little bit of hope though!
I saw that the two II that were reported on here for last week were those that didn't get the hold email so seems like hold = silence R perhaps. But yea maybe a little bit of hope <3
 
I saw that the two II that were reported on here for last week were those that didn't get the hold email so seems like hold = silence R perhaps. But yea maybe a little bit of hope <3
I think there were people who were on hold that got IIs (a couple days after pre-II holds were sent out). And there were also people who didn't receive holds that got pre-II Rs. So who knows???
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey hey everyone! I would appreciate some guidance - for those who sent a letter of intent, did you address it to Dr. Cooper or the admissions committee? Thank you!
 
I also feel like they are slow to get acceptances this because they don't want to over accept like this year. They made a point to say that their goal class size is 80 and that's last year's class ended up being 86. And I guess 6 people is a lot to them so their probably just holding out to avoid this again and monitoring the amount of people that are planning to enroll/committing to enroll through CYMS before accepting more students
 
I thought someone said the only available interview date on their II was March 1?
They only open up a limited number of date/time slots as they offer interviews, or at least that's how it appears. When I was given an II, there was no slots available and I was told to standby as they made more slots available and then once they did, only one slot for date/time was visible. I say all that to say, don't take that date (March 1) as authoritative for the last interview date.
 
Hi guys! I got an II on January 20th, the only date they had for me was the 29th. It went well but I haven't heard back yet about any A/R/WL. I was wondering has anyone received any acceptances recently in the past couple of weeks? A friend of mine interviewed Jan 13th and received an acceptance on Feb 4th so about 3 weeks. It has been a month and 2 weeks so It looks like I wont hear anything until after interview szn possibly plan to enroll szn.
 
Hi guys! I got an II on January 20th, the only date they had for me was the 29th. It went well but I haven't heard back yet about any A/R/WL. I was wondering has anyone received any acceptances recently in the past couple of weeks? A friend of mine interviewed Jan 13th and received an acceptance on Feb 4th so about 3 weeks. It has been a month and 2 weeks so It looks like I wont hear anything until after interview szn possibly plan to enroll szn.
Also side note I think per II batch, they only offer one interview date and cram the whole batch on that date considering the fact that they only give you 48 hours to respond to the interview email.
 
Hi guys! I got an II on January 20th, the only date they had for me was the 29th. It went well but I haven't heard back yet about any A/R/WL. I was wondering has anyone received any acceptances recently in the past couple of weeks? A friend of mine interviewed Jan 13th and received an acceptance on Feb 4th so about 3 weeks. It has been a month and 2 weeks so It looks like I wont hear anything until after interview szn possibly plan to enroll szn.
Yeah that’s most of our situations here. I think only a select few applicants get accepted within 3 weeks and the rest are sorta ghosted til after March
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad