2022-2023 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So uh anyone got any book recommendations? I haven’t read for pleasure in ages so I was just gonna write about Harry Potter

Right? I had this same issue. I thought it was a little unfair. If you want, pm me. A coworker who loves reading sent me a few books she recommended given the prompt.

Members don't see this ad.

Right? I had this same issue. I thought it was a little unfair. If you want, pm me. A coworker who loves reading sent me a few books she recommended given the prompt.
Would love that thank you!

So uh anyone got any book recommendations? I haven’t read for pleasure in ages so I was just gonna write about Harry Potter 😂
Funny enough I just listened to the audiobook of all of the Harry Potter books. I didn't mention that in my secondary lol.
I did mention one of Dr. Gawande's books though. I love reading. Just not a lot of time. I recommend audiobooks while you are doing chores. They are lifesavers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Funny enough I just listened to the audiobook of all of the Harry Potter books. I didn't mention that in my secondary lol.
I did mention one of Dr. Gawande's books though. I love reading. Just not a lot of time. I recommend audiobooks while you are doing chores. They are lifesavers.
@latransplant reminded me of 1984 so was gonna write about that!

Reactions: 1 users
I read a cool book called “for small creatures such as we”. It’s kind of a long dry book, but I picked it up during Covid because I was depressed and needed to find non-religious ways to find meaning in daily rituals.

Reactions: 1 user
Just want a secondary but I know I got time before my month or so 😔

Members don't see this ad :)
i emailed. they said not everyone gets a secondary and that we just gotta wait. they review the app before sending secondary. i think thats why after secondary, interview invite comes pretty quick. cuz app is already reviewed pre-secondary

i emailed. they said not everyone gets a secondary and that we just gotta wait. they review the app before sending secondary. i think thats why after secondary, interview invite comes pretty quick. cuz app is already reviewed pre-secondary
did they mention if you're in review still etc

Interesting. What are your stats?

For those of you that are interviewing. Are you wearing masks, shaking hands?
From digging around in past threads ive heard that the dean has invited students over to dinner before a restaurant.
Im freaking about bringing a pair of shorts or jeans etc. Never thought an in person interview would be this stressful.

For those of you that are interviewing. Are you wearing masks, shaking hands?
From digging around in past threads ive heard that the dean has invited students over to dinner before a restaurant.
Im freaking about bringing a pair of shorts or jeans etc. Never thought an in person interview would be this stressful.
I interview on Friday. Flying tomorrow from OR and won’t get in until midnight the night before so I won’t be able to attend the zoom thing. I’ll bring a mask and shake hands. Because my flight back home leaves at 6pm after the interview day ends at 3pm, I’m not bringing a change of clothes other than sweats for traveling. I’m assuming I will be in suit and tie the whole day.
You gonna be there Fri??

How long after submitting secondary with most of yall receive an invite? Also, are these invites required to be physical? Or there is the option for virtual?

I interview on Friday. Flying tomorrow from OR and won’t get in until midnight the night before so I won’t be able to attend the zoom thing. I’ll bring a mask and shake hands. Because my flight back home leaves at 6pm after the interview day ends at 3pm, I’m not bringing a change of clothes other than sweats for traveling. I’m assuming I will be in suit and tie the whole day.
You gonna be there Fri??

I will. I’m flying from the midwest. I get there tomorrow morning. I’m staying until Saturday morning since I’m saving money that way.

Last edited:
Pretty sure they’re sending secondaries in batches, next week might be another batch

Life is not in my side today. My flight got cancelled and everything else is booked. Looks like I am driving after all. I will be leaving shortly and driving 13 hours to get there tomorrow.
RIP

Life is not in my side today. My flight got cancelled and everything else is booked. Looks like I am driving after all. I will be leaving shortly and driving 16 hours to get there tomorrow.
RIP
Sending you Red Bull vibes friend!

II invite!!! Scheduled for next Friday.
Application verified 7/13
Received secondary on 8/4
Submitted 8/6
Submitted LOR waiver 8/8
Interview invite 8/11

WOOOO! I am so excited!!!

II invite!!! Scheduled for next Friday.
Application verified 7/13
Received secondary on 8/4
Submitted 8/6
Submitted LOR waiver 8/8
Interview invite 8/11

WOOOO! I am so excited!!!
Omg I was verified on 7/15!! I hope this means my time is close for a secondary, stats if I may ask?

If my app was verified 6/21, should I assume I’ve been screened out? Last DO secondary im waiting on and I’d very much like to be done

OMS1 here! Can't wait to see some of yall on campus during your interviews!

what are y'alls word counts coming to on the secondary prompts? All my answers are about 100 words.
My shortest was 115 and my longest was 208. I don't think the length is of much importance. What matters is how you convey your story and that you stay true to yourself.

Just finished the day. Interview was great. I felt like I rambled to much on my first question. Other than that it went well. The facility is top notch. The staff and students are very friendly.
They said 2-3 weeks to get results back.
I’d be happy to go to this school.

All I can say that it is great to be able to visit a campus and the city it’s in.

• Care
Just finished the day. Interview was great. I felt like I rambled to much on my first question. Other than that it went well. The facility is top notch. The staff and students are very friendly.

All I can say that it is great to be able to visit a campus and the city it’s in.
Did you tell them to send me a secondary?

Agreed! Great day overall. Awesome facilities and student housing.
Now we wait!

any advice for the interview mine is Tuesday kinda nervous ngl

any advice for the interview mine is Tuesday kinda nervous ngl

Honestly just be yourself. I wasn’t even asked why doctor or why DO. It was really about just knowing you as a person. The interview is closed file so you have to go in knowing that they know nothing about you. Which can be good or bad depending on how you feel about that. It was nice that things like grades and MCAT were not talked about. If you get interviewed, your stats are good in their eyes. They just want to make sure you have the personal skills/are a good fit for the program.
What ppl have said previously about the school is true. Everyone there wants you to succeed.

Submitted primary to this school on 8/1/22, secondary received 8/9. Completed secondary on 8/12. Does this school send out complete emails before II?

Submitted primary to this school on 8/1/22, secondary received 8/9. Completed secondary on 8/12. Does this school send out complete emails before II?
Jesus you got a secondary that fast? Some of us have been waiting months 😂 what’s your stats?