-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Boston University
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Pre-II R as well, complete 7/27. I will say they have one of the nicest rejection emails I've read so far.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thecheddar
Full Member
II this week! submitted around labor day!
Volkner243
Full Member
Pretty sure my CASPER score killed my chances as well...Another Pre-II R, complete 7/20. IS, ORM, Lizzy M ~78, 4th Q casper
Pretty sure my CASPER score killed my chances as well...
Isn’t 4th quartile the highest? I.e., 75-100 percentile score?
I think he/she was sarcastic 🙂)Isn’t 4th quartile the highest? I.e., 75-100 percentile score?
beansncheese
Full Member
II just now! Complete 8/15 but submitted secondary 7/21
D
deleted1140198
congrats! got the R here, but saw you got an II yesterday (or maybe last week) too! you're killing it 🙂II today! Complete late September. LM 70, WARS low 80s. OOS.
Saw two interview slots get snatched up before my eyes. December interview dates.
OOS II today! Complete 8/15, 2nd quartile CASPer
I think he/she was sarcastic 🙂)
Oops haha
For anyone who interviewed, is there no other event on interview day besides the interview itself? No welcome panel, Q&A, or anything else? I know they held sessions on other days, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything for interview day, itself.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone who interviewed, is there no other event on interview day besides the interview itself? No welcome panel, Q&A, or anything else? I know they held sessions on other days, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything for interview day, itself.
That was my experience….only the interview on interview day
caramelsauce
Full Member
Also, do we have to attend those other sessions the same week as our interview, or could I technically attend anytime?
confusedonceagain
Full Member
Pre II R - complete 7/26 - 518 3.8X
I think anytime! As long as it is before your interview, from what I understandAlso, do we have to attend those other sessions the same week as our interview, or could I technically attend anytime?
complete 7/29 and still haven't heard anything. Should I take this as a good sign?
D
deleted1124754
I haven't heard back either, but not holding my breath for this one. I was complete 8/01, LM 75-76 and I also thought I had a chance for a while, but I think it may just be that I was assigned a slow reviewer.complete 7/29 and still haven't heard anything. Should I take this as a good sign?
yellowsun321
Full Member
Pre II R today complete late July
Pre-II R complete mid July
washedupathlete
Full Member
Pre-II R, Complete 8/31
Damn, it's been mass rejections over the past few days here huh? I'm sorry you guys, I hope y'all get accepted elsewhere 🙁 <3
DrHopefulMD
Full Member
Pre-II R, complete 7/22
Pre-II R, complete 7/17.
cheesecake11
Full Member
sorry to hear, did they just send out the email? hoping for other IIs for you!Pre-II R, complete 7/17.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
potatolover55
Full Member
pre-II R, complete 9/30
lanadelpey
Full Member
Pre-II R, complete mid July. LM 75, OOS
Lithium Carbonate
Full Member
Watching this thread with a July complete date
Pre-II R, complete mid July. LM 75, OOS
Are they on a 4 day R streak? [emoji24]
beansncheese
Full Member
Question for those who already interviewed - was there anything specific asked during your interview about the info sessions/is there a real reason the sessions are "required" before interviewing or are they just like any other info sessions?
Due to a scheduling conflict, I had to change my interview date from 12/14 to 11/17, so my intro session with Dr. Goodell is now AFTER my interview. I am panicking about this a bit and would appreciate any insight!
Due to a scheduling conflict, I had to change my interview date from 12/14 to 11/17, so my intro session with Dr. Goodell is now AFTER my interview. I am panicking about this a bit and would appreciate any insight!
pinecone33
Full Member
The intro session is just like all the others, don't stress! Although Dr Goodell makes it engaging and fun. It was nice to get a feel for BU before my interview but definitely not essential by any means. I think I remember them saying that it was "strongly recommended" or something to attend pre-interview but definitely not a requirement. Good luck interviewing!Question for those who already interviewed - was there anything specific asked during your interview about the info sessions/is there a real reason the sessions are "required" before interviewing or are they just like any other info sessions?
Due to a scheduling conflict, I had to change my interview date from 12/14 to 11/17, so my intro session with Dr. Goodell is now AFTER my interview. I am panicking about this a bit and would appreciate any insight!
What percentage of interviewees were all formally dressed up? (during the intro session)The intro session is just like all the others, don't stress! Although Dr Goodell makes it engaging and fun. It was nice to get a feel for BU before my interview but definitely not essential by any means. I think I remember them saying that it was "strongly recommended" or something to attend pre-interview but definitely not a requirement. Good luck interviewing!
majority of people at mine were in suits- I felt a little weird at first because I was dressed v casually, but Dr. Goodell said something like “I see a lot of you are dressed to the nines and I appreciate it, but you really didn’t have to!!”What percentage of interviewees were all formally dressed up? (during the intro session)
beansncheese
Full Member
The intro session is just like all the others, don't stress! Although Dr Goodell makes it engaging and fun. It was nice to get a feel for BU before my interview but definitely not essential by any means. I think I remember them saying that it was "strongly recommended" or something to attend pre-interview but definitely not a requirement. Good luck interviewing!
Thank you so much!! Definitely feeling much better and appreciate the help!
TuberculosisGirlboss
Full Member
Finally hit with the R, complete on 08/03. Bummed about this one 🙁
Pre II R oos complete late july
D
deleted1148392
The mass Rs continue- pre-II R this lovely morning
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1148392
That was me up until literally this morning. Seems they are gradually working through the Rs right nowAnyone who's been complete since early July still in the running? I've been complete since 7/13 but haven't heard anything yet (II or R)
Ah, so they're not working through the applications chronologically? I guess I'll just have to wait for the R then lolThat was me up until literally this morning. Seems they are gradually working through the Rs right now