-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 George Washington
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Pre-primary R just now. 🙁
Have you checked what it says on the portal?I am sure no one knows for sure but is it a good/bad sign if i was complete in July and have heard literally nothing? Like why wasn’t I put on hold? Does it mean i’ll probs never hear anything from GW at this point
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lolPre-primary R just now. 🙁
aspiringphysician2023a
Full Member
For uploading update letters, do we write anything in the message box? I have been attaching a PDF file with my text, however, I just noticed it titles it /fakepath/ and that looks strange. I want to make sure my PDFs are accessible. Does anyone know?
+1uh oh got that pre-II R 😳
submitted late September. On hold soon after. LM70, WARS low80s. OOD (out of district ;D)
Learn To Swim!
Full Member
Pre-II R just now. Complete in August. Put on hold 10/8.
Last edited:
FutureMDCol
Full Member
pre-interview hold. Do we know if its common to move from hold to an interview?
medschoolaspirant2023
Full Member
Lots of us are on hold waiting since July-Aug. People do get interviews after being placed on hold, based on SDN threads very few so far I think.pre-interview hold. Do we know if its common to move from hold to an interview?
Is it possible to go from hold to II at this point in the cycle?
Absolutely. Pretty sure majority of people are on “hold”Is it possible to go from hold to II at this point in the cycle?
That's a relief to hear thank you so muchAbsolutely. Pretty sure majority of people are on “hold”
anxiousthrowaway
Full Member
Received alternate list today after early November interview
Same here. Crushed but still hopefulReceived alternate list today after early November interview
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
fakeituntilumakeit
Full Member
Got the A today!!!! This is my top choice so I am unbelievably excited! Interviewed in December LM 72. Good luck to everyone else still waiting!
Post-II R yesterday.
Congratulations! May I know when did you interview?Got the A today!!!! This is my top choice so I am unbelievably excited! Interviewed in December LM 72. Good luck to everyone else still waiting!
You recieved a rejection post-interview? How did you feel post interview?Post-II R yesterday.
lcm.md.mom
Full Member
When did you interview?Post-II R yesterday.
hey if u dont mind, what date specifically did you interview?Got the A today!!!! This is my top choice so I am unbelievably excited! Interviewed in December LM 72. Good luck to everyone else still waiting!
I had mine on Dec 13 and I'm still waiting. also congrats!!
Does anyone know what the “Correspondence concerning the status of your application has been sent to you via email to your preferred email address on file with AMCAS.” status message means? I didn’t receive anything in my inbox or spam so I’m not sure. The 2011 GW thread says it’s likely a rejection.
I have never seen that message. but I was also WL after interview.Does anyone know what the “Correspondence concerning the status of your application has been sent to you via email to your preferred email address on file with AMCAS.” status message means? I didn’t receive anything in my inbox or spam so I’m not sure. The 2011 GW thread says it’s likely a rejection.
Was wondering for people who got an A or WL, how many weeks after II and was it more conversational or Q/A?
pugsygirl17
Full Member
Was this pre or post interview?Does anyone know what the “Correspondence concerning the status of your application has been sent to you via email to your preferred email address on file with AMCAS.” status message means? I didn’t receive anything in my inbox or spam so I’m not sure. The 2011 GW thread says it’s likely a rejection.
fakeituntilumakeit
Full Member
Sent you a chat!Congratulations! May I know when did you interview?
fakeituntilumakeit
Full Member
Just sent you a message 🙂 Thank you!!hey if u dont mind, what date specifically did you interview?
I had mine on Dec 13 and I'm still waiting. also congrats!!
I was WL after 5.5 weeks. Interview was more Q&A with light conversation. Very pleasant interviewer.Was wondering for people who got an A or WL, how many weeks after II and was it more conversational or Q/A?
fakeituntilumakeit
Full Member
I got this after I scheduled my interview I think so not necessarily a bad thing!Does anyone know what the “Correspondence concerning the status of your application has been sent to you via email to your preferred email address on file with AMCAS.” status message means? I didn’t receive anything in my inbox or spam so I’m not sure. The 2011 GW thread says it’s likely a rejection.
Congrats<3!! If I may ask how many weeks after II / How did u feel after was it more conversational or Q/A? have heard mix thingsI got this after I scheduled my interview I think so not necessarily a bad thing!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
fakeituntilumakeit
Full Member
I heard back around a month after my interview and it was more Q&A style interview with traditional type questions. Really positive experience, low stress, and friendly.Congrats<3!! If I may ask how many weeks after II / How did u feel after was it more conversational or Q/A? have heard mix things
I have never seen that message. but I was also WL after interview.
Was this pre or post interview?
I got this after I scheduled my interview I think so not necessarily a bad thing!
This was Pre-II. I was previously on hold, like most people, but I sent an update letter at the end of November and I'm not really sure when that message was posted onto my portal.
I think it simply is a message saying they sent you an update about your status.Does anyone know what the “Correspondence concerning the status of your application has been sent to you via email to your preferred email address on file with AMCAS.” status message means? I didn’t receive anything in my inbox or spam so I’m not sure. The 2011 GW thread says it’s likely a rejection.
After I got my II and I went onto the portal it said that. So I imagine you should read it a face value and that they sent some sort of status update- positive or negative 🤷♂️.
Does anyone have a link to an accepted students Facebook or groupme? I couldn't find a link in here.
A, 10 weeks after (painful), pretty traditional q and a but light convo at the endWas wondering for people who got an A or WL, how many weeks after II and was it more conversational or Q/A?
I didn’t like my interviewer, and had a negative overall experience. This was my least favorite. I already went into this with low expectations of a good interview based on how my good friend’s interview went a couple cycles ago.You recieved a rejection post-interview? How did you feel post interview?
I interviewed early December.When did you interview?
+1, on hold since September then ghosted. I sent an update without entering anything in the message box but have no idea if that is correctI am still on hold from many months ago, are there more interviews coming out? Also does anyone know if you were supposed to write anything in the message box when uploading update letters?
I don't think you have to put anything in the message box because when I got my II they told us to upload a headshot with our aamc id number and interview date in one pdf file. They told us not to type it in the message box.+1, on hold since September then ghosted. I sent an update without entering anything in the message box but have no idea if that is correct
I would also like to know ^^^ Boosting this hahais there an accepted students group chat somewhere? 🙂
I just got the Pre-II R after being on hold since July 🙁 GW was my dream and number one school. This one stung so bad and I just feel so defeated and emotional right now. I guess I'm just not smart or good enough 🙁.
Do yall think it would be smart to maybe send in another update or letter or something even after getting an R? Has anyone done that before?
bacon_n_backsquats
Full Member
All schools are pretty explicit that their decision is final. I haven’t heard of anyone doing it but I can’t imagine what could sway them. I’m sorry for your situation but I don’t think it would be a good look, if you have other applications outstanding work on sending updates to them, otherwise figure out how to improve your app for next year.Do yall think it would be smart to maybe send in another update or letter or something even after getting an R? Has anyone done that before?
You're right. I was just being foolish and just didn't want to accept this outcome. I think it's time for me to accept this and try and move on. Thank you for your advice.All schools are pretty explicit that their decision is final. I haven’t heard of anyone doing it but I can’t imagine what could sway them. I’m sorry for your situation but I don’t think it would be a good look, if you have other applications outstanding work on sending updates to them, otherwise figure out how to improve your app for next year.
Allow yourself to process your emotions, but this rejection does not define you! You will become a doctor one day 🙂, keep your head up!I just got the Pre-II R after being on hold since July 🙁 GW was my dream and number one school. This one stung so bad and I just feel so defeated and emotional right now. I guess I'm just not smart or good enough 🙁.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bacon_n_backsquats
Full Member
Hey man the fact you can say that displays a lot of maturity. Just keep advancing forward! Look back only to reflect on how you can improve!You're right. I was just being foolish and just didn't want to accept this outcome. I think it's time for me to accept this and try and move on. Thank you for your advice.
Allow yourself to process your emotions, but this rejection does not define you! You will become a doctor one day 🙂, keep your head up!
Hey man the fact you can say that displays a lot of maturity. Just keep advancing forward! Look back only to reflect on how you can improve!
Y'all are so kind and motivational and are just amazing people! Honestly, it still hurts really bad. It's like I purposely got a MPH at GW, did many things for the school, and had decent stats at LM 75, like come on. Just seeing all of your support and advice has been very uplifting for me. I wish nothing but the best for you all in your journey! Your patients will be so lucky to have you as their physician. I'm rooting for you all!
So so sorry bud! That definitely must have hit hard and I'm sure GW appreciates all that you have done! Admission to med schools is just a crap shoot. I'm sure you will get there eventually. As others have said, Keep your head up high!!!!! I'm rooting for you as well! So sorry!Y'all are so kind and motivational and are just amazing people! Honestly, it still hurts really bad. It's like I purposely got a MPH at GW, did many things for the school, and had decent stats at LM 75, like come on. Just seeing all of your support and advice has been very uplifting for me. I wish nothing but the best for you all in your journey! Your patients will be so lucky to have you as their physician. I'm rooting for you all!
medschoolaspirant2023
Full Member
I just read a post on one of the forums, he got accepted today after trying since 2017. I understand your feelings and frustration but I am sure you will get in. Don't lose hope bro, you never know good news might be just round the corner. All the best, god bless.Y'all are so kind and motivational and are just amazing people! Honestly, it still hurts really bad. It's like I purposely got a MPH at GW, did many things for the school, and had decent stats at LM 75, like come on. Just seeing all of your support and advice has been very uplifting for me. I wish nothing but the best for you all in your journey! Your patients will be so lucky to have you as their physician. I'm rooting for you all!
Last edited:
Forgot to post earlier. Interview invite on 12/19 for interview date of 2/9. Good luck, y'all