2022-2023 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just submitted my secondary. FYI after you submit the app, a link appears on the microsite called LOR Acknowledgement that you have to submit.

it states:
Two letters of recommendation not written by a relative (by blood or through marriage) are required.

• One evaluation must be from an osteopathic physician (DO). A letter from an allopathic physician (MD) in lieu of a recommendation from an osteopathic physician is not accepted; however, a letter(s) of recommendation from an allopathic physician(s) in addition to a letter of recommendation from an osteopathic physician is acceptable.

• The second required letter must be from a pre-medical or pre-health professions advisory committee, or instead, letters from two science faculty members familiar with the academic work of the applicant.

ARCOM welcomes additional letters recommendation from those who are acquainted with the student’s academic or professional ability. Letters of recommendation will be accepted via the AACOMAS application process, Virtual Evals, Interfolio, by email to [email protected], and/or by mail to:

ARCOM Director of Admissions PO Box 10366 Fort Smith, AR 72917

Reactions: 1 user
Just submitted my secondary. FYI after you submit the app, a link appears on the microsite called LOR Acknowledgement that you have to submit.

it states:
Two letters of recommendation not written by a relative (by blood or through marriage) are required.

• One evaluation must be from an osteopathic physician (DO). A letter from an allopathic physician (MD) in lieu of a recommendation from an osteopathic physician is not accepted; however, a letter(s) of recommendation from an allopathic physician(s) in addition to a letter of recommendation from an osteopathic physician is acceptable.

• The second required letter must be from a pre-medical or pre-health professions advisory committee, or instead, letters from two science faculty members familiar with the academic work of the applicant.

ARCOM welcomes additional letters recommendation from those who are acquainted with the student’s academic or professional ability. Letters of recommendation will be accepted via the AACOMAS application process, Virtual Evals, Interfolio, by email to [email protected], and/or by mail to:

ARCOM Director of Admissions PO Box 10366 Fort Smith, AR 72917
Best of luck! Keep us posted.

Members don't see this ad :)
just want my secondary but I submitted mid July so I got a long wait :(

Anyone who submitted primary mid July receive a secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
Verified 6/27
Secondary received Sunday
Secondary submitted yesterday
Interview received yesterday
I got an email in the morning to send the technical standard form to them. I honestly didn't read about it previously. Just barely sent it.

Admissions office told me they expect more secondaries to go out “soon”

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats everyone on the IIs today!

Do we think they’re through screening for secondaries? Was surprised to see interview invites already.

Congrats everyone on the IIs today!

Do we think they’re through screening for secondaries? Was surprised to see interview invites already.
most definitely not through screening, they screen all the way until March for them!

After researching flights (800$), it looks like I will be driving there lol
Anyone else have the interview on 8/12?

secondary submitted 7/4, turn around for II seem quick by the looks of it!

Do you mean 8/4? When did you submit your primary?
Yes sorry I meant 8/4.. but just got a call this morning from ARCOM and got an II. Scheduled 8/19. They gave me an II 12 hours after submitting secondary

Yes sorry I meant 8/4.. but just got a call this morning from ARCOM and got an II. Scheduled 8/19. They gave me an II 12 hours after submitting secondary
When did you submit your primary?

Anyone receive the "secondary in 24hr" email but not receive the secondary after 24hrs? I followed the instructions on the ACHE website but I don't see a "secondary application" link on the left like the email said?

5/10, received a confirmation email about primary app 6/21
god damn looks like their month or so really is accurate lmao, seems like it's about a month and a week after that email is sent

Anyone receive the "secondary in 24hr" email but not receive the secondary after 24hrs? I followed the instructions on the ACHE website but I don't see a "secondary application" link on the left like the email said?
when did you receive the secondary and the confirmation primary app email? trying to gather data points

when did you receive the secondary and the confirmation primary app email? trying to gather data points
App received email 6/21. 2ndary Invite Yesterday 8/3. Today I got an email saying " you should have received the 2ndary by now". Anyone else access it through the ACHE site? Just wanted to double check before emailing admissions

Last edited:
App received email 6/21. 2ndary Invite Yesterday 7/21. Today I got an email saying " you should have received the 2ndary by now". Anyone else access it through the ACHE site? Just wanted to double check before emailing admissions
sorry you said invite yesterday and listed 7/21, but it would be 8/3 no? so 6/21 then 8/3? also yea just call admissions they're super nice!!

• Haha
App received email 6/21. 2ndary Invite Yesterday 7/21. Today I got an email saying " you should have received the 2ndary by now". Anyone else access it through the ACHE site? Just wanted to double check before emailing admissions
A bit confused about the dates you posted.

When did ARCOM receive your primary application from AACOMAS?
When did you get your secondary?

• Haha
Haha no worries I’m just trying to gauge when I’ll get mine 😂 my confirmation was 7/15 so seems like I’ll get it between 8/15 and 9/1
We're in the same exact boat my friend.

II confirmed in person 8/12… gonna be flying from oregon. Overnight 12hr layover on the way back in forth worth Texas airport… rip

We're in the same exact boat my friend.
1659720474067.gif

Feeling like this currently, when did you get primary confirmation?

damn no secondary yet! seems crazy that they are already doing interviews

View attachment 358072
Feeling like this currently, when did you get primary confirmation?
Same here. I'm going cray, cray! Its my 1st choice school. I'm IS. Anxiously waiting. Have my secondary responses ready, hotel I'm gonna book overnight chosen. Just need a suit, lol.

Sent my app 6/28, got my application received email 7/15.

Same here. I'm going cray, cray! Its my 1st choice school. I'm IS. Anxiously waiting. Have my secondary responses ready, hotel I'm gonna book overnight chosen. Just need a suit, lol.

Sent my app 6/28, got my application received email 7/15.
Indeed in the same boat friend, our time is soon!

So uh anyone got any book recommendations? I haven’t read for pleasure in ages so I was just gonna write about Harry Potter 😂