2021-2022 Weill Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When is generally the last interview invite sent here?

Members don't see this ad.

Any detectives know what dates MD decisions have been sent out over the past few years?

Any detectives know what dates MD decisions have been sent out over the past few years?
2020-2021
- A: 3/8 (M)
2019-2020
- A: 3/13 (F)
2018-2019
- A: 3/8 (F)

So my guesses are 2nd week of March either 3/7 (M) or 3/11 (F)

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
New II's anytime soon? Complete End of Sept :/

Reactions: 2 users
+1, complete 7/12

Sent multiple updates throughout the cycle. So stoked since Cornell is my top choice!!!

EDIT: scheduled for 2/17 interview

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Guys this is one of my dream schools, just to have a shot is so exciting 😭 😭 😭

II, complete 8/14, reaaplicant

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
To those who have been interviewed, is there a social before/after the interview?

Does anyone know if the interview is open/closed file? What was the interview day like?

Lastly, are there any current students I can PM questions about the school?

Reactions: 1 user
Since Cornell is non-rolling, does it mean us Feb interviewees will get a definite decision on March 15th?

To those who have been interviewed, is there a social before/after the interview?

Does anyone know if the interview is open/closed file? What was the interview day like?

Lastly, are there any current students I can PM questions about the school?
We had a “Meet the Dean” where everyone introduced themselves and the Dean spoke about the school. They played a few short videos that gave information on the school. Then a Q&A with current M1s.

Interview was open file. You have two and then you’re done. And this all sounds super simple because it pretty much was just like this lol.

Last edited:
Also reporting in with an MD II yesterday after MD/PhD R like 5 months ago. Did not send updates throughout cycle, forgot I applied/wrote them off as a rejection, am excited!

Now that I am actually looking into it the student housing (even subsidized) is extremely expensive. Anyone know (maybe current students?) if loan or financial aid amount can be increased to cover student housing for those who need to rent a whole 2 bedroom?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an II, complete 7/22
Congratulations!! Did you send any updates or letters of interest before getting this interview invitation? Also, how far out were they letting you schedule your interview?

II yesterday as well.

Does anyone have any ideas about post-interview acceptance rate?
This gives me a little home. Did you send any updates or letters of interest before getting this interview invitation? Also, how far out were they letting you schedule your interview?

This gives me a little home. Did you send any updates or letters of interest before getting this interview invitation? Also, how far out were they letting you schedule your interview?
They offered me Feb 10th and Feb 17th. So like 2 weeks out max

Congratulations!! Did you send any updates or letters of interest before getting this interview invitation? Also, how far out were they letting you schedule your interview?
I didn't send anything to them to update, not even a publication update which I sent to most schools bc I thought I was rejected. The dates for me are 2/10 and 2/17

Reactions: 1 users
Are all interviewees evaluated and decided upon after interviews are over? Or are people who interviewed early in the cycle A/WL/R'd already and just haven't been told?

It could mean nothing but someone from Cornell was looking at my LinkedIn recently. Maybe they continually review as they interview with the A/WL/R list changing as they go? I interviewed early December

• Wow
It could mean nothing but someone from Cornell was looking at my LinkedIn recently. Maybe they continually review as they interview with the A/WL/R list changing as they go? I interviewed early December
Was this today or yesterday?

+1 to the Cornell looking at my LinkedIn thing... #caughtin4k
No LinkedIn views but my YouTube channel (which normally doesn’t get many views) got a random spike of Six views where they watched the whole thing. So. That happened.

• Wow
+3 on someone from Weill Cornell Medicine viewing my Linkedin profile lol

• Haha
now I'm scared cuz I don't have a Linkedin profile set up...

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Where did you guys send your update letters/LOI's post II? Is there an email or a portal to upload it to?

Where did you guys send your update letters/LOI's post II? Is there an email or a portal to upload it to?
There is an email, but I’d look back to the email you got from them after you submitted your secondary because it comes with instructions on how to title the pdf and how to send it.

There is an email, but I’d look back to the email you got from them after you submitted your secondary because it comes with instructions on how to title the pdf and how to send it.
I always titled the pdf as “Lastname_firstname_AAMCID_mmddyy” as per their instructions

I called cornell to see when they would stop sending out interview invites. They said by the end of the month.

Reactions: 15 users
What I wouldn’t do to get an II from here or even an II in general. Not looking likely if they’re finishing up sending them this month. Sigh. Pain.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users
So a few weeks ago I sent an update letter to the appropriate email and I have email tracking and saw that they haven't opened it at all LOL. I did get a confirmation email a few minutes after sending saying that the update letter will be added to my file. I'm not sure if the email tracking app isn't working or if I should reach out to admissions? Or should I have gotten an email that actually confirms that the letter was added? I doubt it will help at this point but just wanted to hear your thoughts.

So a few weeks ago I sent an update letter to the appropriate email and I have email tracking and saw that they haven't opened it at all LOL. I did get a confirmation email a few minutes after sending saying that the update letter will be added to my file. I'm not sure if the email tracking app isn't working or if I should reach out to admissions? Or should I have gotten an email that actually confirms that the letter was added? I doubt it will help at this point but just wanted to hear your thoughts.
Pretty sure no one checks that email (if you're talking about [email protected]). They probably just have some software that automatically adds your email/PDF into your file. So it makes sense that email tracking is saying that no one opened your email.

Pretty sure no one checks that email (if you're talking about [email protected]). They probably just have some software that automatically adds your email/PDF into your file. So it makes sense that email tracking is saying that no one opened your email.
This is why they ask you to include only the pdf in the email and nothing else.

I am nervous for my interview tomorrow cus I feel like I don’t know enough about the MD only program (am TriI rejection —> MD only II). Anyone have any last minute tips or jumping off points for where to look on their site for unique things and/or interview tips?

I am nervous for my interview tomorrow cus I feel like I don’t know enough about the MD only program (am TriI rejection —> MD only II). Anyone have any last minute tips or jumping off points for where to look on their site for unique things and/or interview tips?
If you have global health experience(s) in your app, be prepared to talk about them in depth since they have a robust global health program. Also don’t be surprised if one interviewer asks more ethical/hypothetical questions about healthcare/bioethics/policy. I had absolutely no previous knowledge or experience to draw on for these questions but I felt like I handled them on the spot as best as possible. Good luck! You got this :)

Asking on behalf of another future interviewee, but aside from global health, what are some other things that are heavily emphasized at Cornell? So far, I know they really like students who are demonstrated leaders who come from a liberal arts background. Is this accurate and is there anything else?

Asking on behalf of another future interviewee, but aside from global health, what are some other things that are heavily emphasized at Cornell? So far, I know they really like students who are demonstrated leaders who come from a liberal arts background. Is this accurate and is there anything else?
They seem to be interested in research as well, but leadership is also a key component. I also got grilled on my MCAT and the quality of my undergrad (no name school?) but overall pretty relaxed interviews focused on telling your narrative.

• Wow
Does anyone know if they like updates and LOIs?

Last edited:
Is Cornell still giving out interview invites?

Reactions: 4 users
I just realized I completely forgot to send Thank you emails to my interviewers at Cornell. Will it make a difference in my admissions decision ? (Lol sounding kinda neurotic ik) - I did send an LOInterest a week or so ago

I just realized I completely forgot to send Thank you emails to my interviewers at Cornell. Will it make a difference in my admissions decision ? (Lol sounding kinda neurotic ik) - I did send an LOInterest a week or so ago
Same question, but I am sending my letter of interest\update today when my interview with Thursday LOL

I can't imagine it makes any difference whatsoever. I wouldn't give it a second thought :)

Last edited: